Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

Bob,

Thank you so much for the scoop on Piantelli. No one understands why he has chosen to stay so secluded, for so long, with so much to offer. He is Dr. NiH afterall, and has been for 25 years. I even remember a symposium 3-4 years ago where his assistant filled in for him due declining health, and lectured that they (NichEnergy) should have a commercial product within the year.

BG also visited him in Italy as you surely know, where he agreed to a cooperation with MFMP. That caused much excitement at the time, as would be expected. Unfortunately, we never heard another thing about that. The gossip afterwards was that Piantelli had been reined in by his company NichEnergy. Lame excuse if you ask me, and sadly par for the course in LENR.

As you well understand, the peanut gallery is getting a little frustrated with empty rhetoric, and unfulfilled promises, so I would appreciate you shedding a little light on Piantelli. For that matter, whatever you know, that no else knows, but never said because this is LENR after all and that is the norm, :) , that you want to tell us to keep our morale up...well, let us hear that too.

From Tom Darden' Email:

Prior to beginning work in Switzerland, we saw results that were more compelling than
    we had seen previously during our testing and development period, from
    September, 2013 through January, 2014. Similar results were reported to have
    occurred in Italy, before we were involved, but we had not seen dramatic
    evidence of energy production

That is poorly worded and open to interpretation. I guess by the time Darden wrote this, he knew enough about LENR to know that everyone in the field writes so vaguely, that what they say is open to at least two interpretations. Give him a few more years and he will have mastered the three-body lingo that defies any interpretation. :)

But Darden is definitely saying they saw some results that were compelling sometime before Lugano (Switzerland). And if one reads the rest of the paragraph from 167-02, he goes on to describe somewhat excitedly "reactors explode", although not "violently". Talks about "melting", along with exploding too, after noting the strength of SS, and how 1500C is "far beyond our operating temperatures".

No doubt to me, in Feb 2014, Darden was saying some good things about the Ecat. Nothing though, that would come close to what Rossi promised to deliver.

It's quite funny how a lot of really smart grown up people are behaving like kids when it comes to the IH and Rossi affair. I am quite sure that not even IH knows for sure if Rossi has sth or not since he definitly behaved deceptive to a certain degree, The fact that other people like me356, parkhomov and so on claimed to have success (which of course still has to be proven) let's me think that there is at least some truth in his claims.

Hans,

So you are claiming we are young at heart? :) I will take that as a compliment.

As to your: "there may be some truth in his (Rossi) claims", I and many others, including Lewan, would agree. Rossi having a smaller, and less reliable effect than he claimed, being the theory, best IMO, explains much of the baffling behavior on the part of the many characters in this story. It makes a lot of the pieces fit together, where the other two options: 1. he has nothing at all, or 2. he has all he claims, do not...or at least to me they don't.

Most of us never understood why Rossi never went to a big company in the beginning, proved his Ecat to them, and become an instant billionaire. Or why he mostly did carefully controlled demos...although I will admit the one time he allowed ST do a real test (failed) is a head scratcher, as it was so out of character for him. How he was accepted by Focardi/Levi, and the other UNIBO Physics Dept. professors in the beginning. Certainly they would be suspicious of anyone walking in the door with such aclaim given their years of NiH work, and would have given Rossi a real work-over (DD), before accepting him. And why Kullander/Essen came to believe in him. Why he would *allow* some of his demos to fail, and others to be successful...why not make them all successful if they were fake?

His having a little something, would also explain why IH stuck with him so long. You read the court documents, and there is no doubt they saw something early on that obviously tickled their imagination, as so many others before had. Reading Document 167-02 again -which was written 6 months after the 1MW arrived in their NC plant, Darden mentions not one time his frustration that Rossi had not yet started the GPT. Instead he seems dazzled by some things they saw. I think that as time went on they came to the same realization as us...that yes, Rossi has something, but nothing like what he claims. They saw enough though, that they did not kick him out the door, and demand their $11.5 million back (until Rossi sued that is). And may be why they went along with Doral when proposed, and stayed with it even after realizing Rossi was setting a trap for them.

