Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015

Posts by Shane D.

Peter Gluck
    March 14, 2016 at 11:14 AM
    Dear Andrea,

Please think about the possibility to help the LENR World to celebrate the 27th anniversary of the field (March 23) with a decisive victory. You could do this by publication
    of the Executive Summary of the ERV Report or even better the balance energy bought vs energy sold made by the accountant of the Customer during the 350 days of the experiment as I have asked on my blog yesterday.
    Wishing you a long triumphal technology march,

Peter

Andrea Rossi
    March 14, 2016 at 12:44 PM
    Peter Gluck:
    Thank you for your kind suggestion, I will see what I can do with the agreement of all the involved parties.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

This has been a strange post-test period. Not what I had envisioned, were the results "positive" as I do believe. From Rossi's nonchalant comment that the test was over *yesterday*, Peters revelation of an executive summary floating around among a privileged few -supposedly noting a high COP, to [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s vague statement warning of premature disclosure, and false prophets ...yes indeed, this has been strange to say the least!

Rossi seems almost detached from the results now, which is odd considering he was married to his 1MW container for 12 months. During which he admitted to losing a great deal of weight due the "stress" of the ordeal. Now, he seems bored about it, as he is on to bigger and better things. He has a new bride now...his "Quark". :)

With IHs vague statement, Peter's growing despair at those sitting on this report, apparently vetoing any attempts to release, I really don't know what to make of all this?

LEUR... Low Energy Unclear Reactions?

LOLs Andrea gave me another idea when he referred to the nucleus aspect of nuclear." Low Energy Nucleus Reaction". Anti-nuclear activists will be scratching their heads trying to figure out what that means, and LENR will stay true to it's effect. :)

So there seems to be the possiblity that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] tried to pull Rossi over the barrel by letting him work for [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] and issue the patent applications under the name of [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]? So when the patent is accepted, it's [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s IP, not Rossi's...

Barty,

That would be one scenario. Another would be Rossi lead them to believe they had bought rights to the Ecat, but once their$12 mil transferred to Rossi's bank, found they only had bought "some rights" to the HotCat, or "Ecat-HT", as it is referred to on the official Leonardo website "Ecat.com". Classic "bait and switch".

Whatever though, something DID happen between the two as neither seems too thrilled with each other right now.

See July 2008 article tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10/articles/NET1.html in regard to Krivit's accuracy and motives.

Dr. Josephson,

Thank you. So it appears Krivit's has been practicing, and perfecting his style of smear journalism quite a while. I knew about Rossi of course, but you...well no reason for that. The guy has some issues obviously. I would hope going forward those involved in LENR would refuse to deal with him. LENR has enough trouble as it is without the likes of him.

If this is really the Robert Godes of Brillouin, he had an interesting comment on ECW that may shed a little light on the issue. No guarantees his "reading between the lines" is any better than ours, but being one of the LENR+ players, perhaps he has some insider info:

"It is important to read between the lines. I suspect one of the most important statements is "any claims made about technologies in our portfolio should only be relied upon if affirmed by [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] and backed by reputable third parties who have verified our results in repeated experiments." IE people should learn to ignore statements put out directly by Rossi.In response to some of the replies...I intended the bit of "statements put out directly by Rossi" mostly in regards to the market readiness of his "products".

Just a short time ago, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] applied for their own patent based on the Lugano test results.

Axil,

I've been looking at the patents applied for by Rossi alone, and those with Rossi/[lexicon]IH[/lexicon]. Passerini, over on his "22Passi" forum, made a chronological list of patents the other day (Alain copied it here), to make his case that Rossi is going it alone now. I agree, as the patents with [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] as co-applicant seem to be describing the Hotcats from the Ferrara and Lugano tests. The latest patent activity this Feb. was only to resubmit (no change in language) an earlier USPTO app.

