Majorana Member
  • Member since Jan 12th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Majorana

I think we are all making a mistake when communicating with Rossi.

He wants himself to be seen as a saviour. He wants attention, wants to be admired. He wants to present himself as a very important person.
    Our media todays allow him to do so. He has a professional website, like a person such as Elon Musk would have.
    He enjoys the state of looking like a "smart hero" who is developing the energy solution for all mankind in this time of despair.
    If we really want to see if there is something behind Rossi's claims, we have to stop giving him the attention he is longing for.

For this purpose, his devices are always in development and new ground-breaking ideas are constantly proclaimed. For him, it pays out more, in terms of "attention points".

He talks about next generation devices, while there aren't even the first generation devices out there. Fully aware, that
    10 years more or less can make the difference in the fight against the critical 2° warming of our climate.

Hence I would advice to stop showing news about the E-Cat. Do not visit the JONP website, nor the E-Cat website anymore.

We have a lot of openly and scientifically (as to the extent of their budget) working groups and people around here, who deserve this attention.
    Rossi should be ignored.

My honest opinion is that it is too early to start another experimental run. You should wait for the end of the test phase of the 1 MW E-Cat.
    There is quite a chance for more valuable data in the next months, which could give you a better starting point.

me356 are right.
    And They would not become Professors at their Universities without Publishing a number of papers. Which probably only are available today at libraries.
    Here's one more "recent" from Piantelli ;
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/s…cle/pii/S1043661897901894

Okay, then please tell me the university he is affiliated to.

I would like to call the librarians and ask for his papers.

Why in the world is it a pharmacological paper? Is he a physicist or isn't he?

You are right, there are just few publications available. Normally you can find tens - hundreds publications of any profesor today.
    But I guess that it is caused by their age. They studied long, long time ago. At this time, personal computers and even…

That is no explanation.

I can find hundreds of papers of Enrico Fermi online who already passed away 1954.

All old journals of physics were already digitized years ago and listed in the web of science

Piantelli has worked much later. Still there are no more publications. Why?

Where was / is he based at all? Which University was / is he affiliated to?

I think that Piantelli was the man behind Ni-H. Focardi just started collaboration with him few months later. Then few others joined as well.
    I am sure that Rossi was aware of their work before he met with Focardi. So he was sure that it worked already…

Okay, but even then, I can ask the same question.

I searched Web of Science for all publications of Francesco Piantelli but I could just find 3 publications.

Anomalous Heat Production in Ni-H Systems

Large excess heat production in Ni-H systems

Neutron emission in Ni-H systems

Can anyone point me to more publications? A professor of physics must have more than 3 publications?!

@Frederic
    You already gave the answer to yourself.So why do you ask?

Why do you think did Rossi only allow the testers to measure for one month?
    I tell you: He knew that this would be the time the isotope transmutations will last.

He did not want the testers to figure out too much therefore he
    restricted the measuring time so they could not measure the "burnout" process, but
    then Rossi made a mistake:

He gave a sample to the testers and thought they would just analyse the chemical composition (EDX).
    He did not think of the possibilty, that the testers could measure the mass spectrum of the sample.
    Probably, he did not know much about ion coupled mass spectrometry nor the existence of this method at all.
    Keep in mind he is a chemist/philosopher not a physicist.

In your calculation the multiplication with the number of months of a year is a mistake.

Now, please, lets not get off-topic any further.

I have a question.

Rossi has said many times, that Sergio Focardi, who he introduced to us as his professor of physics at the University of Bologna is the discoverer of the
    Ni-H reaction.

I can't find any scientific papers about nuclear physics or physics in general by Sergio Focardi.

Neither in the large italian journals nor in the international journals.

Can anyone point me to his papers? Because I am very interested in his work, which is described by Rossi as preluding the development of the E-Cat.

An 80 year old professor of physics, especially at the university of bologna, should have at least a 100 papers published.

One thing you could easily try with your current setup is to replace LiAlH4 with LiAlD4.

As to the question whether d+d fusion has been ignored until now:

No it has not. It is too hard to maintain in the plasma chambers of hot fusion reactors. That is why ITER and other demo reactors will work(if at all) by D+T- Reaction.

Invoking these reactions by acceleration does not work to generate energy because you will need more energy to accelerate than you get out of the reactions.

I don't know if this has been covered before but has Rossi made any statement whether the name
    of the customer will be revealed after the test?

I kind of wondered because a serious large company either confirming that the E-Cat works or denying
    it would either finally convince everyone or would put the matter to an end. Like his claims of a
    thermoelectric super-device were put to an end, after the companies declared that the devices are not working.

I can't imagine that Rossi will allow this to happen. His plan now is probably to let us forget about the E-Cat, like he let
    us forget about his thermoelectric generators and instead tell us that now the development of E-Cat X starts which will of course
    take a couple of years before it finally solves all energy problems. And then in a couple of years E-Cat Y and Z will follow.

Every time Rossi is actually in a situation in which he has to give his devices to an independent third party without being able to influence and
    restrict what they are allowed to measure,

suddenly he has the idea for a new device, and we won't hear him talking about what the third parties found out anymore.

Now, suddenly the Orbo is said not to be supplying power forever but just for an extended time. *lol*

If a serious company with an innovative product defying established knowledge of physics was honest they would allow for payment on delivery,
    and not requiring a bank transfer in advance and then saying shipping is in 6-12 weeks, because that is the perfect method to steal money and escape before the first complaint arrives.

I am not religious but faithful. I wish for Peace and Health to all with good will, those who know and those who don't know the difference, to the latter I also wish understanding.

Actually, someone should inform the police and prosecution about these scammers.
    As it seems they are actually trying to start the sales of their "devices" now, if so, they should be caught before
    they will have sold enough and try to escape.

I hope irish police is already observing them. Anyway, I will inform police and prosecution.

Uberization, as you call it, is probably the big share of the indirect consequences.

The conservative calculations take into account current energy demand and assume that this will stay the same as now, even when LENR infrastructure is given.

But of course this is complete nonsense. As can be seen by the calculation, LENR devices will make extremely energy intensive applications economically feasible.

Water cleaning and desalination, heating and cooling at inhospitable places like northern canada, siberia, africa, south america, central australia/outback.

The transportation costs for the current(!) global logistics are of course taken into account within the 2 Trillion $ BUT as you already stated
    (almost) free energy will allow for much more transportation which will increase general availability of goods.

One thing that, I am quite sure, will not become cheaper but more expensive are rents. Cheaper transportation makes living outside of larger cities more attractive and also the world population growth will increase prices of course.