Of course, if IH believed that, it would also put them in a difficult situation as to what to do both with Rossi and the tech? He clearly did not satisfy the contract agreement terms, lied to them, so they legally owed him nothing. But he did give them a little something of interest, that may be workable with the right talent...Rossi being too difficult, and paranoid to work with. So in IH's shoes, what would you do...with Rossi, the patents, R/D, bringing in other players from the field that may be able to help...like BE?

Peter,

As you always say; "if you do not speak Iranian, do not try and speak Iranian", ;) so I will leave the Lugano/Parkomov ash analysis to those of you that speak the language.

However, I do speak Rossisays, :) and would like to remind you...if you did not know, that Rossi has salted an ash sample before, and admitted doing so. In 2011, he gave Kullander a sample salted with Cu , admitted years later on his JONP to doing it, then justified his trickery by claiming he had informed Kullander of what he had done at the time he handed over the sample.

Unfortunately, poor Kullander seems not to have heard what was told him, and went on for the next 3 years -until his death, lecturing on how the Rossi Effect might convert Ni>Cu, exothermically, with no ionizing radiation. There is a lesson in this for those willing to listen, and that lesson is how Rossi treats his friends.

Another point I would like to make, is that we now know from the last document dump that Lugano was not independent. Rossi/Fabiani probably were there most, or all, of the time. It also appears that only 2 of the 5 Swedes were there on occasion. That leaves Levi and Foschi, and my guess is that Foshci seldom visited, leaving Rossi's friend, and staunch believer, Levi there to assist, or vice versa. An arrangement that Levi neglected to mention in his report.

Oh, and yes, almost forgot...did you know Levi was an amateur magician? He really is! So in all honesty Peter, can you trust that the Lugano ash was not salted? We all hope it was not of course, as that would alone would make it impossible for the scientific mainstream to ignore...if verified But I am about all out of hope when it comes to Rossi.

The Lugano team deserve to have everything criticized. The report is a full of errors, some serious, some minor. It is hard to believe that such esteemed Professors could make such a series of blunders. But they did, regardless of their affiliations and special knowledge.

The professors had plenty of opportunities to defend their report, yet did not. Had they done so, this issue would have been resolved, one way or the other, long ago. Almost immediately after Lugano's release, there was controversy. The professors knew this, as they responded by promising to address questions through the Elforsk (a sponsor of the report) website. That never happened though, and no reason for their not following through on their word, was ever given.

Since then, thanks to Lewan's occasional reports, we know that at the least, the Swedes on the team kept themselves informed as to developments, so there is no excuse for them not speaking up. Now, from the recently released 167-05 document, we see that Levi himself had been following developments also, and like the others, has no excuse:

"Mr. Sha then asked me a series of formal questions about the Lugano Report. All of the critiques and questions that Mr. Sha asked me had been raised previously raised in blog posts that aim to discredit Dr. Rossi and the Lugano Report.; none of Mr. Sha's questions had any scientific basis or varied from the unscientific attacks made in the blog posts"

Lugano is dead by any scientific measure. It has been reviewed by GSVIT, Bob Higgins, MFMP, Thomas Clark, Andrea Calone, Paradigmnoia, and all have concluded there were major errors in the methodology. Not all conclude there was no excess heat, but all have concluded the Levi team results can not be trusted, and do not meet basic scientific standards...therefore worthless. By their neglecting to address these criticisms, as any scientist would be expected to do, the Lugano team has by default admitted their results are not defendable.

LOLs Zephir, you are just too smart for me. Seriously. I have been accused of appeal to authority many a time...which I confessed to, and now you have nailed me on something I never heard of: "appeal to ridicule fallacy". And yes, I confess...again. You got me.

There was a little seriousness to what I said, but not much.

IH is virtual company connected to CIA attempting to steal his IP and to suppress and delay cold fusion in the USA like many other fossil lobby companies

You sure IH is not connected to the Mossad instead? :) After all, lots of Israeli names keep popping up, and those guys make the CIA look like amateurs.

