Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015

Posts by Shane D.

Barry West, in his deposition (207-61 pgs 99, 141-145) is prompted a number of times to talk of the rust the Big Frankies produced, that made it's way into the piping. It was a big problem, and he felt that this should be considered as it is a "foreign substance". He also mentions how big a problem "leaking piping" was. Sounds like a derelict boat....rusty, and leaking.

I would think that in any other scientific experiment, just those two things alone would invalidate the results, yet with so many other "fatal flaws" at Doral, they kind of take a back seat.

Considering this reaches a jury, I think JDs best witness will be Barry West. Whatever side you may be on, his testimony will come across as honest, unbiased, and unfiltered. He is just a good old boy who got along, or tried to, with everyone, but sharp as can be. Do not let his poor English let you think otherwise.

After reading all the depositions, IMO the IH side is the most open, and with the exception of Bass, the Rossi side the least (open). Not too surprising considering Fabiani moved to Russia, Penon will not come to the USA for deposition, Johnson is a lawyer -a 3rd rate one at that, and Rossi is...well he is Rossi.

Mr wong was the first that i read off that had knowledge of thermodinamics. I don't like it making fun off him. He didn't say nothing in favour of Rossi or IH, he just gave his opinion

Gerald,

Fair enough. Mr. Wong has done nothing wrong, nor has Murray and Smith. They all are all very qualified, deserving of respect for their accomplishments, and simply giving their opinions. Many of their opinions unfortunately, are based on best guess, as Rossi repurposed, or destroyed, the very plumbing system all three are being asked to testify about. Had everything been kept in tact, this would not be the guessing game it has become.

To be honest with you, I think Rossi wanted it that way. ;)

Dr. Wong’s testimony will assist the jury by showing the inherent flaws of the Defendants’
    expert reports, including, but not limited to, the failure to eliminate all possibilities for the
    dissipation of heat.

Ultarsure,

LOLs. From 233 also:

"Defendants hinge their argument on the fact that Dr. Wong did not see the heat exchanger and, therefore, does not know whether or not it existed. (Id.) Notably, Dr. Wong is not opining to the heat exchanger’s existence. Non-expert witnesses, including Dr. Rossi and Mr. James Bass have already testified as to that fact. Dr. Wong, on the other hand, is opining that if the heat exchanger existed as described (and as testified to), it could have dissipated enough heat to make the working conditions at the Doral Facility suitable.

Wong inspected the Doral Facility (unlike Mr. Smith); observed the ventilation—including large loading bay doors, two large ventilation fans, and the second floor heat exchanger area with three bays of windows accessible for ventilation; took measurements; and considered the testimony and information provided by Dr.

Rossi."

In the first paragraph there is something of interest, as Rossi's lawyer seems to imply Bass "has already testified as to that fact", which is that there was a such a heat dissipation system installed by Rossi. Still very vague, and a bit misleading in the context of the next paragraph where it is clear Wong goes only on Rossisays

Does anyone remember if Bass backed up Rossi on this system in his deposition?

I didn't realize the date of Wong's pictures! Rossi says he's converting that upstairs space to an office. What a coincidence that the 20 minutes Wong happened to be there they were fixing those windows!

There is so many holes here that I don't know where to start. But if we are right about the window then Rossi never vented the heat out that window using fans. And he probably set Wong up to make it look like it was. Is is criminal to mislead your expert witness by staging a scene or to lie during the deposition?

Vintage Rossi Peter, and yes he would do such a thing! Afterall, he made up JMP, dismantled plumbing and piping for the 1MW plant -doing the same with this heat exchanger system, and deleted emails to the ERV. So arranging for workers to be there when Wong shows up, is small potatoes for the master of deceit. :)

I think you and Para, with your investigation of this, pretty much laid to rest the last vestige of hope that the few remaining Rossi supporters may have, that there was any such heat exchanger system. Without such a system to dissipate all that energy, Rossi's suit falls apart...case over. Or at least from an engineering standpoint. Lots more of course that should do the same, but this is one area even laypeople, and juries could latch onto. As OG said a few weeks back, just put a couple hundred hair dryers in the jury recess area 24/7, and the point hits home real fast.

