Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

Rossi answered to all that in his deposition but anyone who has seen even a photograph of the 1MW reactor knows that is modular. It was possible to service some of the modules while the others were working.

You have a reference where he answered that? He had the one 1MW unit with the 4 Big Frankies (BFs), and the back-up with the 108 older units. The backup was used only 1 time at start up, and never again.

We have a lot of engineers here. Since you seem so informed, maybe you could tell us how Rossi worked on the 1MW, while maintaining 1MW 24/7, for 350 days?

Well this is exactly what I would call rubbish Eric. No facts Just misinterpretations, FUD and insults.

Actually RBO, Jed is correct. Rossi did just what Jed said he did....talk about each of his roles (Leonardo/Andrea/JMP) as if each were different people. It was surreal for any sane person to read.

Obviously you, like most of the remaining Rossi supporters, have not read the 3 Rossi depositions.

The Doral test was a long-time RD for Rossi and his E-Cat. During this period, Rossi had to intervene often for losses, malfunctions and various kinds of problems.

Well, it still worked plenty good enough for commercial use. It took 1 unit of power, and converted that to 50 or more units, non-stop for 350 days. In fact, it worked so well, it even produced 1MW power when the reactors were down for maintenance one of those days. I am not sure, but I would think any company would salivate over a machine that works even when it is not working?

Ay, chihuahua...it's going to be a long 3-4 years. :) Like going back to 2011 and starting all over, but this time knowing how it will end. Only difference is a name: 1MW then, QX now.

Still do not understand why the 1MW is obsolete now.

Endless posts, endless comma humping and praising each other on how smart the skeptics all are, but nobody recognized the power of a street fighter like Rossi.

wcg,

So you admire Rossi, and will believe in him for the next several years at least, because he is a "street fighter". He is the David vs IH the Goliath. Took on da man. Robin Hood taking from the rich and giving...well, to himself so far.

Fine, it's your life, but out of curiosity, how much, if any of the documents did you read? in particular, did you read Rossi's 3 depositions? I wonder, as it does not take a "smart skeptic" to conclude Rossi is dishonest, and set out to fool IH with a fake company and fake machine. You could show them to 100 people, and 90-95 would conclude the same. They are that obvious.

I will admit, it takes some big cahones to bluff IH the way he did...suing, knowing he he had nothing and discovery would reveal his weak hand. The traits of a good gambler, but that is not the type person I admire. Definitely not someone to faithfully believe in. In fact, to me, after reading every document, he looks like an idiot to have done what he did. But that's me.

Shane D. : At least you agree on the "we"! What will be the next try? Take over the forum completely?

I did nowhere see "IH related posts" that seem to support LENR...

Wytennbach,

Well, I meant the other "we",s. :) But a little before your post, I had gotten back to other LENR matters.

Look, Wytenn...I respect you and the other very bright, intelligent LENR advocates. Even the few equally bright sKeps here like THH, KS, even Sherlock. In comparison I am a nobody. I try and contribute in my little way to make a difference. When I first got interested, I could readily see the field needed some fresh insights, and there are occasions when the best insights come from interested, non scientific, lay people (amateurs) like me.

Humbly submitted.

Yes, WCG

Rossi has been far more transparent than IH in my opinion. In the depositions everything from Planet Rossi seems sincere, whereas hypocrite Thomas Darden didn't want to answer or dragged his feet.

Well ECG, I missed Rossi's sincerity, but maybe you could answer my questions as to why the LT Ecat has been withdrawn from market/sale NOW, as in *NOW*, at this time, while the QX is at least 2 years from market?

Well, I guess I have my answer. No clients (customers) want the LT Ecat. What a surprise. Guess the planet will have to wait a few more years to be QuarkX saved vs LT Ecat saved. There is a difference!

1. Obro July 9, 2017 at 3:02 PM

Dear Dr. Rossi,

What are your plans for the regular e-cat(not the QuarkX)?

Do you still intend to produce it, and if yes, would it be this year?

Kindest regards,

Obro

2. Andrea Rossi July 9, 2017 at 3:55 PM

Obro:

The matter of the fact is that our Clients are all waiting for the E-Cat in the QX version.

We will go where the market will want us to go.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

I have worried about Peter Gluck, and asked about him here after he went to surgery to no avail. He and I had a few private exchanges, and I could not help but be impressed. Looks like someone posted for him today on his beloved blog "EGOOUT" with an update. Glad to see Peter has taken that fighting spirit he developed defending LENR, to his personal health issues. Although I can not agree with his message about Rossi, I still have much respect for his dedication to the field. I hope he still respects mine. Take care Peter:

Saturday, July 8, 2017

From Peter, with love

Dear readers,

I am Peter Gluck, sending you my best wishes. I am still in the hospital with some mad illnesses. I am now blind and will have eye surgery next week. For the time being l cannot stand, walk or sit, and therefore cannot work or read things.

