Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

I also don't understand why Rossi doesn't have Penon on his witness list - seems seminal to his case but maybe I'm missing something.

Dewey,

Who knows...maybe legal jeopardy, or something? :) Considering Penon refused to "accept service" (10/14/16 transcript) in Italy, and only showed up for his depo in the Dominican Republic after an appeal from Rossi, it should not come as a surprise that Penon is wary.

Wary of what though? If his report is solid, and honest, he should be proud to show up in Miami and defend it you would think. Maybe he is afraid they will expect him to show up with all that equipment he boxed up, and took with him to Italy, presumably to be checked for accuracy? Or perhaps, be asked under oath where all those emails between he/Rossi/Fabiani went? Or afraid he will be asked to explain where the underlying raw data he used in his daily "summaries" is?

Whatever his reasons, I would suspect his no-showing will not be missed by the jury. How strange that the central character in this trial (Penon), THE ERV, upon who's report the case hinges upon, refuses to take the stand, or even to step on US soil...hmmm. Sounds real bad.

BTW, looks too as if none of the Lugano team will show...correct? They are not listed so I presume not.

I'm about half way through 326 (Cassarino depo), and it is interesting as TTM says. Not sure either side can take comfort though, as Cassarino often contradicts himself:

He always felt Doral was the "350 day test", yet he also claimed the "2nd agreement was not valid" (GPT ) because he did not sign it.

Says the 1MW in Doral was built by Dameron and Rossi, yet Rossi told him it was the same 1MW shipped from Italy.

Thought the GPT was delayed due shipping damage to the 1MW, but then recounts how he played "go-between" between Rossi/TD as to why Rossi had not started the GPT yet.

Other than that, he does shed some new light on the start (2010) of the Rossi/Ampenergo (AEG) relationship. Why Rossi delved into TDs (capture the heat from the Ecat). Failed hook-up with NASA (IP worries). Formation of Leonardo Technologies.

Cassarino also knew early on (June 2012) that TD would form a new company (IH) to handle the Rossi tech. Cass had no problem with that, as he says he formed his AEG for the same reason..handle Rossi's tech.

Rossi also misrepresented JMP to him, just as he did to IH. It was "affiliated with a bigger company", independent from Rossi, etc. Rossi even asked him to: "tell IH to look at the customer".

Cass knew too, about IH's lack of success with the IP.

So far, Cassarino comes across as very disengaged from the actual engineering aspects of the Ecat from the start (2010) of their AEG/Leonardo relationship, through to Doral, (perfect partner for Rossi :) ) and more focused on getting his "second tranche" payment from IH. Not sure Cassarino's being a witness for Rossi will help, or hurt? Stay tuned.

IHFB,

As always, I appreciate your thoughts too....with the exception of the 2 window panes. :) Like you, I will accept whatever truth is revealed. If Rossi built this mezzazine HE as he describes with slave labor, er I mean day laborers, and can prove it, or if collaborated by others, then I will accept that as the new truth, and go on from there.

I enjoyed your post, but what prompts you to ask this question? Can you point to which evidence leads you to think that nobody noticed?

Read Rossi's depo again. The lawyers were just as "prompted" to follow up when hearing in his depo his elaborate, and unsubstantiated account. Understandable, as that was the first time anyone, including JD, had heard of an upstairs HE. Even Bass, JMP Engineer ( :) ), seems to have missed it. Hard for him not to notice...don't you think?

We WILL see this issue revisited in the trial! "Where did the heat go in that small area?", An area so compact, you could throw a frisbee easily from one parking lot to the other, and not hit the 1MW plant or JMP BB in between, or if Rossi farted on one side, IH would smell it on the other, is the one issue an average jury can identify with. So JD will hammer on it.

Rossi's defense team is no doubt prepared with another fanciful rebuttal, so it should be entertaining.

The alleged heat exchanger was described by Penon by Rossi as having approximately 22 steel pipes, each approximately 30 feet long

Woodworker,

I do not recall Penon describing an "upstairs" heat exchanger. Or any HE at all. Other than Rossi, the only talk about any HE, comes from JMP's engineer :) , Bass when he talked about the supposed heat exchanger in the JMP black box, or serpentine pipes as he describes it. Of all, he would know if some contraption ran from JMP's BB (which he oversaw), along the floor, up some rickety stairs into the mezzazine, and vented out a "closed" window, where almost anyone entering the office below, or parking nearby would be served sunny side up.