In the year since Rossi filed suit, he seems to have missed the significance of the "missing 1MW heat", and probably, after seeing the firestorm that alone produced on the blogs, realized his mistake...so voila, he invents this system that only he has seen, no one ever stumbled on while walking around the warehouse, and no one entering and leaving the JMP front door, or adjacent businesses ever took note of.

Also, Rossi has been the renter of that warehouse since the first month. In the beginning, he did so under the JMP ruse, and nowadays as Leonardo's new R/D facility. So he knew his expert would be there, and at what time, and brought in these workmen to do something, or pretend to do something, so as to coincide with Wong's appointment time. I wonder if Wong know's he has become just another in the long line of Rossi patsy/mark's.

Yeah, that really pisses me off. "Hey guys, guess what? We found a customer. Heh heh heh." He basically mislead all of his supporters, which included me. So I take it personally. What a schmuck! It still doesn't excuse IH's double dealing, but as I said before: nobody comes out of this looking good.

Josh,

Looks like we are making some headway. How about we do it this way; since Rossi is a crook, and IH is "double dealing", why don't we apportion 5 parts blame on Rossi, to every 1 part on IH? So you have to say 5 bad things about Rossi, and then you are allowed 1 about IH.

It's nice to talk about estoppel, a comment here or there that may show Vaughn mentioned test instead of lease, or that so and so just does not like IH, they were incompetent, ill prepared, but all that to me is academic.

We know now that Rossi did tamper with the 1MW when it arrived in Doral, dismantled and disposed of the piping into, and out of the plant, denying IH their right to study the set-up, and did the same with the heat dissipation system he claims went up to the 2nd floor.

We, and the court, also have ironclad proof that Rossi was JMP. Remember that "customer" Rossi talked to us of on JONP for 14 months?...well that was him, Rossi. And guess who the customer was that ordered 3 1MW's to show their satisfaction...yep, Rossi again. Remember those emails from Rossi to IH telling them of how the customer was so happy, or when the "Director of JMP" gave IH an update, saying that everything was A-OK?...again, Rossi played all the roles. He took us all for suckers!

Then there are the deleted emails between Rossi/Penon/Fabiani. Really people, there is just no defending Rossi on these things alone. The guy is a crook, plain and simple. Hard to believe the courts would allow this to a jury, but that Judge Sullivan seems so entertained by all this, he may just let it go on for that reason alone...You never know.

Sig,

Great legal analysis. I think you missed your calling. Just think, you could have gotten half the education, and made 10 times more. :)

Out of morbid curiosity, I do peek at JONP, at most maybe 3-4 times/day (sorry Dewey), so not much, and today this lawyer who analyzed the case told Rossi he has a strong hand:

I am an attorney and I have read the papers published on the pacemaker of the litigation: I think your case is very strong, well sustained by evidence.

Godspeed,

Eros

So there you have it, Erossays Rossi has a very strong, and sustained...hmmm, "sustained", where have I heard that before? Anyways, if you decide to leave the labs, and make some real money, I think Eros would be a good name for you to assume. Has a nice ring to it for a lawyer. :)

ultra,

Siffer is trying real hard to rearrange all the pieces so that they point to an IH conspiracy to suppress, or squash, LENR in general, and they can not do that unless they first take Rossi out. Oh, and LF, with it's paid hitmen (disappointed I am not on that list), is IH's conduit for achieving all that. He still, admittedly, has not figured it all out yet, but good guess that he will do that very soon! :)

Good though, to see Siffer kick back in gear. Fun to read him. Plus, we now have an LENR communication triad, with ECW for the remaining Rossi supporters, LF for a balanced debate on all issues LENR, and now the conpiracists have Siffer's site again to conspire. Maybe you guys might even figure out how Rossi's destruction of equipment, and data fits into IH's conspiracy against Rossi?

Anti-Rossis regularly say that Pro-Rossis are Rossi's sockpuppets

Roger,

No, Rossi is his own sockpuppet. He does it on his JONP all the time. Makes up a name who asks a question, and then answers it himself. He even admitted doing so in one of the filings...seriously. And Rossisaid (fill in blank)___________ told him to do it. :)

We call Rossi's remaining supporters other things. Nothing bad, although Dewey may go overboard.

