Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

You are King for the next 6 months. King of the world. Whatever you say goes. You have been dealing with the COVID for 3 months now:

Your counsel of medical experts, is recommending months more of social distancing...or however long it takes until the virus is no longer a threat. They estimate *possibly* up to several million deaths world-wide will result, if your shut-down order is lifted too soon.

Your economic counsel is advising you the world will soon be, if not already, in recession, followed by a depression. There will be mass unemployment, industries permanently shut-down, many others so weakened they will be flirting with bankruptcy for years to come. Your Federal Reserve will have to print trillions more; weakening the financial system even more. The longer it takes, the worse it will be.

Your Homeland Security team is warning that if this keeps up much longer, they anticipate riots, social unrest, increased crimes, murders, and general mayhem.

Your counsel of mental health experts, is advising you that there will be a tremendous price to pay in lives lost, and mental health issues resulting from the disruption, and lowered living standards brought on by the economic depression, and social isolation policies.

Then there is the media hounding your every move. Like Chihuahuas constantly nipping at your ankles. They have turned this into a political assault on your leadership. Shaping/framing/distorting and hyping stories, with misleading/false headlines, designed to turn the people against you, so you lose the next election.

So King, what do you do? Who's advice do you follow? How do you lead your people out of this?

Even in the more developed countries, Doctors on the front lines are ahead of the controlled studies. Priority one; save the patient with what works best, and then if it was not the normal standard protocol, follow up with the data, data, and then more data.

That said, describing the outcomes as "profound", with nothing else to add, may have more to do with the title of author they quoted:

Supreme Council of Health chairman Lieutenant-General Dr Shaikh Mohamed Abdullah Al Khalifa.

:)

It works in Bahrain:

https://www.thestar.com.my/new…chloroquine-for-treatment

"Bahrain has already successfully used the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine that President Trump has touted as a possible treatment for the coronavirus – as researchers race to find a vaccine.

The Kingdom of Bahrain's Supreme Council of Health chairman recently said his country was among the first to use the drug and that its impact has been "profound," according to the Bahrain News Agency."

This is weird talk. The only reason to push the scientists aside is if you are trying to cover up the expected number of deaths.

Because they are involved with the stats, studies, projections, graphs, research, etc. They are part of the process in evaluating the threat, and strategy to resolve. Maybe I should not have mentioned scientists in there, as you took it wrong?

If so, I hereby offer my apologies. When I wrote the post, I had not a thought it would be interpreted as derogatory.

That is not meant literally! It is an engineer saying mentioned here a few times, that I applied to this virus situation. It is not meant to disparage engineers, or doctors/scientists, or wish them harm.

The meaning is that; just as an engineer will never want to stop tinkering to make something better, same goes for doctors/scientists wanting this shut-it-down-strategy to stay in place for much too long. Leave it up to them, and we could be shut down for months. By then the economy will be totally tanked, and with that comes all kinds of nasty things that far outweigh the nasty things we are experiencing now.

So, as with the engineers, and getting the product to market, at some point you just have to push the scientists/doctors aside, and get on with it.

A few of our engineers here passed along a saying: "time to shoot the engineers, and get the product to market". Same with this virus; at some point we have to shoot the doctors/scientists, and get the economy rolling again. If left up to them, we will be back to being hunter-gatherers, and subsistence farmers, before they say it is OK to get back to work.

Please. Yes, understandably some of the Mizuno replicators are frustrated. They put much work, and time into their own attempts, and feel that maybe something was not told them. That only partial instructions were given out. That Mizuno is hiding something from them, keeping the secrets that make his R20 work to himself. As a result of all this, they were sent on a wild goose chase...wasting their time, and money. Similar to what Rossi did, and is doing; for those who still believe he has something

I can say that is not true. Mizuno does have a company, and is being given assistance by a major corporation. He has helped at least two other groups that I know of, try to replicate the technology he hopes to one day commercialize. Both those groups were able to replicate. At least one European team failed -twice, and is now working directly with Mizuno for another attempt.

Those are not the actions of someone willfully trying to mislead. As Jed has mentioned many times; LENR is not easy. It seldom works, and when it does, it is difficult to duplicate. This is not anything new, as many researchers have been down this road before. They see something extraordinary, get excited and yell eureka! , only to be embarrassed, or frustrated when their colleagues are unsuccessful, or only partially successful, in replicating.

It is to Mizuno/Rothwell/Business Manager's credit that they did get this out when they did. It was a remarkable result, and they wanted to get it out to the community ASAP. Again, that is not the action of someone with bad intent. We have had 3 successful replications so far. Mizuno is working as fast as his health allows to make sure there are more to follow. Unfortunately, he can not work directly with everyone.

Everyone please be patient. We the staff, and Rothwell will pass along whatever we can. And in the meantime, ignore Ascoli65 's . He sees this frustration as another opportunity to seed distrust, and create a rift in the community. Do not fall for it.

Boris tried and failed under internal and external pressure

I am as interested in how they (Sweden) are able to resist the intense pressure from the western media to conform, as to how they fare with the virus compared to others.

And BTW; Boris got a boost from Oxford College today. If I read it right, they claim millions were already exposed without knowing it, thereby inoculated (herd immunity) before the first case surfaced.

