Majorana Member
  • Member since Jan 12th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Majorana

Recently when saying that "LENR must be integrated or will be killed".
    I think Rossi gave the answer to your question.
    All who still think Rossi is in charge of the E-Cat, please stop being naive.

You don't seem to understand a very basic notion Thomas, I don't know if it makes any sense to attempt to explain this to you.

The core mission of this forum is to be a tool of communication for all who, despite of the censorship of the scientific community that is imposed on the world when it comes to nuclear transmutations at low temperatures and pressures, want to conduct experiments in this field.

Our premise (Do you know what a premise is? Check your dictionary if not) is that experimentation of things that haven't been researched AND documented before is never wrong as long as the experimentation causes no harm to anyone.

Due to the censorship I just mentioned above, our budgets are limited and of course all scientific rigour, the one you wish for, can't be fulfilled. That is why we look for order of magnitude effects, that cannot be explained by any systematic error and thus are convincing also without scientific rigour.

You are convinced that the 1/r Coulomb potential, the exponential Yukawa potential and the law of superposition of electrodynamics are everything there is and that they are generally valid and appropriate to describe nature. This is an assumption, nothing else. A good assumption, no question about that, because that is what has been observed in most experiments so far. But there are still a lot of physical configuration, that have NEVER been examined.

Our premise and our curiosity thus force us to try this. Stay constructive and take part in our work or leave this forum.

No vakkuum (((all homemade equipment .. The Middle Ages (((Check for
    good equipment -.. Do better and share the results of all will be good!.
    Of course there is KOH.

Open cell, hydrogen is passed, slightly enriched D.

Google translator changes the meaning :(. Sorry.

There is quite a language barrier. Could you explain what you did, all experimental parameters and so on to e.g. @Peter Gluck
    than he could give us a proper english translation. Thanks for the great work!

Since there was no @ consider it as a general remark.

@Branzell
    Your post was not deleted because it was insulting but because it was non-constructive.
    If you want to criticize a post do it in a constructive way, c.f. Thomas Clarkes post above.

Sarcastic, spam posts disturb those who are interested in the contents of the thread by lengthening it unnecessarilly.

If LAV's are the effect behind LENR in PdD NiH lattices, we can draw the interesting conclusion, that there is
    a self-inhibition mechanism is inherent to any PdD NiH based fuel. It would mean
    that LENR can not be utilized for nuclear weapons. This would be very important for the public acceptance of LENR tech.
    At our time nobody wants to forward reactor technology anymore with potential risk of uncontrolled chain reactions.

I would be glad if this theory turns out to be accurate.

@barty

Es ist schon eine sehr ernüchternde Lage, in der sich das Amateurforschungsfeld LENR befindet. Es ist, wie Du schon sagst, aussichtslos, dass aus dem Amateurforschungsfeld ein öffentliches wird. Alle die über ausreichende Mittel verfügen sind auf Kommerzialisierung und Profit und nicht auf Wissenschaft aus. Denjenigen die auf Wissenschaft aus sind (MFMP) fehlen die Mittel. Mich enttäuscht das ebenso wie Dich.

Ich ziehe daraus aber nur den Schluss dass wir unablässig und unermüdlich weiter experimentieren müssen. Alle Materialkombinationen, bei allen Temperatur- und Druckverhältnissen erproben, die noch nicht dokumentiert von anderen erprobt wurden.

Viele sagen einem dazu, dass das Standardmodell bei den Temperaturen und Drücken eine verschwindend kleine quantenmechanische Tunnelrate vorhersagt. Doch diese Menschen
    denken, dass Sie mit dem Standardmodell den Stein der Weisen gefunden haben. Sie denken, dass daraus und aus dem Superpositionsprinzip, der Linearität folgt, dass dies für alle Materieformen gelten muss.

Dabei vergessen Sie wie schlecht wir insbesondere die Kernwechselwirkungen verstanden haben. Das verschweigt die Gemeinschaft der Physiker ach so gerne. Zu der ich übrigens gehöre. Ich übe hier also Kritik am eigenen Berufsstand und weiß wovon ich spreche.

