Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015

Posts by Shane D.

MrSS,

I know you are still smarting after I rated BrLP over Rossi. Two "down votes" from you just today hurts! All because of Rossi!

But Rossi is a hard commodity to defend nowadays....don't you think? Even you have had to reach down deep to do so it seems.

Look, I know Mills sticks in your throat, but if you really look into him, I think there is a very strong argument that he has traveled a more righteous scientific path than Rossi.

Just give it some thought.

Rigel,

Don't waste your time trying to reform the juvenile delinquent. Many, including moi, have tried for 5 1/2 years and none succeeded. Wasting your time. He does not want to play nice, or be accepted. He gets his jollies shocking others. He just loves to shut down debate with his aggressive questioning, as he did on Forbes recently. BTW, he has done that many times elsewhere over the years too.

A side benefit of his bully ways is to keep others from prying into his professional skills. He basically has none, but amazingly many think he has some "expertise" in calorimetry, because...well, he says he does, and any that dare quiz him on that; he huffs and puffs, and scares them away.

Except me. :)

Say what you will about Mills, but after watching that video no one can doubt the guy is brilliant. Every step of the way he has based development on his theory, and so far the two (R/D) appear to be in sync. I always wondered why he evolved his prototypes from the earlier light water cell, to the CHIT, to this plasma/suncell concept...each radically different in form and appearance, and he explained it all had to do with scaling up. Until this latest version, if they tried to wring out the full power capable, certain parts melted or exploded. Dead end. Even with this latest and supposedly final iteration, he had the same problem, but came up with the ingenious idea to use the liquid Ag, because...hey molten is already destroyed.

If Mills is a scammer, he makes Rossi look like an amateur by comparison. In stark contrast, Rossi does not understand science/theory, staged or tightly controlled every one of his demos, relied only on trusted friends to work on, or test, the Ecat, and *never* had a truly independent test. Mills has checked all those blocks on his road to scientific discovery and invention, and more.

What took you so long? I noticed those deletions this morning. Don't feel bad as I was one of those deleted, and have been smarting ever since. I am very sensitive afterall. And just because of "Something about Mary"...great movie by the way. :)

Alan went on a binge last night apparently. Not sure why, as what I read, by forum standards, appeared pretty benign. It would not hurt for him to ease up a bit if you were to ask me. Moderating is a fine line moderators have to walk, and overall I think Alan has done that well, until last night.

Eric,

Keep in mind that while we may be moochers, you not getting out Documents 83/84 before Abd may be grounds for divorce! :)

That said, as always, thank you Abd,, and yes you too Eric. My guess is that no matter the legal maneuverings of Rossi, et al., the outcome is pretty much assured at this point. Just what IH has presented to the court already is very hard to defend. Only hope for Rossi at this point IMO, is to get this in front of a jury. There, as we all well know, all bets are off. That is his only chance. But there is a smart Judge standing in the way of that.

I think I have this figured out. If you want to gain LENR immortality, and be talked about for decades to come...claim to have pieced it all together, withhold details due safety, and or IP reasons, then quietly slip away after getting your fill of glory. Or if you want to make money and glory, do steps 1/2, then open a blog to attract some humanitarian investor, get the money and then slip away. :)

Never, I repeat never, claim you think you may have something, open source the details all over the place and stick around, or you will become a human pinata! Soon to become just another messy casualty among many, and then quickly forgotten. :)

In a nutshell, LENR makes legends of those exhibiting poor behavior, and pariahs of the sincere and honest. Rough field.

BTW, what did happen to me356? ;)

Speaking of Siffferkoll; where is he? As you may recall, he is affiliated with Hydrofusion (staunch Rossi supporter/licensee/official Leonardo website keeper) in some way. He even met with Rossi. Last I heard from Siffer was when I asked him why HF does not provide some public announcement of support for Rossi, and the Ecat they are licensed to sell. With the legal proceedings casting doubt on their product, you would think they would want to get on record in defense?

Also, when Siffer comes back, maybe he can give us an update on Rossi's plan to host a QuarkX demonstration/demo there in Sweden...I assume at Hydrofusion's facility, this February? http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…of-quarkx-sweden-and-usa/

Or if the Swedish branch for the industrial production of the 1MW has started up yet: http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…he-production-is-started/

Axil,

I was referring to this comment of yours from that thread:

"If IH is investing in Dr. Kim's theory, IH is actually investing in the ill fated Defkalion technology. The common wisdom is that DGT had nothing. But this latest move from IH speaks against this nonsense. IH does not permit dimwitted venial jealousies to prohibit them from looking for the diamonds in the rough. IH believes the Dr Kim has those sparkling diamonds stored in his memory banks as informed by the experiments that he observed at Defkalion. This teaches us that the jealous rantings of so many infamous characters mean nothing when it comes to the pursuit of money. Once those slanders have done their disgusting work, it is time for the smart money to pick up the pieces and turn shard reminisce of the dreams and genius of the defeated into gold. This also teaches a lesson about the FUD operations and the war to dominate that they come from directed at putting the competition out of business so that the smart money can take advantage of the never ending FUD storm."

You sound like the polite white people of Atlanta, Georgia circa 1970 who would never think of joining the KKK, and who bemoaned the fact that black people just were not qualified for jobs, and black kids seemed to drop out of school for no apparent reason. It couldn't have been because segregated black public schools got a fraction of the funding white schools got, and they were so overcrowded the kids had to go in two shifts, morning or afternoon. It couldn't have been because the buildings were filthy, dangerous and without labs, equipment or a library. No, there had to be some mysterious deep reason, probably race related, and those nice white folks were not going to look for it either.

Well, that seems to be a bit off topic! :) Not defending Mary, but while he is probably one of the few "white people" posting here ;) , he is definitely not polite, and I think he is from San Diego, California, not Atlanta.