Just teasing, but come to think of it, the Israelis would benefit tremendously were a viable LENR+ tech to emerge. Dry up some of that oil money funding their destruction, destabilize their enemies...if it is possible to destabilize a mid-east country any more than what they already are.

OK, no more conspiracy talk for me today. I'm done.

1351-rossi-1-mw-brrrr-jpg

Para,

I do not remember this one from before? It appears to be from Doral, as he is very skinny as he was in Doral, and the only photo we have of him with a stethoscope was from Doral also. If so, it would be very odd for him wear a jacket in the semi-tropical climate of Miami, inside a 1MW plant, which was inside a small warehouse.

Love the captions of the other photos BTW. Worth a look see for others. I think the captions were from MYs old internet hangout, which I now forget the name of.

Note: Sorry, pic would not attach.

Well, I skipped around so as not to waste too much time, and at 1:04 he answers a question about the home unit, and talks about getting it certified.That is old stuff...maybe circa 2012? Plus his English is almost unintelligible, like it was in the beginning (his English is much better now according to Dewey :) ). Surely Can is right, in that it was from 2016 on WCTN, but the interview itself sounds like from years before.

Surely nothing new, unless I skipped over the good part. Maybe some junior member of LF can be tasked to listen to the whole thing, just in case? :)

Sherlock,

I liked what you said about BG, right up until you compared him to Sterling. Yes, I can see your point about the abnormal religious aspect, but Sterling was a child molester also. He even talked about his desire for under age children on his PESWiki. Never will I forget reading him in real time talk of his desires...so weird. I have not tracked Sterling since the Salt Lake City District Attorney filed child molestation charges against him, but I would think he is in jail by now...and probably very popular there. ;)

That said, BG went off the deep end as you said, and hopefully he did not take MFMP down with him.

THEDEBATE,

Patent law is very complex as you say, and if LENR is ever accepted it will add another layer, or two, of complexity. Almost since FPs there have been patent applications submitted, and most if not all have been rejected. As you may recall, the USPTO ran a secret program called SAWS -I think that was the acronym, that was designed to kill publicly controversial patent requests such as LENR related. SAWS was made public a few years back, and then shortly thereafter discontinued.

So there is a big backlog of these older, rejected applications laying in wait. I would think that once LENR is accepted, and the LENR floodgates open, in many cases these older researchers (if still alive) would have a legal argument for "prior art",...even though time is limited out. That may come as a surprise to many of the present day LENR researchers who thought they were doing something novel, only to find that someone else beat them to it. It could be a real mess to sort it all out, and costly.

Even if they do have something novel, the cost to get a patent approved is costly, and after approval it takes more money to defend against the sharks that are sure to circle. The lone garage tinkerer like an me356, would not stand a chance in that environment, and IMO are wasting their time going secret for that reason. If they truly think they have something and can prove it, they need to partner up with someone, or something with the deep pockets needed to fight the costly legal battles sure to come.

Only one safe it seems, may be BLP, as they have such a unique approach, I don't think anyone has gone down their road before.

My hope is that they are moving on and performing new tests with systems they have designed. If they can produce rock solid results -- hopefully self sustained operation like Songsheng achieved -- with their own fuel and reactor, the results will hold ten times the significance of any previous E-Cat test

If you are talking about IH, Dewey said on here the other day that IH was abandoning NiH. I wrote a post earlier today about that in light of the new documents, which as Sig notes, could possibly look incriminating to IH, and that maybe IH/Dewey said what he did to make IH's actions appear less incriminating.

When the suit is over, with Rossi either in jail, or wearing a Nobel science medal, while prancing around his new billion $ mansion facing Miami Beach, IH will be actively back in the NiH game...maybe.

If I read Darden's status email correctly both Rossi and Fiabini were to be present for the 3rd so called 'independent' test (Lugano) the entire time with the other professors showing up on occasion. This is getting to be too much.