In unsere kapitalistischen Gesellschaft verdient man als Forscher kein Geld damit, den Medien und damit auch den Verantwortlichen der Förderquellen zu zeigen an welchen Stellen die eigene Theorie versagt sondern, man erhält nur Geld, wenn man die eigenen Erfolge bewirbt. Das machen die Kollegen am CERN sehr eifrig und sagen, dann immer wie wunderbar die QCD manche Experimente beschreibt. Was sie dabei dann gerne verschweigen ist, dass es gemäß QCD keine Tetraquark-Zustände geben dürfte, die man am CERN aber nunmal schon beobachtet hat.

Gerade weil die QCD im Gegensatz zur QED so ungenau ist, gibt es für uns nur noch im Rahmen von Kernumwandlungen die Chance auf eine neue, emissionsfreie Energiequelle.
    Die Kernreaktionen in und auf Materialoberflächen im festen Aggregatzustand stellen da aus meiner Sicht die einzige aussichtsreiche Möglichkeit dar.

All dies berücksichtigend und in anbetracht des Energie-Gaus der unentwegt näher kommt schliesse ich aus dieser Lage, dass wir jetzt folgendes machen müssen:
    Wir müssen unablässig und unermüdlich weiter experimentieren und alle Materialkombinationen, bei allen Temperatur- und Druckverhältnissen erproben, die noch nicht dokumentiert von anderen erprobt wurden. Und wir müssen so viele andere Menschen wie möglich dazu bringen dabei mitzumachen.

Lasst uns das organisieren und hinkriegen.

Es ist ziemlich klar, dass sofern sich tatsächlich herausstellen sollte, dass es exotherme Kernreaktion bei einigen 1000 °C und einigen 10 bar gibt, die Erforschung der heißen Fusion, was die Anwendung zur Energiegewinnung betrifft, umgehend eingestellt wird.

Der Grund ist vollkommen klar, niemand wird Milliarden Euro für fast Kubikkilometer große Kraftwerke ausgeben, die aufgrund ihrer Komplexität der Magnetfeldspulen aus betriebstechnischer Sicht sehr anfällig für Produktionsausfälle sind, wenn man die gleiche Energiegewinnung mit Aufbauten á la Rossi hinbekommt. Die Betonung liegt auf wenn.

Falls irgendetwas von dem was Brillouin, Rossi und all die anderen behaupten gemessen und gesehen zu haben stimmt, wird die heiße Fusionsforschung bald eingestellt werden. Betonung liegt aber wieder auf wenn.

Ich komme mir bei all der Geheimnistuerei der Leute nämlich langsam vor als wenn wir von lauter Spinnern und Betrügern umgeben sind.

The idea of having an absolutely repeatable testbed also appealed to me and I poked around for likely experiments.

What I decided would be workable was carbon arc experiments, either underwater or in air that have been confirmed repeatedly to yield new…

I haven't heard about this before but it sounds interesting. Thank you for the pointer!

Well, the reason why I pushed forward the isotope measurements and want to depart from heat measurement should be
    clear if one understood the purpose of the thread. I want to consider an experiment that is as simply as possible and as
    safe as possibly hence much more people can try it themselves.

Heat measurement is complicated compared to sending a sample of ash to a third party lab.

@barty
    you are right ! I was not thinking in that direction..
    Is these difficult to buy the same russian LAH as AP ?

Well, you could even do better than that.

You could order LiAlH4 which has all it's 1H (Protium) atoms replaced by 2H (Deuterium) at american elements for example.
    It is called LiAlD4.

But me356 decided not to pursue the setup with Ni + LiAlH4 anymore because of the dangers associated with it.
    I can fully understand this.

Maybe someone can convince MFMP to try out LiAlD4

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/02/01/mfmp-new-generation-celani-wire-test-show-possible-10-excess-heat/'] [...] *very cautious note at this stage as the calorimeter needs more characterisation* [...] … Posted by Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project on Monday, February 1, 2016[/feedquote]

That is the whole problem guys....

NEVER ever post such a news IF you are not 100 % sure that there are NO systematic errors / offset errors in your calorimeter.

Always take your time to check this for a couple of months.

THAT was the reason why P&F and others lost their reputation.

Let us make it even easier to reproduce:

No temperature measurements!

