Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

My question would be is where is the "there" and how will be know we are there? Where are the goal posts?

OG,

Very good question. You are on the inside looking out, as you do the work, and attend the conferences. What do you think?

I know the old guard has tried to define the goal posts, and what the means to getting there should be. It seems to me none has gained any traction though. Abd I think, was commissioned to create some guidelines. The field IMO, seems to be drifting around without any clear consensus as to how move forward in a coordinated way.

This topic is important, so If there is some interest I will start a dedicated thread.

Shane D.

I don't understand why you give positive attention to this unpleasant person with a highly improbable story but you seem to reject my equally reasonable flying pigs. There is at least as much evidence for them as there is for LeClair's having ever been exposed to radiation... and don't forget, he claims it was deliberately done by the U. S. Navy Research Laboratory (US-NRL)!!!! Don't you get it? There is no secret to go to the grave. There is nothing but a non-credible claim. And while anything "could be true," the chance that LeClair's story about NRL is true is about the same as the chance that the flying pigs or Rossi's claims are true.

SOT,

I said he was strange, volatile, and that his radiation story was interesting, but unproven. And you say that is "positive attention". I disagree.

And a secret heading to the grave can be good or bad. In this case, it could be that he made it up, or it happened. Like I said, it would be nice to know for sure. You are certain it did not happen, so just ignore this thread.

There is much more along the same vein. Just Google Nanospire and LENR. Or LeClair and LENR. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. Hopefully they won't be that this is one of the "better stories" in LENR history.

SOT,

Yes, I know the background. I have been following LeClair, and commenting on Nanospire 5 years now. He can be a little strange, and volatile, but then again, he is a legitimate businessman. He also worked with the Navy and has some serious patents to his name.

The radiation sickness story, will remain a story until proof is provided. There is none so far, as you noted. When I said it was my second most interesting story in LENR, that was not an endorsement on it's validity. It could be true, or not, and I had always hoped either he or Sergei would follow up with more experiments, so we would know for sure.

This may be another case where the secret goes to the grave. Hopefully not. If someone takes up our offer for information, maybe we can get some closure on this one.

JF,

I've not seen this Creative Common 4 License used for something like this before. As I read it, this is a contract between you, and we the readers, so as to protect your copyright to the recipe. Can you put in plain language what the terms and conditions are?

I have no problem with this. Pretty interesting twist really. I see it is usually enforceable in court, but not always. It might be of use to others, who do not have the money to go the more traditional, and expensive route of hiring a patent attorney.

Shane - I can share that we are seeing slow steady and solid progress. Its going to be a while longer but we're getting there.

Crawl Walk Run!

" a while longer", is better than the "soon", we have been hearing about. :) I hope the best for IH. As McKubre said today; it is not a matter of who gets there first, let us just get there...or something like that.

Keep in touch.

https://nanospire.com/

Nanospire has freshened up their website, which is good news. The old one was ugly. Bad news is that they no longer mention their sonofusion. Understandable I guess, as they have a legitimate business side they advertise, and make money from. Being associated with LENR/CF is not usually good for business.

LeClair's radiation poisoning story was interesting to say the least. One of the better ones in the annals of LENR history. Right behind FP's meltdown IMO. I wonder if he is still interested in sonofusion? Hard to imagine his not being, after what he and his partner Sergei claimed to have gone through. And if they are no longer interested, I wonder if anyone has picked up where he and Sergei left off? According to them, the military was partially involved.

If you have any information to add, you can always become a member here, and talk to the staff privately via the conversation function. Whatever you know, will never save the planet remaining a secret. Speak up, and it may.

I have no power to censor you as out of context and move your posts to the clearance thread which is increasingly inflected onto me lately. Please go to the Atom-Ecology thread and express your theories there.

Oh poor, poor Axil! Guess we do not coddle you enough already? :) I moved your one Lion post from Atom Ecology, because it was ridiculous. Not you, but what Lion said, or should I say...what he did not say. He whispered sweet nothings in your ear, but somehow you missed that.

I probably did you, and he a favor moving it to "Clearance". There at least, fewer people will read it. I did him another favor by not referencing it here. Did he know you intended to use that for public response? I doubt it. Hopefully no one goes digging it out again. Lion's reputation has taken a hit lately, and reading what he said would not improve it for the better.

Well, this may be a first in CF. It has health benefits:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Shane,

It means the timeline will be pushed out another year or so and then it will be redefined as a new product needing more development, certification etc etc etc.

Roseland,

That may be the case, but Rossi usually does carry through on these things, when he commits the way he has done recently. Both Adrian and I agree with that. Where I and AA disagree, is that I think Rossi always disappoints. In other words; what he leads us to expect, never materializes. We are always left disappointed, and confused.

Adrian,

Not baiting you, but this confuses me. What do you think it means, and does it fit into your timeline?

, I can safely safe that anybody who makes definitive statements about how any undeveloped technology will become mature and commercialized is a fool, and that includes both world-class scientists and self-appointed librarians.

What does it say about someone who debates someone they think is a fool? :) Remember guys, we are all here to save the planet, and get a lot of likes...in no particular order.

Jed,

This is from ICCF19:

"In related work, the SKINR group sought to replicate
    results reported by Celani at previous ICCFs. They did sensitive
    mass flow calorimetry on eight Cu-Ni-Mn wires, six from
    Celani and two others from Mathieu Valet. The group
    employed a stainless steel cell, in contrast to the glass cell of
    Celani, in order to be able to perform the calorimetry. But,
    they followed closely the set-up, operation and heating protocols
    that earlier gave excess heat for the Celani group.
    Beyond the initial protocol, they tried pulsed and highlymodulated
    (SuperWave) driving voltages. Neither the original
    nor the new protocols gave excess heat during about 200 days
    of testing, with a calorimetric sensitivity of less than 10 mW"

Shane, I’m totally with you on the politics problem. It is pitiful that Block Island is all we have in the way of offshore wind in the US while Europe has over 4,000 turbines in 11 countries. One can only hope that someday we may be a less stupid country. So far, that does not seem to be the direction in which we are heading (pardon the politically-tinged aside.)

IO,

I do not see a problem with talking about the politics of NIMBY (not in my back yard). That is what is preventing solar/wind from reaching it's full potential. It is non -partisan issue, or at least it should be. I would love to sit on a beach and watch wind turbines in action. So majestic, and beautiful (did not know I had a soft side did you :) ). Others think they are an eyesore, and block their development. I know the offshore farms greatly benefit the environment by serving as artificial reefs. Others think they are bad for the environment, so don't want them.

NIMBY.