Peter,

Good point. It was not spelled out that way in the Lugano report authored by Levi either. He was very clear that this was independent in the true sense of the word. Nor did he (Levi) mention the Swedes would be dropping in from time to time. He also wrote in the report that Rossi was only there to start it up at the beginning, and came back at the end to assist draw the fuel sample, but we now know Rossi/Fabiani, were there maybe the whole time.

One would think with the huge importance of this test, were the Hotcat to be proven real, that Levi, and those that signed the report, would have been much more careful in describing the roles of all. Especially Rossi's, considering the controversy over Rossi's participation in the first Hotcat Ferrara test, and their saying it was "independent", when it was not..

sIG,

Thanks for the good summation. Somehow though after reading it all, I get the impression Rossi, his lawyers, and maybe some here, feel the Lugano profs were off limits to IH. That Rossi, and Rossi alone had/has the sole right to communicate and work with them.

However that is not the case, as IH was invested in the Lugano Hotcat, and the outcome, every bit as much as Rossi was. Both parties acknowledge the Lugano reactor was built at IH's facilities. Darden even worried that they had put it together perhaps too quickly before shipping it off to Lugano. Darden also mentioned that they wanted to have it tested there in NC, but Rossi did not want the profs having to fly back and forth.

Being that this was a joint venture, IH had every right to contact, email, show-up on their doorstep of the profs, or whatever to discuss with them their Lugano results, methodology, clear up this or that, or even to inform them of any new developments like Dewey did. They signed onto testing in the first place, and part of their responsibility then would include answering questions as needed. Even uncomfortable ones. Of course, we know they refused from the get-go to answer any questions, choosing instead to bury their heads in the sand.

So sorry, I have little sympathy that they felt pressured when Dewey advised them that Lugano was "increasingly controversial". It was always so, and they knew it...what cry babies.

OG,

On top of what Paradigmnoia said, in one of his case submissions Rossi accused IH of being incompetent, as they had been unsuccessful in replicating his tech, where the "Royal Academy of Sciences (Nobel dudes)", or who we know as the Lugano profs, were successful. The implications being that if they could not do that right, they are a bunch of bumbling idiots not to be trusted with things, say...like the GPT.

Also, part of IH's counter suit claims Rossi did not give them a working technology they paid $10 million for, making their patents they bought the rights to -worthless. If Rossi could convince a jury, or judge, that Lugano...er I mean the Nobel team, proved that one of Rossi's techs worked in overunity, IH's claims were meritless, and their request for their money back would be denied.

Well, whether or not DF and Cures are the same person, the Customer that one-or-the-other-or-both was representing never did purchase a Plant

Para,

Very true. I think it was a little over a year ago (Jan-Mar 2016?) I posted a Rossisays from his JONP, where he had been questioned about what ever happened to that first plant. Rossi surprisingly admitted the customer never made the first payment. On Ecat.com...official website of Leonardo, run by Hydrofusion, it states that all potential customers are allowed first to do their own test (DD), and then if they are satisfied, purchase. Either they did their DD and found the 1MW lacking, or this is another fabrication by Rossi.

Point is, he finally, years later, did admit the thing was never sold. My guess is that he found the issue too thorny, was getting too many questions about it, he was either about to initiate his suit against IH, or just did, so decided to lay it to rest.

I'm actually impressed by Darden's initial depth of understanding and perception of the situation, and it shows me he was sincere, at least initially. I think by February of 2016 he was panicking. He made an apparently miscalculated (and probably rushed) decision to bring in the Israelis in an attempt to underhandedly influence Levi, and possibly others. What I keep going to in my mind: why did Darden feel that it was necessary to go to such lengths if IH was as confident about their position as Dewey makes it seem. Why would Darden have to go to such lengths if there was nothing of interest here? There is something very fishy going on here, and we haven't seen the bottom of it yet.

I think all in all it points to there be something very important at the heart of this story: i.e., that the e-Cat probably works to some degree. Maybe not at 50 COP. But the IH folks have not pulled out all of the stops--for nothing.

IHFB,

I think a lot of us can agree with what you said. Welcome to the club!