Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

and Penon did not use the equipment he originally told IH he would use.

and what ever happened to the analysis of the instruments he promised to run after the testing?

There is probably a good reason Penon refused to be deposed in the US. He chose neutral Dominican Republic instead, where he met the Jones Day lawyers. I doubt the JD lawyers complained too much...party time. :)

Same goes for Fabiani...he suddenly decided Miami Beach sucked, and moved to Russia, where he was deposed via telelink, and interpreters.

You know, Doral was a hell of a story. So many interesting angles to it. You just have to hand it to Rossi. What moxie! He talked IH into shipping the container there under false pretenses (JMP, chemical company, products), hired a down and out retired engineer as his Chief Engineer with a ridiculously fake business card, got his real estate lawyer in on the scheme, brought in his old pals from the old country to assist, blocked IH from even entering their own 1MW plant, made up the heat exchanger story, sabotaged the equipment *after* both sides padlocked it for safe keeping. Deleted emails, corrupted data, made up data, and truly was upset because IH stopped him from getting a Nobel!

You can not make this stuff up. Maybe we can get Krivits to write a book about it? I am serious. He needs to stop wasting his time fighting against Hot Fusion.

Oh man, now this is getting complicated! Last week it was only going to be heat he was selling. Now heat/electricity, and with the Ecat mated to a turbine. Wow.

His admitting now the customer is his partner, may be an important revelation. If the partner is legitimate, this is looking more like a R/D. That would explain how he is getting away with doing this without certification.

Of course, this could all change by tomorrow.

And whilst on the topic (of stirring things up) what’s happened to Abd Lomax recently? He appears to have gone Missing In Action. No updates to CFC.net for almost two months.

Despite his numerous provocations towards me, I’ve always had a liking for the chap... I hope he’s OK, and not in hiding after featuring in Russ’s rumoured email leak about an alleged catch-and-kill conspiracy...

As LV said, he has another pot to stir for the moment. I was looking forward to his wrap-up of ICCF21, but he must have decided not to write it.

It has been possible to confute with certainty the claimed Ecat performances, thanks to the many side information that have been incautiously released on the web, in particular for the tests carried out in 2011. If the only information available had been limited to the reports and declarations from the experts of so-called third parties, it would have been only possible to raise suspicious about their results, but the authoritativeness of the academic testers would have eventually prevailed on any criticisms, as the last Ecat supporters are still trying to do (1-2).

For the older CF/LENR tests, the only documents available are the test reports, accompained by all the myths that have grown around them and their authors. So, it is a unique circumstance that the calorimetric claims of the two fathers of CF are still considered the best on record by the organizer of the most complete LENR library, and that these findings were "de facto" disproved by the results of replications made by another protagonist of CF, widely praised by the same librarian. You can't get more from this old stuff.

Ascoli,

Even as you head out for *another vacation* ;) , you cannot resist a parting shot at Rossi's early years, and Rothwell yet again. Shows you are fixated on both, and that is not healthy, nor supportive of your claim to be objective.

Rossi is now LENR history. He is an admittedly shameful chapter. For 3 years now, starting with the Marianne Macy "goodbye Rossi, do not let the door hit you in the arse on the way out" article in Infinite Energy Magazine, LENR has been trying to distance themselves from him. Yet it seems, your goal is to make sure they don't ever get past Rossi. To what end may I ask?

And I see that even the "older CF/LENR tests" as you say, are too encumbered with "myths that have grown around them and their authors" to motivate you to research. You admit you are too lazy (too tired you say) to present more than your two "calorimetric claims" as proof against. And BTW, those two tests are but a drop in the LENR bucket, as the history spans 100 years, and thousands of tests.

So it seems to me, that your problems with LENR consist of a snapshot of the history (Rossi), Rothwell, and two tests you claim support your view it is pseudoscience. Do you expect me to respect that?

You are forgetting that you are posting in a thread in which 7 out of 30 comments in its first page are from JR. He strongly influences the agenda of the public LENR debate, and he proposes all the most widespread narratives. He did it with the Ecat, first vehemently supporting its reality, and later harshly accusing Rossi of fraud. A socio-psychological phenomenon essentially coincides with its narratives. We could say that JR is the father of the LENR phenomenon, the real one.

Yep, it is a vendetta.

I have no time nor desire to review a patent application of 100+ page.

