Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

IHFB,

Trust me, I have no doubt that Rossi has nothing. Not playing mind games with you. I am so confident of that, I have even had to force myself to post lately...which after thousands of posts here, and ECN's the past 6 years, speaks volumes. Yes, I am that convinced Rossi is an out and out fraudster.

The only reason I pay attention lately is out of habit, and to keep me from going back on crack.

It is absolutely normal for an entrepreneur to protect his business, as it is normal for an inventor to protect his discovery. Rossi is both. Do you expect him to reveal everything just to satisfy the curiosity of his supporters or the nosiness of people who pass their lives to insult him and always try to read negatively everything he says?

SSC,

If he were a "normal entrepreneur" he would have started selling the 1MW's by now. Instead he has shelved them for what hes says is a lack of customer interest, as they now supposedly want the QX. I find that very hard to believe. The 1MW is composed of individual LT Ecats. He has had 10 years refining, improving and certificating these LT's, culminating in the grand finale...Doral. After such a successful commercial demonstration, a normal entrepreneur would promptly start making a fortune. the customers would be lined up around the block trying to get their order in, and he would be well on his way to that Nobel he claims IH prevented him from getting.

After the settlement, had he promptly started a strong marketing effort to sell the 1MW, or the reliable and more powerful 15kW Ecat LT's, I might have held out some slim hope that maybe I was wrong, and he did have something. But his course of action makes it very clear, without a doubt, he has nothing.

Thx Alain, that was a well written piece by Nanalyze. The interview they reference from 2016, was with BEC's CEO George's by Infowars. Inforwars is not what most would consider an appropriate outlet to make an investment pitch, as noted here on LF at the time. Especially so when they admitted being rejected by Wall Street prior. Nanalyse raises the red flag over that too. You just do not go to WS, talk conspiracies against you, and expect the investment money to start flowing...dumb.

BEC does post here, and in response to our criticisms at the time of the interview, George's countered that it was productive nonetheless, as BEC got some interest from the interview. Recently they were able to secure $7.5 million funding, and looking for more, so I guess it did pay off.

The article concludes that anyone considering investing in BEC, should get a 3rd party independent validation from someone other than SRI. That makes a lot of sense.

It uses 'THE FORCE' geez Shane D. duh.

Here is my question, does he design his stuff after coming up with a way make the foolery more plausible? Or does he make something and then spends his time on how to fool it for the verifiers ? There is method somewhere, I think.

Funny Rigel,

Who knows, although one thing is for certain, he uses terms like "confidential, proprietary, patent pending, NDA" to stop questioning on matters, when his lies back him into a corner. His trump card so to speak. And when he plays it, he always has his fans come to his rescue, and fill in the missing blanks with exotic materials, creative schematics, and fanciful physics.

Bocijn,

I am getting little disappointed in Mills. The last 6 months he has been hot, starting off the New Year with a 5 minute CNN segment, roadshows, college symposiums, and making definitive marketing timelines in months...not years, but I detect a backing off recently.

Can't help but wondering if his active public cycles, coincide with a need for more funding? Once he gets it, back to normal. I could say almost the same thing about BEC, yet they do not have BrLP's respectable list of independent verifications.

What do you think?

PPS: Just to make it clear, I believe that Rossi is a lying, cheating, hypocritical, thieving con man. And if he wishes to sue me for defamation, my contact information has already been posted and he should call me and I will meet him to accept service (litigation would have to be in California as I have no minimum contacts with any other jurisdiction that would satisfy the predicate requirements of "I Shoe" and it's progeny - sorry Ele, more layer talk, you can look it up). In fact, I will waive any the "New York Times" defense and treat him as any joe schmoe, not a public figure if he so desires.

WW,

I know you are joking, but just in case you are not...Rossi has threatened several times over the years, that his lawyers were preparing to sue whomever was a thorn in his side at the time. Whether that be Krivit, Gary Wright, MY, or a number of others who publicly took issue with him, he never followed through. Called them "snakes and clowns". Only one he sued, as we know, was IH.

Admit it Adrian, you are addicted to LF. You have 92 posts turning your nose up at this place, yet here you are...still. Understandable, as ECW is boring, and more like a club of the like minded, where Rossisays should not be challenged, and if so, very mildly, and infrequently....or risk censorship.