Perhaps [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has the IP rights to the Hotcat, and Rossi the Ecat? When [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] joined Rossi, they may have mistakenly considered the two as "one and the same" for IP purposes -hence their announcement of buying the Ecat IP rights, only to find they were different from each other? Maybe not technology wise, but just enough operational difference to differentiate them for IP purposes. That would account for Rossi's recent public, and forceful comments reaffirming he owns all Ecat IP rights.

Behind the scenes, this may be a real legal mess.

BBCK,

Thanks, we can stop the speculating now about whether, or not, there was a change in the relationship, and get on to new speculation about why the change, and for good or bad? I don't like speculation, but since everyone else is doing it...why not. :)

I agree with Axil about Rossi's temperament and inability to work well with others. Evidence being his history of going it alone. Especially obvious due his reluctance to bring his prototype Ecat to a Siemens/GE and let them R/D it.

He probably started chaffing under [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s telling him how they want things done, doesn't take much with mercurial personalities like Rossis, and finally had enough. Not good IMO. I like [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] in the picture. They are the adults in the room.

Possibly it is [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] getting better control over their communication. I believe that the whole F9 thing was required by [lexicon]IH[/lexicon].

LC,

Had Rossi not recently said that his Leonardo owns all IPs, and is doing all the R/D, I might agree with you. Never know though.

Brings up his Leonardo, since he mentions them frequently nowadays. To me, they have always been a shadowy, secretive organization. Who "they" are,; their payroll, their members, hierarchy, have always been a mystery. At least with his Leonardo Technologies inc (LTI), there were faces and a website. Nothing is known however about his Leonardo...or is there?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Leonardo were not just he and his wife. Sure doesn't inspire much confidence when I see him referring to them again.

This quote makes me think that the customer for the 1 year test is indeed an [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] owned factory

LENR Calender,

I think that is very likely. Others have come to the same conclusion. One of the best reasons I heard, was that due the "N" word and certification requirements, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] could not legally use their Ecat in an industrial operation anywhere but on their own premises.

The duration of this test, may have served the dual purpose of R/D, and certification. Although Rothwell has said it will take hundreds of these things running without incident for a long time before being released to consumers.

Barty,

Yes, all true...if Rossi was telling the full truth! It also brings up many interesting points; is [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] using what they learned from building the Ecat, making the fuel charge, starting the reaction then operating it, in their new LENR lab in North Carolina? Is that lab separate, independent from Leonardo?

Remember too, that Darden admitted them ([lexicon]IH[/lexicon]) building, then sending the Hotcat used at Lugano. That would seem to give credibility to what Rossi claimed back then about them building an Ecat, so therefore it seems a logical conclusion that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] knows everything.

As we speculate though...something in the Rossi/[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] relationship changed since it's inception. Whereas early on they were actively involved in all phases of product development, including patent applications; nowadays Rossi has made clear they are only licensees, with rights to manufacture, and market within their territory. No different, or important than the other licensees.

While Rossi/[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] seemed indistinguishable early on in their relationship -Rossi often referred to himself as IHs Chief Scientist, treated [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] as the home office, IHs name on patent apps, to nowadays where he rarely mentions them, Leonardo on the patent apps, and seems to name drop his Leonardo quite often to make some point.

I detect some falling out. Maybe even internal legal battles possibly about rights to the IPs. Vaughn's "descriptive language" of Rossi, Dardens avoiding talk of Rossi or the Ecat, support that. It seems a strained business proposition nowadays.

This is a comment from Rossi on his JONP dated July 8 2013. The "USA partner" wasn't known at the time, but would be shortly thereafter identified as [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]:

AND HERE IS AN UPDATE OF TODAY, JULY 8TH:The past three days have been holidays for most, but for us have been a tremendous period of work during which we made a historic page for what concerns our tech: for the first time, an E-Cat module, entirely produced by our USA Partner in the new factory ( a magnificence), charged with the charge made by the Partner’s CEO, using the materials we teached to buy, prepare,manipulate, treat, to make the charges, assembled , insulated, has started its operation, and the results are the same of the E-Cats built by us.
    This event means that for the first time an E-Cat not built by me, not controlled by me and not charged by me, not tested in my factory, but manufactured from third parties upon our instructions and know how has worked properly. This is the first unit of the plant that will give to the factory of our USA Partner all its necessary thermal energy, and is also the school ship for the employees.

