Posts by Shane D.

What's up to discuss?

Are you serious? Gosh, we can discuss his SK puppet show video going viral, and his research paper being read by over 20,000 people! Everyone on JONP is talking about it, so it must be a big deal.

Then there is the upcoming electrical test, and teflon being used in the Ecats (or did he mean he is made out of teflon?).

IO,

I am curious to know more about IH (the organization) also. I have asked Dewey about that, but he ignored me. What we do know already though, is comforting. Basically an investment group led by Darden, with Dewey playing the intermediary with some of the old guard under their umbrella; i.e. Hagelstein, Claytor, Miley, Cravens, Letts are a few.

As Jed mentioned; they have presented at almost all LENR events. Probably not with their best stuff, but to this layman it all looks good. Their valuation increased 357% last year, but I do not know if that was a result of some major LENR breakthrough on their part, or just a new investor willing to pay more? As Ahlfors has shown; they have a very impressive group of savvy investors (the latest being Steve Jobs widow), and hopefully they got involved based on the former (breakthrough). Dewey sure was in a good mood before he disappeared, if that means anything.

Not sure how the compensation, and expenses among the team are handled. One time buy out/salaried? In the court documents the compensation varied greatly from person to person. Whatever the arrangement, they appear to be loyal...so if they are happy, I am happy.

The court records showed IH had a lab near the RDU (Raleigh-Durham) airport during the Rossi years. I believe that was shut down. No need for one I guess, when your team already has their own, and been at it for decades.

They did it to themselves. How hard would it have been to get valid opinions about Rossi and IH's venture with him? Other wealthy investors and companies knew all about Rossi starting in 2011 and avoided investing with him. Woodford got suckered. And it's just an opinion but I doubt that Brillouin, also an IH investment, will be any better. And how many other speculative and likely fruitless extreme propositions did they accept without proper vetting? Rossi and IH can't be the only ones.

Isn't it a bit premature to say Woodford's investment in IH is a failure? Just last year IH's valuation increased by 357%, which was a major boost to Woodford. Here is a quote:

"Woodford Patient Capital Trust PLC (LON:WPCT) has received a major boost from the performance of Industrial Heat, one of its unlisted investments."

Granted, they have not sold any shares yet, so the success, or not, of their initial IH investment has yet to be determined.

Yes, he has a few things wrong. And even though Rossi is not named, he should include his reprehensible behavior at Doral, slight of hand at Stockholm, and show the SK puppet video so his students can make an informed decision. Other than that, he provides a good summary of LENR.

More relevant perhaps of the things we can change short-term is the methane component of the greenhouse effect.

Methane from ruminants (cows etc) represents around 20% of the total emission budget. Methane has an occupancy time in the atmosphere of around 10 years, with the main sink being atmospheric conversion to CO2 and H2O. It gives us 25% of man-made warming

So, for example, if we all ate 50% less meat and dairy products, and therefore farmed 50% less cows, this would within 10 years have a significant negative effect on the levels of warming.

That may work, but there are also studies that show grazing animals not confined in an enclosed area, contribute to carbon sequestration, by breaking up the soil. That makes it more fertile for beneficial microorganisms. Just another example of natures fine balance, and the risk mankind takes on when trying to intervene.

That said, we will know soon if reducing cow populations will have an effect on climate....anyone try one of those "Impossible Burgers"? Seriously, those things taste great. Who needs burgers? Yes, I know they are expensive, but it won't be long before competition, and production drives the cost down to a competitive level. They do give me gas though, so are we replacing one methane source with another? :)

Ragheb mentions Woodford in his recent LENr update.

https://mragheb.com/Possibilit…0Matter,%20A%20Review.pdf

He may heard his stuff on the academic grapevine.

Nice find RB, and a great updated (May 2019) LENR roundup by Prof. Ragheb, of the LENR friendly University of Illinois. I was worried about him after Fred/MY formally complained to the university a few years back. Looks like he not only survived the attack on his integrity, but never backed down, and may have actually doubled down. LENR is filled with these kind of survivors. That is one of the reasons I like it so.

This one goes to the library. Good read.

Watch out all other LENR companies - looks like Clean Planet are about to clean the floor with their competition - or is it just more hype from Yoshino's media factory?

The Japanese look as if they are in the lead, but some over at BLP think they are only at the level Mills was during his Thermacore days. That what they are seeing are actually Hydrino reactions, and won't progress much further because they are working under the assumption it is LENR.

For anything Hydrogen, you can compare to Alan and Martin's Ecalox LTD Hydrogen Mine (The Symposium was cx I believe):

The new topic at the symposium regards a revolutionary new hydrogen source, developed by the company Ecalox of which Smith is the co-founder. Ecalox has developed a carbon-free and environmentally friendly process for recycling aluminium cans, producing aluminium oxide, and yielding large amounts of hydrogen without any net input of energy.

