Posts by Shane D.

https://www.realclearpolitics.…ded_lockdowns_143302.html

Very well written article of how irresponsible media created COVID panic through outrageously misleading, and deceptive reporting. Politicians capitalized and amplified the panic to gain control. Then social media did their part to maintain the fear narrative through censorship, and suppression of positive news.

Shows the synergistic relationship between media/politicians/social media. Not that that is any surprise to most of us, but the pandemic has provided many clear examples as proof, as you will see in the article.

Good read.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/a…at-covid-19/#66a4d5de21ab

"The French government has banned the prescription of hydroxychloroquine to treat symptoms of Covid-19 due to serious concerns over health risks.

The French health minister Olivier Véran asked the French High Council for Public Health (HCSP) to look into the drug to see if any recommendations should be changed.

After they reported that the drug shouldn’t be given, except in clinical trials, the French government revoked the right for hospitals to use hydroxychloroquine, even to patients who were gravely ill.

Le Monde announced Wednesday that the The Medicines Agency (ANSM) had also "initiated" the procedure to suspend clinical trials “as a precaution” which evaluated the role of hydroxychloroquine in patients with Covid-19."

Interesting, seven states account for 67% of the US fatalities..... there leadership MUST be blithering idiots! Not a single track or trace and look at the fatalities!

Wait... they are not idiots, they are members of the liberal elite, so they are surely do not deserve any criticism at all!

According to the highly respected Pew Research Center, it appears the virus has a preference for US citizens with "blue-blood" running through their politics: https://www.pewresearch.org/fa…-congressional-districts/

"as of last week, nearly a quarter of all the deaths in the United States attributed to the coronavirus have been in just 12 congressional districts – all located in New York City and represented by Democrats in Congress. Of the more than 92,000 Americans who had died of COVID-19 as of May 20 (the date that the data in this analysis was collected), nearly 75,000 were in Democratic congressional districts."

don't you think POTUS advising people to drink bleach might have expedited it?

I mixed you up. I said "pool cleaner", when it should have been "fish tank cleaner", leading you to think I was talking about the "bleach story". So to be clear, we have two Trump inspired stories in the BBC piece:

Wanda and her husband drank fish tank cleaner...all because of Trump. In reality, Wanda poisoned, and probably murdered Gary.

Then, according to the BBC article; another man ate disinfectant soap, sending him to the ER, after Trump talked about ingesting bleach.

. Hundreds of thousands of people are dying because Trump, Gov. Kemp and Bolsonaro are blithering idiots. This could have been prevented.

That would sound less partisan, if you added New York's Governor Cuomo, and New Jersey's Murphy to the list. Their states account for the bulk of the US deaths, and much of that resulted from their ill advised decision to send infected elderly patients to nursing homes. Many other bad moves on their part, that even the doting media is having a hard time sweeping under the rug.

FTR; the couple (Gary and Wanda) in the article who drank pool cleaner...supposedly because Trump touted HCQ, has a little twist the BBC seems to have missed. Gary the engineer died of course, and poor innocent Wanda was hospitalized and suffered terribly "all because of Trump".

But a few weeks later, the police opened a murder investigation on Wanda for poisoning Gary. It also turns out Wanda was a left wing activist, and what better way to cover a murder than blame it on Trump?

So at least on this one big part of their story, the BBC was right...misinformation has been a big problem during the pandemic.

Here is an excellent analysis of the death rate in the U.S., based on stats from New York. This covers a variety of topics such as age, comorbidity, and herd immunity.

https://www.worldometers.info/…s/coronavirus-death-rate/

Conclusion:

Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) = Deaths / Cases = 23,430 / 1,694,781 = 1.4% (1.4% of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 have a fatal outcome, while 98.6% recover).

I believe that 1.4% IFR only applies to New York, which is one of the hardest hit areas in the world. Everywhere else, the IFR is lower, and in most cases much lower. The latest CDC "Symptomatic Case Fatality Rate (SCFR)" for the US is .4%. If they (CDC) would have included the ~35% asymptomatic cases they excluded for some reason I do not understand, it would be an IFR (not a SCFR) of .26%, as noted by Navid, and THH.

That CDC IFR of .26%, is in line with the latest studies, which are falling within the range of IFR 0.2 - 0.4 worldwide. Of course, if broken down by age group, the IFR is much higher for those >65.