As you all know, I am very interested in the cold fusion saga and now there is this very interesting episode regarding Rossi vs. Darden litigation. I understood that some settlement was made, but I have no idea what does it mean except what is for sure Rossi has not lost, the accusations against him are not true and he can continue his work with E-Cat, as he tells.

I am asking my good friends Sam North, Uwe Doms, Marc Elenbrook, Mats Lavender and Vasi Nikolova and any other people who are fair about the topic to try to explain synthetically what this new situation means and what is the perspective, except that Rossi will develop his process further and better and better technologies.

Please help me in any way you can with content - my family and my blog associate Georgina are there for us, they can tell me about the situation, so we can all prepare a short update together.

I am very curios to learn (before taking my Ego Out !...) about what has happened and what will follow from now on.

Thank you, good bye and all the best to you!
    Peter

Moved from the bargain bin. Eric

Eric,

Already more has seeped out than I expected. I have little doubt there will be more "loose talk" to come. It may be in code, and require some deciphering, but it will get out. Too many egos involved not to.

Now, if only the LENR researchers could do a little loose talking! The field needs lots more of that, and less of this keeping the same secrets from each other.

Rossi has pushed back the QuarkX timeline. Not the first time BTW. On his JONP the other day he said the test may be this year, so that means probably next year in Rossi speak...so 2018. He hopes to get it into the market in 2018...which probably means 2019. Add in all those unexpected obstacles that extended the LT Ecats R/D 5 years after he predicted it's market debut in 2012, and we are probably talking 3-4, maybe 5 years from now the QX will be for sale.

So this means it is not ready yet for market any time soon. Yet, according to E48, Rossi told him directly that the Ecat is no longer for sale, as it is now obsolete due the more advanced QX! Why not sell the Ecat in the meantime? It is proven reliable and high COP. So what is the problem?

Just for arguments sake, say he gets the QX out in 2018 as he suggests he may. He could still sell his LT *NOW* for a discount and still make a ton of money with it. Even after the QX comes on line, he will still have a market for the LT. Like all tech, there are low end customers that will happily take the cheaper, older tech, over the newer, fancier model.

Edit: I meant this to go in the Rossi/IH thread.

As always, thank you AS. I was not trying to imply you thought Celani was dishonest...only attempting to give some background information for those unfamiliar with his story.

Anyways, Celani does read, and post on LF at times...

When I see that extraordinary claims such as those I quoted in the celani thread are ignored by mainstream science and I see Celani's funding zeroed by INFN, I am inclined to think that his peers have identified flaws (even though they may have not engaged in a public critique).

AS,

Did he end up losing the funding? I remember the head of his department trying to defund him, but Celani made an appeal to a politician I think, to keep it going. Never heard anything after that. Celani still is very active and works with a team, so I guessed he had won the funding battle.

Celani is very honest. When he makes a mistake like he did at NI LENR, he admits it and moves on. In his ICCF20 presentation he laid everything on the line, and does not appear to care about making money...only making LENR reliable and scaleable. It would have been nice had he explained why SKINR (ICCF18) was unable to replicate though.

Criminal actions of Rossi ?

It was documented here that he was cleared by all the charges ! Rossi was acquitted because the fact did not exist. In practice the Judge has seen that the crimes for which he was prosecuted had never existed. All that was documented here.

What about the numerous actions done by Darden and Cherokee ?

Sifferkoll has published a long list, and many of those actions could be called crimes on my opinion.

Ele,

When you say "he was cleared by all the charges", I assume you are talking about the IH suit. First let me make a retraction; since the counter-suit was civil, and not criminal, I will cut him a break and change "criminal" to "fraudulent" when referring to him. I am not sure after that what you are implying. A settlement is not a judgement of guilt or innocence, it is just a settlement.

In coming to an educated opinion as to guilt or innocence though, thankfully all the information we need to judge is contained in the 326 court documents. Fortunately for those that chose to follow the Rossi story, believe in him going forward, or consider investing in his QuarkX in the years to come, they will always be available in the public record for them to study.

And those documents are clear, unambiguous, and damning towards Rossi. He was dishonest and deceitful...not only to IH, but to his followers on JONP, his partner HF, and probably to his own lawyers. No doubt who the man is after reading, and serves as a warning for those tempted. No one from here on out, can blame ignorance if they dare invest their money, or hope with Andrea Rossi, and find later they were fooled, or ripped off like those before.

