vdubinko Verified User
  • Member since Nov 29th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by vdubinko

@kirkshanahanThanks for your comments. Some of the criticism cam be answered straightforward, such as (i) the oxygen trace in the samples – it was due to the delay in XRD for a couple of days after the first experiment. When we did next XRD of freshly hydrogenated samples, none was found; (ii) if you have a look at Fig. 3 of Part 2, you may see that it was not hot spots, but complete melting of all the Cu present; (iii) the heat of crystallization is clearly seen in the DSC of NdFe10 in the Ar atmosphere just above 500 C (Fig. 7) – it is ~6 J/g, which is negligible. However, generally I would agree on that reported results do not prove the excess heat to be produced, they just point out at the possibility of some hidden mechanisms of heat production. So it’s a kind of a teaser, at this stage. We are currently working on prolonging the reaction, which could help us to evaluate the produced heat and make more definite conclusions.

see http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…enation-vladimir-dubinko/

There is no oxygen in the chamber that was evacuated to deep vacuum before H was let in. Calorimetry has been calculated based on the amount of absorbed H reported in the DSC, (and not just the sample weight) which results in seemingly "abnormal" heat production claimed in the report. Further study is needed to prolong the heat production beyond the chemical limits.

Dear Alexander,

I am impressed with your testing, the more so that (as was already mentioned by previous blogger) "this success can ruin Russia which live from export of gas ans oil. " So the question is what is the response from your colleagues in Russia, if any? On my side, I would be happy to help from the theoretical point, and would like to attract your attention to a new mechanism of LENR in solids , in which Discrete Breathers play the role of a catalyzer via extreme dynamic closing of adjacent H/D atoms required for the tunneling through the Coulomb barrier. Specific combination of localized (anharmonic) and long-range (harmonic) forces is required to create a Discrete Breather, which involves hundreds of atoms. That's why it is called Breather Nano Collider (BNC). Breather Nano Collider for LENR explanation Now I am working on developing this concept taking into account correlation effects [Schrodinger (1930)-Robertson (1930)- Vysotsky (2010)] which can enlarge the required closing in a BNC from ~0.01 up to ~0.1 Angstroms, which seems to be quite a realistic value based on recent MD studies. The details of the BNC concept can be found in the paper by V. Dubinko 'Low-energy Nuclear Reactions Driven by Discrete Breathers' J. Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, 14 (2014) 87-107 http://www.iscmns.org/CMNS/publications.htm

more details on breather structure etc is in the paper http://www.iscmns.org/CMNS/JCMNS-Vol14.pdf p. 87.
    The breather energy is just about 1 eV (!) , but the short tunneling distance within the breather (~0.01 Angstroms) plays the same role as the huge energy does for free deuterons in helping them to get through the barrier.
    "how can the resultant nuclear fusion outcome produce energy without deadly gamma, neutrons, radioactive products" is an open question, which lyes beyond the scope of the proposed model of tunneling.

22 Dec 2014 there was a presentation of the paper by V. Dubinko Low-energy Nuclear Reactions Driven by Discrete Breathers
    J. Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, 14 (2014) 87-107. in the Institute of Nuclear Research, Kiev, Ukraine

A new mechanism of LENR in solids is proposed, in which DBs play the role of a catalyzer via extreme dynamic closing of adjacent H/D atoms required for the tunneling through the Coulomb barrier.
    The present mechanism explains all the salient LENR requirements: (i, ii) long initiation time and high loading of D within the Pd lattice as preconditioning needed to prepare small PdD crystals, in which DBs can be excited more easily, and (iii, iv) the triggering by D flux or electric current, which facilitates the DB creation by the input energy transformed into the lattice vibrations.
    The model (under selected set of material parameters) describes quantitatively the observed exponential dependence on temperature and linear dependence on the electric (or ion) current.
    Results are based only on the known physical principles and on independent atomistic simulations of DBs in metals and ion crystals using realistic many-body interatomic potentials.
    An outstanding goal of this research is to suggest new ways of engineering the nuclear active environment by creating BNC (by special doping and mechanical treatment), which are proposed to be the most constitutive catalyzer of LENR.

PDF summary is attached