Probably for Siffer's own good to be banned for awhile. Had he not been, I can tell you from experience, he would have taken us further and further down the conspiracy rabbit-hole. Very bright person, but somehow that is where his mind defaults to, and he will not let it go. Makes you wonder about HF?

Seems a number of other conspiracy buffs piling onto LF -fine by me BTW, and I was wondering if you newbies would agree, that destruction (spoilation), or altering in any way the 1MW, without IH's consent; to include it's plumbing, attachments, heat exchanger system, or whatever *invalidates* the test results as provided by Penon? And that such destruction, or tampering of the evidence would, should reflect negatively on Rossi? And that if proven (it is), the court should grant JDs soon to be re-submitted Judgement Summary (have the case tossed)?

FTR, we now have testimony that Rossi reconfigured the 1MW in Doral after it's arrival from NC. Rossi himself, also admits, quite unashamedly, under oath :) in his deposition , of taking the plumbing down the day after the test finished, and got rid of it somehow. He also admits junking the components of this heat exchanger system to the 2nd floor, which he claims to have built with the help of some day laborers.

By his actions, Rossi has ensured that we, the court, nor a jury will ever know the whole truth. And by that I mean that we will never know if it produced a little overunity, or none at all, as I think the chance it produced what Penonsays, is about nil.

Alright conspiracists, what say you?

I have been critical of the moderators in the past, but think they have been more than fair since my last criticism.

So what do we do without Dewey for 2 weeks? :)

Edit: and Wyttenbach also! I Is there a full moon? As science has shown, full moons affect the brain, and the bigger the brain...

However, parsing the court docs points towards IH being able to replicate his tech, albeit with difficulties, and not the 2-digits COP they are wishing for. This hints at, rather than Rossi having nothing, Rossi not giving all the tools/theory/know-how to IH. Why? this is something that is most certainly actively discussed in the secrecy of the trial.

Roger,

I think that is plausible, as others here have said. For that matter, IH has made it very clear in their court proceedings that Rossi may have not transferred *all* his knowhow, which may account for their sticking with him as long as they did. In Darden's deposition just released, he tells of "heated meetings" with Rossi, around Sept. 2013, telling him that the time was past for the GPT, and that technically they owe him nothing anymore, but were still willing to let him have another chance at it, and if successful, then they would still pay him well for it.

Keep in mind, that even though I agree with you that he could still have something, I feel absolutely certain he has nothing close to what he sold us all on...including IH, and did not come close to satisfying the agreement language for being paid the remaining $89 million. On some slim chance Rossi did have COP's >50, the point is moot because it would be unverifiable, and only another Rossisays, as Rossi purposely destroyed the equipment, and he/Penon/Fabiani destroyed documents related to the data.

That is a very bad thing he/they did, something honest people would never consider, much less do. And we have not even talked about the multiple levels of deceit with JMP. Oh man, that is just what we call in the states "a doozy".

On a side note, this Judge Sullivan seems as interested in the outcome of this case as we. Last document out today, at the very end, he asks when and how long the trial will take (2-3weeks, late Jun-early Jul he was told), and said, that sounds like a good way to enjoy the summer. I do not think he was being sarcastic either.

Just like old times, Dewey and Siffer back at each others throats! :) Siffer, one thing Dewey does is to deliver lots and lots of valuable, very valuable inside intelligence, so we can, and do tolerate his antics. We all love you too, but you have not given us any good information since telling us you met Rossi in Sweden, and that you are with HF in some capacity.

So time to provide us some intel so that we can overlook your flamboyant ways. Something we can not already get from the court documents. Hmm...maybe something about what is going on with HF?

If it had produced remotely as much heat as you imagine (10 times input), I.H. would have gladly paid the $89 million.

And if IH had not paid the $89 mil in that case, Woodford, instead of Rossi, would be suing them.

This is so crazy, IH says it all over their testimony...they simply wanted Rossi to produce something. Anything. They did not care with what Ecat type; single Ecat, Hotcat, 6 pack, 30 cylinder, 1MW, or whatever, they just wanted to see him deliver.