Just: Measurement of isotopic composition before heating procedure by ICP-MS method.
    Measurement of isotopic composition after heating procedure by ICP-MS method.

Measurement can be done by a third party lab.

This will cost a couple of hundred €. Crowdfunding?

Why should one do this one may ask? I know many here will now start to scream for excess heat measurements.

excess heats measurements are ambigous in a sense that they can orginate from other sources. Hidden electrical heaters.

Isotopic Measurements are not:

Change in isotopic composition compared to natural composition <=> nuclear reactions.
    No change in composition <=> no nuclear reactions.

I have an idea for an experimental setup that will be safe, cheap and reproducible.

The test could be divided in two phases, and the first phase will be even cheaper.

It is based on the accumulator/battery cathode material LiNiO2 (There were exothermic reactions observed in such batteries that
    have not been understood now, Coincidence? I do not want to speculate here, I leave this to you) http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2…7924/full/ncomms7924.html

LiNiO2 is non-flammable, non-explosive and non-toxic (It can support allergies, however, so put on gloves anyhow)

Phase 1:

One needs an ampule of a chemically inert material with high melting point. Tantulum compounds are available for this purpose.

First the ampule can be open.

At the opening one can place two high melting point wires made of nickel high temperature alloy to apply voltage.

Possibly one could also place the ampule in the center of a Helmholtz coil to apply magnetic fields.

The most expensive equipment will be the temperature measurement devices.

Phase 2:

One needs a closed container of high temperature Ta alloy It can be very small, just a few cm³ are enough. This will let the experiment stay safe.
    First let the Oxygen be released from LiNiO2 at ~300 °C in the opened ampule.

Place the LiNi alloy inside the closed container and evacuate it.

Then one can build up a hydrogen, either 1H or 2H, atmosphere inside the container and
    start to heat it.

Same procedure then as before.

We need reproducible experiments. No attempts to replicate the impossible.

I bet it's an ELF energy harvester with a resonant collection &quot;antenna&quot; at 10 Hz (i.e. Schumann resonance frequency)

If this effect was the basis of their device and if they had examined their device well enough so they had understood that this is the effect and used this to advertise instead of saying they split time, then it would be completely fine for me.

The problem I have with Steorn, and it is such a severe problem that only worst ignorants could not be aware of, is, that they will destroy the field of new energy research even further.

Their fraud will have an effect like P&F had.

Any honestly and methodologically correct working scientist in the field who will try to present his work will be confronted with their fraudulent behaviour, making his progress even harder to accomplish.

Infinite energy is nonsense, I am absolutely sure. Physics is however not completely understood. However, you don't even have to consider new physics to think that new energy sources can be found and can be made available.

1 kg of arbitrary matter contains the energy that a moderate nuclear power plant produces in 100 years. This is accepted and established physics since decades.

But: All of you blind fans who support without asking are potentially causing damage to this field because honest researchers will be compared with the scammers that were made big by your ignorant support.

I think we have to depart from the aim of replicating parkhomov. Just look at how he manipulated his data.

Instead, we need more small scale experiments from a larger number of different people.

Of course it would be nice if much more people on the world would try to test Brillouin-like setups, but this is
    unrealistic because of the required resources and time you would have to invest.

Instead, why not start with an Ta ampule and test all sorts of fuel compositions?
    Heat them up and apply different field configurations.

Wow, much anger on display here. Are you suffering from buyer's remorse?

Anger is not the right word here. Verbal aggression is right as long as you do not hate. I do not hate them I just want to shut the scammers down and stop them from stealing more money. I will be aggressive for this sake.

Since I havent sent them any money I dont know and I dont care how long it takes to ship... how about you save your bitching when they dont actually work.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

watch the video and let me know if you think Sean doesnt know whats he's talking about....umm kay

You were so convinced back then, you know... lol

No Ocubes have arrived yet.

Instead of talking about this Frank Acland prattles, babbles and wibbles, running of at the mouth on dozens of pages
    playing the megaphone for Steorn.

Is this his self-therapy to get over he was cheated out of 1200 € ?

@Jon Soderberg
    What is your explanation for this? Would you still like to defend your 'heros'?

Let us hear some of your ,MKay? ended sentences.

The OCube was expected last week. Where is it?