Yeong E. Kim, from Cumberland & Western Resources, Low Energy Nuclear Reactions, $2,488,596

Kim, Yeong E; physics, from Industrial Heat LLC, $469,327, “Low-Energy Nuclear Reaction Research (LENRR).

Little doubt DGT was bogus, but it seems odd Prof. Kim would attract $3 million from IH/CWR for his theory only. That is not even patentable, and his is only one of the many unproven theories floating around. None of which -with the exception of Mills GUTCP, has been fully, 100% backed up by experimental results.

So why then would they give Kim so much money? I would think there must be something practical he knows, that makes him valuable to investors seeking LENR+ commercialization. Yet, his only practical experience seems to have been with DGT and their Hyperion, until later when hired as a consultant by Cyclone Engines:

http://www.e-catworld.com/2013…wer-technologies-on-lenr/

Like everything LENR, there must be something more we don't know about. This does not add up, unless, as Axil/Gluck have claimed, DGT had something and invested in Kim to extract that know-how.

Mary,

http://ecatnews.com/wp-content…_Test-protocol-signed.pdf

http://coldfusionnow.org/wp-co…-ICCF-17__Paper_DGTGx.pdf

https://mospace.umsystem.edu/x…sisReactionMechanisms.pdf

Defkalion did wrap themselves with at least a thin veneer of scientific credibility. Without which, I doubt they would have gained the traction they did.

The first link is to the test protocol Michael Nelson (NASA engineer) followed in verifying an earlier version of DGT's Hyperion reactor. Nelson is no dummy, so that gave them some legitimacy. As I recall, Nelson did not do this evaluation representing NASA, but was funded by a good samaritan individual or group.

Second is just an internal DGT report, but it is detailed. The third link is interesting though. It is Yeong Kim/John Hadjichristos', ICCF18 presentation where they show COP 3. Yes, DGT's video demo at the same conference revealed their fatal error/trick with the water flow, so their excess heat claim can be dismissed. But in this presentation they also reported "Ni even isotopic shifts" with that "observed" excess heat. No shift for the odd isotopes.

And from LF recently, we also found out that in 2015, Prof. Kim (University of Purdue) was funded by both IH, and Cumberland Western. Lots of money involved, so IH/WC must trust Kim's skills:

Nevalinna on Cobraf : Yeong E Kim funded by Industrial Heat and Cumberland & Western Resources

Note to self: If Krivits ever calls (not that he ever would), do not answer. Guess we can put him in the book "LENR, and it's colorful cast of characters". :) I think Ritter directed here to LF, because he knows Krivits yellow journalism has been noted and discussed here before. Even our ever so nice a person Nobelist Dr. Josephson has been a target.

I don't know if anyone noticed that Brian Ahern wrote a "Letter to the Editor" today, in response? Nothing said about Krivit's style, but he did say he will try and replicate the Thermacore 1996 "run-away", with the help of some Thermacore employees who were there. Good to see him back in the fray.

Didn't you know, nothing involving LENR is so straightforward as to be only about money? Here is just a taste of the Defkalion/Stremmenos story by Sterling Allan (PESWiki creator, and jailbird):

http://pesn.com/2011/10/12/950…_of_Lies_and_Megalomania/

Read below Stremmenos' letter where Sterling does a nice summary.

Lots more developed after this, and much more before that Sterling did not have the space to mention. DGT deserves it's own separate chapter in the growing book of "LENR, and it's colorful cast of characters". To piece it all together, all one has to do is type in "Defkalion/Stremmenos" in the search box on ECW. Or you can wait for the book. :)

You just have to love this whole saga. It has been rich in personalities, crosses international boundaries, money, greed, and best of all, there *may be* something legitimate fueling it.

The real puzzle IMHO is why IH 'went along with it' for so long

Alan,

Maybe because Rossi is very good at playing people. He knew IH desperately wanted his Ecat to be real, and used that against them from the day they stepped into his Miami condo for their first meeting. Their desire to change the world, and make a ton of money in the process, allowed him to string them out for 3 years, through one failure to replicate to another, until he had them ready for the coup de gras...the "GPT" that would net him, and his partners, $89 million.

He is a master at this. Look at how he has used his JONP to do the same with us. All these years, we have tuned in to his every word in the hopes he has what he says. He know this, as he frequently directs everyone to the RossiBlogReader.

As an example of how he has brainwashed us through JONP; remember the Ecat? Of course we all do, but no one talks about it anymore, because Rossi does not want us talking, or thinking about it anymore. So he has diverted our attention away to the QuarkX. Voila...no more Ecat. Not a peep from him anymore about it. All QuarkX and his few followers follow suit. They take what he feeds them and instead of growing suspicious, they analyze how it might do all those things.Another win for Rossi.

He did the same when he came up with the Hotcat, to distract us away from his 1MW when we figured out there really was no "military customer" that bought the plant. It worked too, as everyone abandoned talk of the 1MW, and switched to the Hotcat.

Yes, Rossi is good at what he does. Very good.

DRM

This is a legally complex, and bulky story. Understandably, not all care to make the effort to keep up with it all. For those like myself who do, this one post of Abds is packed with good stuff.

I don't know why any of that matters. Rossi was contracted to teach IH how to produce working and sellable ecats. He never did. Contract broken. end of argument.

Every once in a while MY gets it right. Here he reduces everything down to it's essentials. A rarity for him. Contractually...and that is what this is mostly about, I have little doubt IH wins handily, as they should.

That leaves the issue of whether, or not, the Ecat works at all. Totally separate matter to be discussed IMO. That is still open for debate. I think though, for starters, we can all admit that if it does work, it is not at the COP, or reliability Rossi has claimed.