Anyways, good post. Not bad for an "extreme liberal". :) One question I would add for JD to ask:

DR. Rossi...in an interview with your good friend Mats Lewan shortly after you filed suit, you said the "unused heat" was vented out the roof. Yet, you described an elaborate mezzazine/upstairs HE in your deposition 10 months later, under oath in your deposition. Soooo....

So Rossi had nothing at all to do with the military?

No Alan,

There is no military connection. None at all. Rossi used vague references to militaries all along, in an attempt to create an illusion of legitimacy. He even had a clause inserted in his IH agreement, that excluded his contacts with the Italian Military. Just 14 months ago, Lewan stated he had confidence Rossi had a military customer. All smoke and mirrors. Last fall, Rossi carried on with the military theme, by claiming a retired military engineer flew in to help him overcome some issues with the QuarkX. He knows that his fan base, after all his exposed lies, are conspiracy types, and conspiracy types stay loyal as long they think the military is involved.

In Rossi's deposition, he admitted he never had a customer, nor any orders. That was under oath...maybe the first time he has been honest. Probably the last too.

Well, at least there is still some funding of LENR by the DOE. This clip is from the article posted today about Dr. Claytor receiving the Preparata Award at the recent International Workshop on Anomalies:

"While at LANL, in addition to on and off research into LENR funded by Laboratory Directed Research and Development, Director’s Reserve and technology transfer funds."

The LDRD is funded by the DOE:

Laboratory Directed Research and Development (LDRD)

The Department of Energy’s Engine of Discovery

The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is charged with a large and complex mission—“to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental, and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.” The DOE executes this mission to a large extent at its seventeen national laboratories, a group of institutions which were created and are supported by the Federal government to perform research and development (R&D) in areas of importance to the DOE and, where appropriate, to other Federal agencies.

Today, the national laboratories are performing R&D in support of DOE’s goals in catalyzing the transformation of the nation’s energy system, securing our leadership in clean energy, maintaining a vibrant scientific and engineering effort, and enhancing nuclear security through defense, nonproliferation, and environmental efforts. In recognition of the importance of the long-term health of these institutions, the U.S. Congress has authorized and encouraged them to devote a relatively small portion of their research effort to creative and innovative work that serves to maintain their vitality in science and technology (S&T) disciplines relevant to DOE and national security missions. Since 1991, this effort has formally been called Laboratory Directed Research and Development (LDRD).

Wytennbach,

I will take a soulless corporation, over a pathological liar any day! :) For those of you unfamiliar with the story, that may sound a bit strong, but for those like myself who have followed Rossi for 6 1/2 years now...it is simply the truth, and undeniable. Extremely deceitful too, as one can readily observe reading his JONP, or reading the court documents. And his antics did not just start with IH, they go back to early 2011 when he gave his most ardent supporter (Kullander) salted fuel, and let him go on until his death lecturing on how Ni *may* turn to Cu in an exothermic reaction without ionizing radiation. Say what you will about IH, but they would not stoop so low as that.

Oh, I could go on and on, but really, most everyone knows this stuff so I will spare you. Even those few still defending him know his shady past, and chose to stand by him anyway.

Even if you don't like hin, he is a man of immense charm (when he likes) who has many friends who would take up the keyboard on his behalf - even unprompted..

I think it takes more than charm to get others to play fake, fraudulent roles for you, such as a Nato Colonel, and JMP director/engineer. Those are verifiable, and as things develop we may add an ERV, or scientist to the list. Crazy story...so you never know.

Yes, Rossi has very loyal friends. Let us see if they take the stand for him.

On the market you enter with a finished product. If Rossi continued to make improvements to his reactor it is clear that he did not think it was ready for sale. What do you think would happen if you try to sell a revolutionary object that might be unstable or stop working after a time considered inadequate by the buyer? When you announce to the world (the real one, not the LENR microcosm) that you have a revolutionary object, you can not afford to make mistakes, you must be sure everything will work at the best.

Stability was not a problem for scientists .... is that strange? For them already a COP 2 is an event, they do not need to go further to be able to confirm the phenomenon. But for the market you need higher values and great durations. Maybe Rossi knew that his reactors were not stable beyond a certain level of operation. And as far as military customers are concerned, if Rossi sold something to them, you will never know!

SSC,

So you argue here that Rossi had an unreliable, unstable, unfinished product not ready for market in the Hotcat. Let me guess; Doral was different, and the 1MW Ecats plant was reliable, stable, finished, and ready for market, so therefore Rossi deserves his $89 mil? :)

Keep in mind also, that the amended GPT agreement called for the use of the "6 cylinder". It is a 6 Hotcat configuration, using oil instead of water as the heat transfer fluid. How do you reconcile that with your quote?