IMO, there has been some confusion created by the various terms used by Epidemiolgists since the beginning. They seemed to have taken notice, and simplified the issue by settling on IFR/CFR, so those relying on their data could compare apples to apples. That is why I am scratching my head over the CDC's using this SCFR.

By this September 2020, testing of finalist proto-types will begin. (that's the pre-Covid schedule)

https://globalcoolingprize.org/

Have to agree with Alan S on this. Nice to have a more energy efficient ac system, but it's not going to save the planet. The award name makes it sound like a competition to cool the planet, not the inside of a home. If they really want to make a difference, there is passive technology available *NOW* that could actually get us started towards cooling the planet.

There are all kinds of new radiant heat barrier products, cool siding paints, cool roofs, cool roof paints, cool pavements, and even cool(er) streets. Combined, they could cool down the "urban heat islands" thermostats, and have a huge overall impact on the temps across a region. Just putting reflective paint on ever rooftop alone, would make a big difference. Seems like a no-brainer...especially in warmer climates, yet most new roofs I see being installed, are still dark colored.

Lots of off-the-shelf ideas, products available right now to start fighting back if we wanted to. Each is relatively cheap, easy to do, and better yet... it would save property owners money on their energy bills. So why have we not started doing all these things?

So let's look at the pudding: about 100,000 deaths from mid March to end of May and the rate is constant or rising at around 2500 per day with the country reasonable well locked down for two months. Now we are opening it. WTF do you think will happen? Have faith in people to be careful? Enjoyt these videos of how careful they were being today in Ozark, Missouri

I am not sure "WTF will happen", but I am optimistic. I have been from the beginning, and you have not. I guess we should call ourselves the team of hope and despair. Me hope, and you despair. So far, who do you think has been more on the mark...you, or me?

https://justthenews.com/politi…-already-have-some-degree

This important new paper linked to in the article, may answer the question of why so many people who are directly, and repeatedly exposed to COVID, do not get sick:

"researchers in California, New York and North Carolina and soon to be published in the journal Cell,discovered that certain types of cells in blood samples taken from donors in 2015-2018—well before COVID-19 arose—were reactive against the COVID-19 virus. In other words, those blood samples were at least partially immune from the coronavirus even though they had never been exposed to it.

"CD4+ T cell responses were detected in 40-60% of unexposed individuals. This may be reflective of some degree of crossreactive, preexisting immunity to SARS- CoV-2 in some, but not all, individuals," the researchers state in the paper."

Anyone know anything about Dick Samson of the EraNova Institute, and if has the gravitas to attract green investors into LENR? With the exception of Aureon Energy (Safire), Google, NASA, and Duncan (Seashore Research), I think everyone else in the field needs more money. If he can make it happen, then

more power to him,

In the article he says: "EraNova Institute is developing action information on this and other world-changing opportunities. Contact us with questions or comments." So, for those here trying to attract funding, it might be worth a try contacting him.

As the saying goes: "those that make the rules, break the rules", or "do as I say, not as I do. We had a number of such incidents here in the states, where politicians, bureaucrats, and some celebrities decided the restrictions were for the little people..not them.

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten…101/2020.05.18.20102509v1

salt as prophylactic for COVID?

The point is, there are so many different possible interactions that we still just don't know which of these many potential biochemical effects might be of therapeutic benefit.

Whether talking about salt, or HCQ, I think the point is to let medicine sort it all out, and keep the media from sensationalizing the issue for their political and ratings purposes, and let doctors do their job. If you have been reading the links, you might notice in the past few weeks a number of US doctors have had enough of this campaign to demonize HCQ, and are starting to forcefully push back...as they should be.

It is not the job of media, and politicians to practice medicine, but they decided to do just that. And very possibly bad medicine at that...if HCQ is found beneficial. Of course, if/when that happens, they do not have to worry about the consequences of their malpractice, as do doctors. No, they can just walk away, wash their hands of it, and no one will hold them accountable. On the the next hype du jour.

Did you notice, that in some of today's stories hospitals are saying they can no longer get enough volunteers for these studies? The patients are scared silly over the "risks" of what the medical establishment and W.H.O., have classified as a safe drug for decades. The media has done such a good job of sabotaging the scientific process through their fear and intimidation campaign, it may take much longer here in the US to run the studies to determine HCQ's merits.

In the meantime, we may have to rely on doctors from other countries, many of them 3rd world, to tell us if it works, or not. This is just Nuts!