Here is more about this story. Some of you may choke on the headline, but it is a comprehensive coverage of the good doctor from NY, and more. He may be single handedly stamping out a New York Orthodox Jewish hotspot, all by use of HCQ/Azithroymicin/Zinc:

https://forward.com/news/natio…chloroquine-trump-doctor/

Italy is largely geographically isolated by sea and mountain s to the North, not that different to Korea. Massive uncontained outbreak there.

I do not think the "Hug a Chinese" campaign helped matters. Good gesture, but probably helped spread it in the vital early stages.

That is only partly true. They did know of it, and tried to hide it. However they succeeded in containment. They told the W.H.O. other countries all about how they contained it, and offered help. Only Korea and Japan paid attention. The Japanese doctors say they learned many lessons and many practical techniques from their Chinese colleagues. If the U.S. and the EU had paid attention, we would have contained it. There is no question these techniques work. It cannot be a coincidence that three large countries have only 50 to 100 cases a day, no pressure on their hospitals, and practically no deaths. This is containment.

The Chinese government has been evil, but the medical establishment and the scientists have performed magnificently. Plus, we must give credit to the political leaders for handing over control to the medical establishment, mobilizing resources, building hospitals overnight, and moving army medics and others into Wuhan.

For the most part I agree. We have to separate the Chinese Medical establishment from their communist system, and judge them on their own merits. And it does appear they did a good job. Early on they tried to get the word out to the world on the true extent of the threat, and that may have cost some of them their lives. One through catching the virus himself, while some just disappeared.

Here is a good article showing how much the west, and Japan view their professionalism: https://www.statnews.com/2020/…rs-doctors-turn-to-china/

and an example of why we should not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The one reason I hesitate to fully agree with what you say, is because I am not sure the leaders "handed over control to the medical establishment". The communist party IS a part of that establishment, and there are still credible reports that the situation in Wuhan, and China overall, is still not being told truthfully. That is not the fault of those doctors who are not members of the China Communist Party, but still a good reminder that while they are good at what they do, they still have have to toe the communist party line.

Shane D. I'm wondering if there has been some suppression of epidemiological evidence which they must have since they began widespread use of favilavir and chloroquine especially since their delivery on Feb 20. (Check the decline of death rates after 20 Feb on worldometer graph for China alone). No clinical reports since is surprising, they must have accumulated a lot of test data since then. Or maybe anarchy set in and people ignored the government and managed to self medicate anyway so the data was lost. Unlikely.

They are still suppressing. Read a good article on it last night. Was going to post it this morning, now can't find it. Not trying too hard though. Was linked to in either RealClearScience, RCInvestigations, of RCHealth. The "RealClear" site has been my go to for all kinds of information. They do their own balanced reporting, and pull articles with the most unique perspectives from all over the world.

https://warontherocks.com/2020…ould-be-in-the-trillions/

China clearly violated the 2005 International Health Regulations they were a party to. They can, and will refuse to pay up under International Law, thereby freeing other countries to seek "self-help", with "few limitations".

Very good article, and I can not think of a more just, nor cruel punishment on a communist regime, than to unleash our lawyers on them. Good luck Jinping...you are going to need it.

Axil,

Interesting story, but It was the Daily Mail that first made the connection between Hydroxychloroquine, and the fish tank cleaner 3 days ago:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/he…tested-COVID-19-drug.html

Although one of their typical political hit pieces, I do give them credit for at least warning readers: "Sellers of the fish tank product warn it is not for human consumption".

Now think about it; this bright idea to drink a cleaning product was the wife's. The husband is dead, while she is still alive...although she claims to have gotten sick also. Although not too sick to talk to the news, and make it a point to drag Trump into this. What does that tell you?

Tells me, either this story is better suited for "True Detective" magazine (if that is still in print), and if not, is a candidate for this years Darwin Award.

Brave New World - none of this would have been necessary if the authorities had acted at the same time as China in mass distribution of anti-viral medicines. The total number of deaths curve in China begins to flatten out on 20 Feb just after chloroquine delivery from Pakistan.

We are 32 days later, and tomorrow New York Doctors have been given official approval to start with the Chloroquine. Not bad at all IMO, but since you were on this so early, and kept "banging the drum" as Deleo said..even taking a few arrows in the process, you are more than welcome to have your own opinion. :)

If the drug combo does not work though, I take that back.

Just talked with an ER doctor from New Orleans. She and her friend, are here isolating from family while they take a break. I asked her if they had started using the HydroxyChloroquine/z-pack, and she said that as of leaving N.O. 5 days ago, they were not. She was unfamiliar with the news on this, and asked me about what was going on. Asked a lot of good questions...at a distance of about 3 meters.

Said her department needed an official approval from the Department Head, or someone higher up, before incorporating the regimen into their "Standard of Care". She is heading back now, and was going to ask about this when checking back in. Felt that while she was away, they probably did start the combo, if it was being used elsewhere with success.

Said they were swamped with patients, and had opened 3 COVID sections in their ICU.

https://mbio.asm.org/content/11/2/e00398-20.long

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0…20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Both these articles show the world has kicked into high gear to find the drugs that will kill the virus. They probably represent a longer term solution (although the statins could be used right now I would think?), than the Chloroquine combos already actively being incorporated into treatment protocols. But it does give one hope, that with so many bright minds around the world totally committed to finding the solution, one or more will hit the jackpot.