That is why they (IH) were so flexible with the "genius", yet ironically, some choose instead to interpret IH's tolerance as meaning IH is the evil, gullible, and incompetents in this story.

Dewey, BTW, my check is late.

It may not sit well with some but if we take the legal view, that is what may likely happen

The fact you have to cater to the few whom this: "may not sit well with", to me is a testament of just how ridiculous this discussion has become. As BH pointed out, and more than a few others, once the accuser destroys his own evidence he bases his suit on, it should all be over. Yet, here we are arguing with a few flat earthers, whether the earth is round, or not, and there is IH still in court, after showing Rossi, in his own words, admitting he destroyed his own evidence against IH.

Just to keep me sane, I try to convince myself we are arguing with a very, very small minority who could look at the evidence and find fault with IH, whom somehow found their way to LF. But then there is that Judge....

I'm not trying to buy more time to believe. This is not a situation where if IH is wrong, then Rossi is right or vice versa. Both sides appear to be behaving like slippery snakes, as I stated in my first post in this thread. The only side I'm on is promoting LENR for the betterment of our world and the easing of human suffering. And that's not what I see here on either side on the basis of these documents. Yet I still naively cling to the hope that at some point in the future I will be surprised by Rossi or IH or both. But I won't hold my breath.

Josh,

I am just confused as to what this smearing of IH accomplishes? You, and the few remaining Rossi supporters seem to be on an all out attack of Darden/Vaughn's character. Even going so far as to blame IH for letting Rossi screw them, as if that reflects negatively on them -makes them the bad guys, instead of Rossi. Just a head scratcher to me.

I have read most of the testimony, and to be honest TD/Vaughn come across as very forthright. Can you say the same about Rossi? :) They knew Rossi was difficult to deal with before they made contact with him. Studied his very colorful (being generous) past, yet still thought it worth the risk to see if he really had something. They took on the venture mostly for humanitarian reasons, and secondly for making money if it panned out. Anything wrong with that BTW? And may I add, Rossi chose them also, but IMO for a totally different reason...

He (Rossi) had turned down previous joint venture offers from ENEL, NI (according to Cures), and rejected Elon Musk's overtures according to Lewan. There were probably others, but the fact is, Rossi finally accepted a deal with a technically naïve real estate VC (IH), that really made no sense, unless he considered them the gullible marks he had been waiting for.

So you seem upset IH is gullible, and incompetent, but that is why Rossi chose them.

JoshG,

By your logic, the bank should be held accountable for being robbed, or maybe a better analogy would be you, IHFB, and the other two that post here are just "shooting the messenger". IH being the messenger that Rossi is a crook, and deceiver.

With all the documentation now available, you can cherry pick enough to paint even JesusC as corrupt, or Einstein stupid, so taking TD down a notch or two with a snip here, a snip there...everwhere a snip snip, :) is a cakewalk.

Doing so though, may make you feel good and buy you a little more time to believe, but will not make Rossi/Johnson/Fabiani/Penon/Bass honest men, change the 1MW data, or bring back all that piping Rossi repurposed.

IHFB,

Yes he did say there was steam, but not high pressure steam. I'd be careful with that, because that may be the "serpentine pipes" with "heating strips" on them, that Bass helped put up.

Anyways here is what Stokes says about the JMP side:

Q. You're almost done. Come on.
    2 A. One megawatt is one million watts. That
    3 is the equivalent of 10,000 100 watt light bulbs.
    4 Try to visualize 10,000 100 watt light bulbs and know
    5 there was nothing on the other side of that gray wall
    6 that would have consumed that much energy.
    7 Q. How about half of that much energy?
    8 MR. ANNESSER: Objection to form.
    9 MR. NUNEZ: Object to the form.
    10 THE WITNESS: Not at the time I was
    11 there.
    12 BY MR. PACE:
    13 Q. How about a quarter of that much energy?
    14 A. Not at the time I was there.
    15 Q. How about a tenth of that much energy?
    16 MR. ANNESSER: Objection to form.
    17 THE WITNESS: Possibly.

I checked, and everything else I said is in 207-52. Looks like I still have a clean, no FUD, record.