Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015

Posts by Shane D.

Oh, I forgot to add, that for the next 3 years, we will also be told repeatedly we "must feel great disappointment in the recent developments", although Rossifans leave it to us pseudoskeps to figure out what recent developments he is talking of.

Hmmm, let me guess...is it that Rossi is now doing a "demo" of the QX this Oct, as he quietly slipped in today, instead of the "test" he announced before? :)

So, for the next 3 years we are going to be told repeatedly that we are pseudoskeps because we think Rossi is a scammer, racist because Rossi is Italian, the legal system ruled Doral a success because there was a settlement, IH lost because they agreed to settle, Rossi fooled da man and that is way cool, and we may be charged by the The Hague court for impeding a world saving technology. That is not a question BTW, it is a statement.

Very lame defense of Rossi, but since you have chosen to stand by him after the public records reveal a dishonest, deceitful conman, there is little else you can do but blow smoke I guess. This will be a very lopsided debate, until such time as you guys finally accept Rossi for what he is.

The whole MFMP Ecco device has taken a weird turn; now with a need to raise $320k to prevent all of the inventor's company assets to be sold off.

Yeah, this is starting to smell. I hope MFMP is on heightened alert after Suhas sprung this on them at the last minute.

Axil,

That is the HT Ecat, that I already said has been reported to melt. The 1MW is made of the LT's however, that do not have a tendency to melt. Jed is in there too in your JONP reference, asking Rossi if this melting incidence is from the first Levi test. Rossi does his usual...can not comment.

Got anything better?

As of 2016, the total price of constructing the ITER experiment is expected to be in excess of €20 billion. This cost is just to see if hot fusion is possible. When costs of research are put into perspective, it seems prudent to give Rossi an opportunity to show the feasibility of non fission nuclear reactions using his own money especially when Holmlid has also shown these reactions are occurring in peer reviewed experimentation. Why shut Rossi down? In this life, success is never guaranteed, It's just the possibility of success that is meaningful and that possibility should never be suppressed

Ay, chihuahua, you not only changed the subject so as not to respond to my post, but also play the "why shut Rossi down" card. That is worse than Ele playing the Italian race card! :)

Rossi is not shut down BTW, and seems pretty happy getting back to what he loves best...lying, making shit up and selling hope for a better future. :)

Take care

The 1MW reactor is not obsolete, the component that produces the heat for it is flawed and must be replaced. Rossi's old tech has a problem similar to the problem that exists in nuclear power plants. Sometimes the reactor melts down. Rossi does not want to put this flawed product on the market.

Axil,

So why has Rossi not told us of this flaw before? He has represented the Ecat all along as ready for market, so if you are correct, you must have to admit he lied....right? And if what you are saying is right, maybe it was a good thing he was lying, because if he actually sold a 1MW to a customer as has claimed numerous times, and it melted, igniting the factory and burning it to the ground, and maybe the occupants also...well, he would be in jail.

Surprising too that the Doral warehouse never burned to the ground during the 365 day run, with 108 little Ecats, and 4 BFs with no telling how many Ecat units within each, running 24/7.

I've heard modern autopilot systems can land a plane by themselves. I've also heard the argument that this is probably safer than a human pilot - no human error/tiredness etc. Do airlines permit autopilot landings, and do some pilots use it for that now? Would ShaneD. trust his plane to land itself? Could your DC mange this feat?

Zeus,

Sure, planes can and do land themselves. Depending on the plane, most nowadays have the equipment package to do what are called "Cat III" approaches, which are fully automated. The landing runway must also have Cat III equipment. The more advanced planes can do a Cat III with zero runway visibility, but my aircraft (MD-82/83) needed 600 ft vis at the landing runway.

It is a very coordinated and tense process for the Capt/FO, as one is monitoring instruments, while the other is making altitude call-outs. Any blip, or if the runway not spotted at what was called Decision Height -50 ft for my aircraft, you did an immediate go-around....either by hand flying, or through the a/p. But if the runway was spotted you let the autopilot do the landing. It actually flares the aircraft at 50 ft, lowers nose on touchdown, and tracks centerline. Real cool.

I only did maybe 6 or 7 actual Cat IIIs in my 17 years as Capt. Did hundreds though in the simulator.

Oh, so after all these years, you finally know who I am! I am flattered.

One thing that was hammered into us at the airlines was safety, and preventing stuff like this. They taught you (CRM) that there is seldom one specific reason that something like this happens, but more often a "chain of events" that lead up. Each link in the chain can be broken, but only if you are trained, aware it is happening, and willing to take action to stop it.

Good example I have been in many times: On a layover, get little sleep, early wake-up, go to Ops and do flight planning, go to airplane, start preflight, weather rolling in, tired, so tired, flight attendant is bitchy, push back, taxi, ATC being A...holes giving you a hard time, get airborne, climb to altitude, kick back and look out at the scenery, think this is the best job in the world, FA finally brings your breakfast, eat it, eyes get heavy, time to start decent into SFO, complicated simultaneous approach even in VFR, look up and you are aligned with the taxiway, and low.