Ascoli,

You spent many, many hours researching Rossi's early experiments, and tracking Rothwell's every comment on Vortex, so as to build a case against both. You did all that research by yourself. You did not need to be taken by the hand to find it. You did not go ask the UOB profs where you should begin, what to look at, or point you in the right direction. Now though, that mission accomplished, and with your sights set on taking down LENR, you have gotten lazy. Now you need Rothwell to do all your work for you. Spoonfeed you what you will surely reject anyways.

I say the old adage "you can lead a horse to water, but you can not make him drink" applies. Go onto LENR-CANR yourself and dig in. Read everything in no particular order. Dedicate at least as much time there, as you did with the Rossi early years. The worse that could happen is that you start believing in this stuff...oh my! Or find that there has been some quality research, by quality researchers done, and being done, in the field.

So go on, do your homework and when done, come back and tell us what you found.

Sorry, but you have not been the official librarian of CF/LENR for nearly 3 decades. JR is a much more representative and informed figure in the field and has decided that Icarus 9 from F&P is the best experiment on record. Lipinski&Lipinski have to wait their turn

Seems like all your problems with LENR have to do with Rothwell? Early years first, now LENR in general. There is a difference between a skeptic, and being on a personal vendetta. So?

https://coldfusionnow.org/cfnpodcast/

As Alan pointed out on another thread, Ruby's (thank you) latest podcast features Dennis Craven. Craven works with IH's Dennis Letts now, and has worked with many of the old guard going back many years. He and Letts made a presentation at ICCF21. Some interesting comments from the interview:

The Pd-D gas "LT LENR Tubes" are pretty reliable. They generally run 5-7 Ws XH for days, but some have peaked at 10-20Ws for an hour.

When they run SEMs on them , they have the pits like Stringhams pictures, which he attributes to vacancies.

The use of dual lasers is tricky to coordinate, but when they were successful, they matched Hagelstein's theory, which made Hagelstein happy.

Has no theory, but Letts has workable mathematical model.

He can get a self sustaining/self powered (infinite COP) at very low mW's. (reminds me of Swartz), but the COP goes down, as the power levels go up. Looking to get 50W/gram Pd to make it viable.

Talked about Jim Patterson, the beads, and that story...which is interesting.

-

Adrian,

YW. Still though, the main point Jed, and most others are making, is that the government is heavily involved. Even if they do not do the testing, they, or their designee, have to sign off on it. That would apply to what Rossi plans to put on the market. So I have to agree with the consensus here that a legitimate customer, and real product are not in the cards.

That said, I have little doubt Rossi is prepping for something. Not sure what it is, or how it will turn out. Whether it will end the speculation, or be another big disappointment, but looking forward to when the show begins.

Adrian,

You are right. I mean't the FAA oversees every aspect of the aviation industry. Here and there, they do a little testing/study of their own, on things like crash dynamics, or bomb blast effects on airplane structures. Basically, they look over everyone's shoulders. For instance, pilots at any time can have an FAA check airman come aboard at the last second, and go along on the ride. They sit in the jumpseat, and literally look over your shoulder the whole flight. I have had as many as 12 of those "check flights" in a year. If you screw up, you can lose your license and forced to go back through training. Same goes for the maintenance crews. FAA can appear at a moments notice, and follow them around checking everything they do. At the main hangars they have field offices, and literally walk out their door and start inspecting.

Very astute of you to mention the oversees "outsourced" maintenance, as it is a source of friction few know about. I won't talk about Boeing/Airbus, and the manufacturing, but the major airlines -due their stronger unions, did much, or most maintenance heavy checks (Check C/D) in house. These are basically tear downs of the whole frame. Very expensive, but much less so overseas. When I was flying, Central America was where most of those facilities were located. The smaller carriers, or non-union outsourced most, or all of their C/Ds there.

One of the reasons outsourced maintenance is cheaper, is because of less oversight. Yes, the FAA is authorized to fly down there anytime they want and pester them, but they seldom do. It's a lot easier sitting in an air conditioned office in the AA Tulsa super maintenance hangar, being a PITA to the AA staff, than flying down there, staying in a crappy hotel, and trying to understand non-English speaking A&P's. In addition, many of the inspectors will tell you privately, they are not very welcome down there at times. So they take the path of least resistance.

Airlines, and their unions, are always actively encouraging the FAA to be as aggressive with the overseas facilities, as they are with them. Doing so they felt, would help level the playing field, and bring more jobs back home.

We have renamed the thread as you can see. It had already become a de facto library already, so this makes it official. It is not intended to replace LENR-CANR, but supplement it. If you have something of interest, please feel free to place it here, and also under the appropriate thread where it can be discussed. That way we can keep news and videos of historical importance from being forgotten.