Burning hydrogen releases only pure water, and the many benefits of the ‘hydrogen economy’ have been touted for decades, but it remains elusive. Both hydrogen vehicles and hydrogen fuel cells are sometimes deployed, but the lack of a low-cost hydrogen supply has limited their use to too few subsidized and often short-lived projects. This is because there is a chicken-and-egg problem—too few users mean no availability of cheap hydrogen, and expensive hydrogen means there is no incentive to grow a market for technologies that use it.

Now, after years of investigation and laboratory experiments, a new process called the Hydrogen Mine has been developed—bench testing of small systems is approaching completion and a pilot plant is at the design stage. The process, which is carbon-free, immediately profitable, environmentally friendly, and has no net consumption of energy uses aluminium cans as a raw material. In this way, it also solves a worldwide hushed-up issue with aluminium recycling and creates a real alternative for those communities currently dumping them.

As with many other materials that are recycled, the official statistics for aluminium recycling have poor consistency with reality. While statistically up to 50% or even 60% of all beverage cans may be collected, even in ‘best practice’ countries at least 40% of all cans end up in regulated or unregulated landfills, and most of the rest end up in long-term storage, and may be exported or dumped at some later date. The real recycling rate globally is nearer to 15%.

The reasons for this are many, ranging from long distance road haulage of cans not being cost-efficient, to highly toxic fume emissions from small-scale local recycling smelters, and low value of the recycled metal because of carbon and other contaminants.

In contrast, the Hydrogen Mine process solves the recycling problem, while also producing hydrogen, tapping into an estimated global stockpile of crushed cans between 3 and 5 million tons. It uses a proprietary aluminum oxidation catalyst, water, shredded cans, and nothing else—no acids, no solvents, nothing toxic—and produces high-grade aluminum oxide and pure hydrogen.

The production of aluminium oxide—or aloxite—is another advantage. Aloxite is used in many industries, and every ton produced in a traditional way releases 8 tons of CO2, 3 tons of ‘red mud’, which is basically a contaminated waste product and thousands of gallons of polluted water. It also pretty much destroys a few square meters of (usually) virgin land.

The Hydrogen Mine has none of these side effects, and it is readily scalable up to a continuous hydrogen energy output of 5MW.

The Woodford troubles the past few days are related to his poor performance as a fund manager. This is separate from his earlier, and now resolved dispute about offshoring IH shares. All is good in LENR land...at least for the time being.

Thanks to ECW for the heads up. Important comments put in bold:

https://www.cleanplanet.co.jp/…ssRelease_20190515_EN.pdf

Miura Co., Ltd., Japan’s leading boiler manufacturer, has subscribed to newly issued shares
    of Clean Planet Inc., in Tokyo, through a third-party allotment of new shares on May 15,
    The Miura Group has developed, manufactured, and marketed a range of products in the
    heat, water, and environment fields throughout the world since 1959. It continues to develop
    unique products and services that are energy-efficient and effective in environment-related
    fields, in order to realize its corporate mission of “contributing to creating a society that is
    environmentally friendly and ways of living that are clean and comfortable through our work
    in the field of the Energy, Water, and Environment”. The Miura Group will now collaborate
    with Clean Planet to implement the clean energy technologies which Clean Planet has
    developed with Tohoku University, toward realizing a decarbonized society.

Clean Planet’s "New Hydrogen Energy" will benefit
    all aspects of life and industry of the global community
    Inquiries:

Clean Planet is a venture company that undertakes R&D into new forms of clean energy
    that are "safe, stable, and low-cost" in order to create novel innovations in the energy
    industry for social infrastructure. Clean Planet’s research lab is located at the "Condensed
    Matter Nuclear Reaction Division" within the Research Center for Electron Photon Science at
    Tohoku University. The research lab was founded jointly with the university in 2015. The
    company is working on the development of "New Hydrogen Energy" which gives enormous
    energy output per hydrogen unit compared with conventional hydrogen energy. The heat
    source developed by Clean Planet has now nearly reached the point of practical use as a
    next-generation clean energy source.
    The company will continue to work on realizing
    sustainable social infrastructure by distributing "New Hydrogen Energy" globally as a new
    type of clean energy for a CO2-free world.

Miura Co., Ltd. Company Profile
    Representative : Daisuke Miyauchi, President and CEO
    Head Office : 7 Horie, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan
    Establishment : May 1959
    Capital : ¥9.544 billion (as of March 31, 2019)
    Number of Employees : 5,690 (consolidated), 3,090 (non-consolidated) (as of March 2019)
    Business Areas : Production, sale, and maintenance of boilers and related devices
    Website URL : http://www.miuraz.co.jp/en/

Clean Planet Inc. Company Profile
    Representative : Hideki Yoshino, President and CEO
    Head Office : 1-2-3 Kaigan, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Establishment : September 2012
    Capital : ¥704.1 million [plus, Capital Surplus of ¥598.6 million] (as of May 15, 2019)
    Number of Employees : 5 (as of May 2019)
    Business Areas : Research, development, and sales of products utilizing clean energy technologies
    Website URL : https://www.cleanplanet.co.jp/en/