Adrian,

That seems to be the meme of the Rossi supporters following the settlement: "IH supporters are depressed". Like we were handed a defeat. IMO, a couple seemed upset at first, because he did not get his due, but overall we IH..ers are getting back to other LENR issues at hand.

If anything, it seems you Rossites are hell bent on reshaping the narrative away from Rossi, and his criminal actions, and onto IH and their poor decision making. Can't blame you, as following a working class hero who beat "da man", is a lot easier than following a crook. It has been fun to watch.

And anyways, why should we be depressed, other than Rossi not getting hammered? From what I have read, it sounds like Rossi choked the first day of court after hearing what he would have to answer to under oath, asked his new lawyer to talk with JD and make a deal. The last court document says all parties pay their own costs. That does not sound like some resounding victory for Rossi?

The harassment has come from the ad hominem comments about Rossi on this site, including those from members of IH.

Adrian,

"Ad Hominem" is defined as: " an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself".

If you have read the 326 court documents, you would see that Rossi's character, or lack of actually, is as much a part of the counter-suit, as the substance. The substance being whether or not Doral produced 1MW, at COP 50, and the IP works, while his character was on trial due the fake company/product/engineer, along with the spoliation of equipment, data, and emails.

So by attacking Rossi's character, we are also attacking the "substance of the argument itself", as the two are intertwined, therefore ad hominem does not accurately describe our arguments here against him.

"According to Abd... "All claims dropped on both sides. It is as if the suit was never filed. All parties bear their own costs. The action of the Agreement was the consent of counsel to settlement without any court order other than dismissal, which is final."

No agreements were included... so unless they present something otherwise in a joint statement, IH retains the original E-Cat License. No money changes hands.

As for the future of the litigants, it looks like IH paid about $11 million ++ for a License which according to them is worthless insofar as it was never shown to produce excess heat. Add to that the attorney fees and we see why many observers consider IH to be the big loser in this.

That assumes the IP is really worthless, but it may have value in a surprising way, even if Rossi could never make it work. Here is the granted patent, and there are a number of applications not granted."

The $11.5 million was "throw away money" for IH. That was basically the price they paid to get their foot in the door to see if he really had something. Actually, that was a bargain, as Cassarino said in his depo, that in his AEG's first years with Rossi, he wanted $15 million to talk about a deal, and only valued his tech at $150 million. Hmm...$150 million for a world changer?

If Abd is right, and he probably is, this was actually a win for IH too. Even more so than Rossi, but I still give Rossi a win, because he walks away from another run in with with the law, with enough of a fan base, and money to get back to what he craves...making shit up, and being adored for it. :)"

What are the # of the ad hoc hypothesis you just had to invent to justify Cherokee/IH opting for a settling and not feeling too good about it, when their representants both acknowledged and stealthy have been clamoring for more than a year that Rosscammy's E-Bunk is a nothing burger heater?

Roger,

You seem to think IH is wrong on all counts, the 1MW performed as Rossi claimed, and the IP works...just because they settled. I do not think it works that way. These things are complex, and many things have to be factored in before deciding to settle...not the least of which is a fickle jury. It is not so simple as you and many Rossi supporters are trying to spin it. I think you are letting your bias/hatred against the big guy, cloud your judgement about the facts, and who exactly the little guy in this case is. But that is your choice.

Rossi owes his fans a big debt of gratitude. You guys have stood by him through fake companies, mezzazine heat exchanger, spoliated equipment, data, and emails, so we shall see how he rewards your loyalty. So far today, he has given you what he gave you before...the same empty rhetoric we have seen from him now for 6 1/2 years. In your shoes, I would demand more. Like I said, he owes you at least some specifics, and not the same old same old.

If he is evasive, starts missing his own timelines...well, this gloating, and running a victory lap, may be premature.

If you hear some Dewey Weaversatisfaction in the background it is the muffled hysterical guffaw of a schizophrenic. Minutes before the settlement he was still convincing the readers on this forum of how he and his buddies would annihilate Rossi...

Now, now ECG. No gloating. :) Dewey was playing his part in the "good cop/bad cop" routine. If you could not tell which...he was the bad cop. He used LF to scare Rossi, as Rossi used his JONP to scare IH. IH knew, and accepted all along his tactics here. Everyone always said their posturing on the two blogs was a waste of time, as all that matters was what the jury would think. But when you are playing for an out of court settlement, it is all part of the game.

So how long do you give Rossi to come through?