Well, fortunately, I had a successful career and stopped my close calls early enough in the chain, so as not to not risk my passengers, or others. The pilot in the article however is not so fortunate, as while he avoided a major accident at the last second, he will pay the price for not interrupting whatever his chain of events were at an earlier stage.

What I wish is that the Signal-noise ratio here would be higher.

TTM,

Come on, is it really noise we are making when we trash Rossi? We are not speculating as we were before the IH venture, when there was little to go on. Now, with the revelations in the court documents, we have more than enough information just a click away to make informed decisions.

So our signal is loud and clear...you guys are defending a con-artist, and you are going to keep hearing that until you finally come to your senses. :)

Do not get too excited if Rossi does a demo in Oct.:

1. Gerard McEk July 11, 2017 at 3:39 PM

Dear Andrea,

It seems that now you, being back from court, move forward much more quickly.

“E-cat QX, prototype, new production method, demo in October”, it surely gives us the feeling you are moving full speed ahead and we are all very pleased with this.

Just a few questions, if you allow me:

1. Has the way in how demo is to be done changed or still as planned in the past?

2. What power level will the E-cat QX prototype be?

3. The ‘new production method’: is that related to a. Fuel, b. The reactor housing, c. Assambley of housing and fuel, d. Producing clusters?

Thank you for answering our questions.

Kind regards, Gerard

PS: I hope your relation with your wife didn’t suffer since you won a tennis game?

2. Andrea Rossi July 11, 2017 at 5:30 PM

Gerard McEk

1- as in the past

2- to be decided

3- all of them

Warm Regards,

P.S.

He,he,he

More unsupported negative speculation from the get Rossi crowd. Rossi has stated he will demonstrate the E-Cat QX this year. He has always kept his word on doing demonstrations in the past.

Do you favor the consensus based, multi-billion dollar, "proper" R&D of hot fusion? The BBC points out that the hot fusion demo has been pushed back to 2054. http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-40558758

Or is it that you are clueless about how long it takes to develop a new technology?

Adrian,

I follow, and comment on all LENR developments. I have become a Rossi skeptic, but still am hopeful about the rest of the field. Not a hot fusion follower, nor fan, nor advocate...it's always 20-50 years from now.

As to "how long it takes to develop a new technology", Rossi touted the Ecat as developed, and ready for market as early as 2011. The 28 Oct 2011 was a customer acceptance (DD) test. The customer deemed it a success, and signed a form to that effect. Shortly afterwards, Rossi claimed to have sold more 1MWs.

When IH came along, Rossi represented his Ecat as a mature, certificated, developed product ready for market. He claims also that Doral was a success, having worked for 350 days at a COP >50.

If we go by Rossisays, as his remaining fans do, then the 1MW needs no new development and is ready for market NOW. Yet, Rossi has said his customers do not want it, and want instead the QX. Odd, because the QX is the one in the R/D phase, not the 1MW. So why would a customer prefer something still in R/D, when they could have something right now that has been on the market, and working well for 5 years?

IHFB,

Yes. I agree with what you say about the contractual terms. This started with RBO questioning my comment that: "the 1MW worked even it was not working". I supplied the references where the 1MW did not function/work at all, due input power failures.

JD, in the Rossi/Fabiani depositions were zeroing in on the discrepancies between the "Penon Final Report", reported maintenance down-times, and building power input failures uncovered in the discovery process. Unfortunately, due the settlement, that is as far as I can take this. Although, it would not take much for someone like Para, to do a search to compare the power failures, and maintenance dates with the Penon Report.

He, or someone else, may have already done so? Been a lot on that.

IHFB,

Document 326 (Fulvio Fabiani depo), pgs98-110:

-3/3/2015: at least 30 minute power outage.

-4/7/2015: power outage for 4 hours.

Pg 110: "Q: Do you remember anytime when the 1MW plant was shut down completely for any reason?"

"A: I remember several episodes, but I don't remember when, or how many"

Rossi answered to all that in his deposition but anyone who has seen even a photograph of the 1MW reactor knows that is modular. It was possible to service some of the modules while the others were working.

You have a reference where he answered that? He had the one 1MW unit with the 4 Big Frankies (BFs), and the back-up with the 108 older units. The backup was used only 1 time at start up, and never again.

We have a lot of engineers here. Since you seem so informed, maybe you could tell us how Rossi worked on the 1MW, while maintaining 1MW 24/7, for 350 days?

Well this is exactly what I would call rubbish Eric. No facts Just misinterpretations, FUD and insults.

Actually RBO, Jed is correct. Rossi did just what Jed said he did....talk about each of his roles (Leonardo/Andrea/JMP) as if each were different people. It was surreal for any sane person to read.

Obviously you, like most of the remaining Rossi supporters, have not read the 3 Rossi depositions.

The Doral test was a long-time RD for Rossi and his E-Cat. During this period, Rossi had to intervene often for losses, malfunctions and various kinds of problems.

Well, it still worked plenty good enough for commercial use. It took 1 unit of power, and converted that to 50 or more units, non-stop for 350 days. In fact, it worked so well, it even produced 1MW power when the reactors were down for maintenance one of those days. I am not sure, but I would think any company would salivate over a machine that works even when it is not working?