Whereas here, your new home, is a challenge. Everything one thinks, or believes, can, and usually is challenged. If you can not defend your position intelligently, logically, or rationally...without resorting to nose up your arse contempt ;) , then you will not be respected.

Why is Rossi even giving "demos" of the QuackX, the Believers have already stated that NOTHING other than mass commercial sales will convince the non-believers

He is back fishing again, that (demo) is the bait, and he is hoping a big fat investor takes the hook. From his ECW interview today, Rossisays he has had a few nibbles, but so far no takers.

I am a trader by heart, started and sold a trading software firm and now i am lucky enough to get paid to spot promising startups in which i sometimes invest myself. I am not very talented, but always could make a decent living from what i did. Mostly because i could find the right guys for the job and get them to work.

It seems we are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Your work is more about the process. Mine has always been about the outcome. Your work is more about telling others what they want to hear, where mine has always been telling people what they don't want to hear, etc.

Rossi makes your skin crawl. I can see that. He does nothing by the book, bends the truth and ignores whatever process. He just focuses on the outcome (whatever the two of us imagine his ideal outcome is).

I like him for exactly the traits you hate him for.

wcg,

So let me get this straight; you describe yourself here as a venture capitalist, or something similar (trader) -like Darden, but admire Rossi because he is a rebel and screwed Darden?

And also, since you like him for his rebellious "traits" that led him to turn on Darden, may I ask how you would react were one of those "promising startups in which you sometimes invest" did the same to you?

Forgot who, but someone asked about the high operating temp of the reactor:

Jul 7, 2017

Dear Andrea Rossi,

The posted operating point of the QuarkX reactor is about 2700 degC. This above the melting point of almost all metals. How does one heat the QuarkX and sustain that temperature?

a. Use of tungsten wire for resistive heating? If so, oxidation is of a concern.

b. Inductive heating? If so, then it requires the interior (fuel) container to be transparent to RF waves.

c. A special ceramic (or similar) material with the tungsten wires embedded within the material?

d. Other technique?

Andrea Rossi

July 7, 2017 at 7:08 AM

confidential

Warm Regards,

A.R.

What, that's what's fun. Have you ever tried to solve a crossword, if you had all the details it would not have been so fun.

Stefan,

My thinking is that if this paper is like a crossword puzzle, it is not very scientific. Am I wrong?

Seems to me everyone is having to do a lot of guessing, filling in the blanks, and downright redrawing Rossi's schematics to make it work, or fit with his written description. That being the case, or what I believe to be the case, is there any scientific value to this paper?

Rossi is doing what usually occurs in product development: refinement, simplification, and the improvement of reliability, all of which take time (usually years).

Too bad he took the 1MW off the market, as it does look like the QX is a long ways from commercialization. Maybe now, those customers Rossisays "no longer demand" the 1MW, and only want the QX, will change their mind?

Why not, as it is an off-the-shelf, customer tested, certificated, refined, and ready for market "as is" product? They could start saving the planet now, and wrap it up once the QX comes on line.

Edit:

1. Obro July 9, 2017 at 3:02 PM

Dear Dr. Rossi,

What are your plans for the regular e-cat(not the QuarkX)?

Do you still intend to produce it, and if yes, would it be this year?

Kindest regards,

Obro

2. Andrea Rossi July 9, 2017 at 3:55 PM

Obro:

The matter of the fact is that our Clients are all waiting for the E-Cat in the QX version.

We will go where the market will want us to go.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

That is a typical refrain. I wouldn't hold it against you, because well, I like you. But for the more voracious among us, there is no excuse for some of the kind of behavior we have seen. And they won't get much of a pass from me if Rossi comes through.

No matter how it ends, I hope in the end we just all have a beer, and say good job to each other. No need to rub noses in the dirt. We all believe fervently in our side. We are polarized, and sometimes get a little heated, but with only a few exceptions, we are here just having a good old time. Nothing personal...well maybe against Rossi for us, and IH for you, but not against each other.

Gosh, I have that sappy feeling again...make it go away! :)