JAROVNAK Member
  • Male
  • from Hingham MA
  • Member since Jan 17th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by JAROVNAK

From Lugano report me356 thanks for your descriptions of new test set up. Think freq spectrum would be nice if you can swing it?

Can't seem to load Lugano picture of PCE 830 output for your review?

Lugano PCE 830 picture says a lot about EM environment of fuel tube as well as Sanjeevs plot of voltage across MFMP fuel tube from TRIAC supply.

Your TC & optical temperature measurements should answer questions proposed by Lugano criticl Thomas Clarke Jim

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ;)

I take back my congratulations. MFMP is back to its usual stunts. Squint hard enough and you just might coax some useless settings out of the youtube video. It's a shame to admit the test is being done in California. One would expect more from the high tech capital of the world.

Going to bed will try and to locate individual utube videos tomorrow. Totally agree four crowded graphs on one video doesn't work. Big disappointment!

That's some more supporting evidence that the heat came from inside. (IMO)

The TC could not detect it, may be because it was placed at some good distance from the spot, and so the power could not be cut off quickly until it was too late. The only solution I could think of is to increase the mass and length of the steel tube (container) and devise a way of detecting if its about to melt, which can then trigger an emergency power cut off.

Since we can't place a TC inside the core (it will fail before such high temperature is reached), we need other ways to detect it. One way is to monitor the resistance of the steel container by sending a small current through it, and if the current falls too low (indicating resistance increase at high temp), it can trigger a relay etc to cut off the power.
    Other way is to put a fuse that breaks at a certain high temperature.

Denis I still think you have a control/process problem in a high nonlinearity area. When you bump into LENR its like lighting a match. The decay times in these isotopes delivering energy are on the order of seconds. Look Rossi is able to run in the self sustaining mode now for long periods of time. This means the controller has no effect on his process at that point & probably before. This is a very sudden high gain area you are entering. You couldn't reach 1200 set point because LENR was active below it. So you slowly come up to the ignition temperature of LENR & when you try & go above it the match goes off so to say. Temperature is thrown above setpoint & controller attempts to shutdown; if ignition point is below set point say 950 C so you probably wont go much lower if any. Thats why I think controller was acting as it did; what are your thoughts? The ignition point is probably self regulating with a very tight large gain ie you can shut power off without affecting temperature much around say 950 C but when controller is full out put you could more than double fuel element temperature & I don't think that would have much effect on self regulating LENR Fire? Could you send me you email address I'd like to try these ideas with you, Sergie & me356 as I admire your efforts & wish I were young again. I ounce worked on the Nuclear Rocket which would have put us on Elon Musk's Mars but the Vietnam War intervened & what a tragedy that was? the themal time constants of the system radiation heat transfer, vaporization & condensation of hydride, & controller tuning are working in the minutes area to filter things.
    Jim

PS I've thought a little more about themal system steady state temperature versus power current from controller. As you rise in power temperature follows until you get to LENR ingnition point them it jumps up quit a bit on the way back down power can go to zero ( Rossi ssm) and you will still be at ignition temp which could be below set point, This is a sharp S shaped curve of very high gain that controller can' handle stabily! Just think about it for a while & get back to me when you have a minute.
    [email protected] I' try & copy this to Sergie & me 356. ;)

This year ARPAe first put a hint in their solicitation that they would fund LENR with an example they gave for a hypothetical project that was classified as chemical-nuclear. Then a few weeks later Mod3 of the application rescinded that example. They did not say explicitly that it would not be funded either.

Hope MFMP plans isotope analysis of me356 fuel for help on ascertaining if The New Fire was present in tests?

Here is last shot from the working reactor.
    I turned light off as there was no reason to observe it anymore (from my point of view).
    It is quite far from my office so I decided to turn light off and close the door (and go to bed).
    Pressure was still around 0.5 - 0.8bar. Or atmospheric if meter failed.

Nice blinking camera shot, you certainly don't miss much! Jim

I don't think the crowd was inflammatory just trying to be helpful. A lot can be obtained from step responses down then recovered over areas of operation that have worked & for brief 10 or 20 minute periods. Too conservative with long thermal soaks, this process operates on a short time constant less than ten minutes as I see it. We should be to able ramp this "New Fire" up & down quite readily! I agree with me356 no need for the high temperatures that challenge equipment. Me356 showed perfect control of the process in manual & under automatic control, what we need now is an investigation of the isotope presence in the fuel to really put a nail in what happened yesterday. Could it be that the New Fire is present & we can't see it?

Think me356 has had a bout with The New Fire, but time will tell! ;) I think his last test also showed presence of nuclear generated heat just by looking at process time constants during test & shutdowns. Will try to look at yesterdays shutdown shortly.
    Jim

I am now 80% convinced that there was excess heat but it was not possible to measure it as the reaction is happening in a different place always.
    Thermocouple was not mounted exactly at the center of the reactor.

From the previous run there was similar scenario where the fuel container looked like it was partially melted (only 1/3). So the temperature was significantly higher there too.
    If there was excess heat then it mean that there was used fuel from the first run and it worked - same as Parkhomov reported.

So for the future it will be better to get at least good pyrometer or to make calorimetry test or to place more thermocouples around the reactor or to use materials that are conducting heat much better.

I also thought you had something generating additional heat in your last run by just observing the extended time constants in the thermal shutdown profile. I think I am more than 80% sure we have witnessed the presence of "The New Fire" in your work! Great job I really had fun watching the last experiment & being able to comment on your manual & automatic control moves as well as the thermal response I observed. In my working career which ended about 10 years ago I have simulated the dynamics of fossil, nuclear & petrochemical plants including Nuclear Rockets ;) & compared result with test data as well as tuned controllers & to me I think I could see "The New Fire" in your results Great job me 356 had great fun yesterday & tried to get Andrea Rossi involved also but he has some restrictions! The process is pretty straight forward & a simple themal model with the radiant heat transfer & themal masses could easily be constructed to follow your temperature curves with a predicted value & and attribute large deviations to LENR action.

Volume of dead space was roughly estimated to 600mm^3 or 0.6ml without manometer itself. So it could be even around 1ml.

My alumina cement was rated for 1500°C while ceramic tube for 1800°C. Melting point is surely higher so temperature there was quite high.

Well at about 5 amps at 320 volts rms, thats about 1.1 watts at around 1000 C or about the equivalent of a household toaster with probably less mass, IMHO the response time is about a 4 minute time constant in the resulting graphs above so something else seems to be powering the fuel element as well as TRIAC input & just maybe we are seeing the New Fire or LENR in the system dynamics. The heat of vaporization or condensation of the LiAlH4 would not add much to that time constant is my guess. Let see if there are any other post test results calculated out!
    ^^

OK it seems that my reactor was leaky in second and maybe in first fueled test.
    At this time I am improving sealing of the tube and embedding pressure meter so then we can be sure what is happening.
    Also new fuel mixture will be loaded.

From chat sesson at endme356 00:32:37
    artefact: yes, but excess heat was noticeable from 500°C

Also do you know what themal sysstem time constant is below 500C, thought I remember you saying ounce it was about 30 seconds. If so then 4minute time constant at 1000 C today indicates presents of LENR decay time also roughly 3.5 minutes would be my guess?