For this realisation we can thank Rossi, who whatever you think of him has raised the profile of LENR and brought in new younger workers and also new funders ( new = nothing to do with IH). For this reason alone, I think (and expect/hope) we might see some interesting developments before 2020.

I do not recall ever seeing a young face pictured at any of the ICCF's. Just a bunch of old farts like... well, most of us here. :) It would be comforting to see some of those that have the courage to face the obstacles they are sure to encounter.

The rest ("we might see some interesting developments before 2020")...I won't hold you to. If I did, I might expose myself to another disappointment.

And while at it...what is up with Gluck? Kind of worried about him.

I have no doubt Rossi would decline the challenge, or at best say yes, and weasel out later. He would have to, as it was a bogus test, and there was no upstairs heat exchanger. So not going to happen I guess, but it would be a dramatic gesture a jury could not miss the significance of, were Rossi to flat out say no. Plus, since the Big Frankie's were loaded with rust at the beginning of the Doral test, no telling how bad a shape they are in now. Is their such a thing as rusty steam? :)

No more Perry Mason reruns for me.

Woodworker,

The question first asked when Rossi filed suit, was: "well why don't they go back to Doral, unlock the 1MW, fire that baby up with all sides represented, and resolve this thing once and for all?". No doubt the jury will wonder the same. Makes sense after all, so why not. And actually something like that almost happened, as about a month after the plant was shuttered, Rossi told IH he wanted to start it back up, as he claimed the customer needed the energy (this was before IH knew for certain JMP was a ruse). IH suspected this as some kind of ploy, called his "bluff", agreed, and that they would be there too. Rossi backed down.

It seems certain it is beyond the judges authority to order such a thing during trial. But is there anything preventing JD from presenting an offer to Rossi in front of the jury, that IH would pay the $89 mil if he would promise then and there to jointly start the 1MW back up, with whomever IH wishes to attend, participate in the setting up, and operations, and all parties agreed it showed overunity? Sounds kind of Perry Masonish I know, but just curious if JD could do something like that.

Alan,

There is no animus towards Swartz, and certainly not for McKubre. Instead I think there is a frustration with those like Swartz, Larsen, Piantelli and the like who have been on the LENR scene for many years, claiming to have it all figured out, yet nothing ever comes of it. At the least, those like Jet Energy predicting a product in x amount of time, that does not materialize, should at least offer an explanation as to why. Don't you think?

I could also add BEC in there too, although they only have to answer to their investors from here on out. BrLP...well, they of all have been around in some form or another the longest (1991), promised the most and so far delivered nothing, but at least Mills gives reasons for the delay's. No one else does though.

And what about Duncan's "Seashore LLC", and his TT venture with SKINR/ENEA? Of all, Duncan is the one we most want to hear from -good or bad, but nothing at all from him. Biberian too...who is this German firm he is partnering with to commercialize LENR? Why all these secrets.

Like I said...no one is angry so much as frustrated with the lack of communication, and follow-up. Most of these guys/girl, look willing to take their knowhow, and knowledge to the LENR RV park up there in the great beyond.

So Cherokee has learned 2 very valuable lessons now: Don't buy polluted land in California and expect things to go as planned, and do not invest in ornery, mercurial, overunity inventors with a checkered past, without doing a true DD.

An experimental procedure reliably exhibiting milliwatts of excess heat (e.g., in a PdD system) with no commercial prospects would be very interesting. (1) Skeptical labs could run the experiment and see it with their own eyes. (2) You would be able iterate on the experiment with different controls and variables until the mechanism is isolated

Swartz has supposedly mastered the mW range, and said he would sell lab kits for years now. Still has not done so though. He is getting up there in age too. Be ashamed if he retired to the "LENR Old Folks Home" bringing his secrets with him, without ever having sold a single kit. Oh well, at least he can tell Alan his trade secrets at the LOFH bar...I hear they have a great happy hour. :)

Alan,

You participate as a mod on LF (LENR central), and you run LFH...so yeah, I'm guessing they whisper sweet nothings in your ear because they want it out. Discretely that is. McKubre said something like "we are all keeping the same secrets from each other", and encouraged more openness. MFMP was formed in large part because of the tight lipped nature of the field, and frustration with it's lack of progress. Surely it won't hurt LENR if more insiders speak up...rumors, hopes, dreams, gossip, observations and all.

Most of these researchers are getting up there in age also, and have nothing to lose, and everything to gain by having their experiences put in the public record. At least that way, if LENR goes back underground, or is buried, some future aspiring scientist can dig it up and build on it.