It is very important that it has been completely made by the Customer, not by me: it is the first of millions, but the first is always special. We celebrated with Coca Cola ( alcohol is forbidden in that factory). All the former plants, even if built in the USA, had been supplied with reactors cores made by me, so this is a very important step.
    3- Technological development can require a long process, involving many changes as a technology moves forward. E-Cat is undergoing that process now. This process will continue as long as needed, until such time as the team believes the technology is able to fulfill its promise in commercial settings.
    4- E-Cat is still also in a phase of R&D, as I continue this work more findings will be released and additional technical information will be provided once practicable. As I focus on continuing my research, I will not be able to respond to each specific question.
    Warm Regards,

A.R.

So according to Rossi, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon], or at least it's CEO, would know the fuel composition, plus how to prepare it.

LOLs, Krivit's is taking is taking a page out of Gary Wrights playbook. Splashy headline: "Industrial Heats Ecat exit", capitalizing on the news of yesterday. Yet most of the article is another rehash of Rossi's PetrolDragon/TE history, painted in the most negative light, with nothing else on topic of substance. Surely nothing concrete that supports the headlines assertion. And the headline has no ? mark. It is a statement.

http://news.newenergytimes.net…ustrial-heats-e-cat-exit/

As a parting shot, Krivit's provided an old picture of Mats Lewan...with Sterling! Yes, of all the file photos of Lewan, he would chose the one that shows poor Mats next to the pedophile he just linked to Rossi in another hit piece. Just got to love this guys journalism...or can one call it journalism?

Do you think I am right in assuming Leonardo holds the rights to the IP, and this is where the financial power lies IF the test was positive? Is it right to assume Rossi still owns control of Leonardo? I think so, but [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] might have a couple of seats on the board of directors.

I was composing a reply to you, with all kinds of wild arse conjecture (just got to love this stuff :) ), when I saw that Barty posted the latest "Rossisays". If Rossi is telling the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (an old TV show), then his reply to Velda should address your points.

Tom,

So you lend your support to Krivits, as this is an "end justifies the means" case. No matter what it takes, Rossi must be taken down. Even such an unethical tactic as linking him to the pedophile Sterling, who happened to have reported on Rossi...along with championing UFOs, magnet motors, and thought he was a prophet.

IMO, Krivits didn't even need to do this in order to take Rossi down, or tarnish his image with the public...for the good of LENR of course (so noble of him), as Rossi's biography provides enough material alone to accomplish that.

Where is my "like" button? See a "dislike", but no like.

Now on topic; a couple of things to keep in mind since someone else brought up all this speculation :) :

Darden has never made a positive, or supportive public comment about Rossi. Only comment from Darden about Rossi that I recall, came at the ICCF19 last spring, when he briefly acknowledged having invested in Rossi...along with other LENR technologies. In two subsequent interviews, he again failed to address Rossi in particular, and instead focused on LENR tech in general, and that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] was building *their own* LENR lab in NC.

Vaughn was described in the North Carolina Radiation report as referring to Rossi during the inspectors visit using "descriptive language". That means curse words for the children. ;) Vaughn then said in that report that Rossi was "not credible". Even in his note to Acland posted by ECCO just now, Vaughn still does not name Rossi, and remains vague overall.

2 years ago, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] publicly reported having bought the rights to the Ecat technology. Just the other day Rossi claimed his Leonardo had ALL IP rights to the Ecat.

Then what Jimmino said about Rossi's claim above about his early on declaring himself "[lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s Chief Scientist" for awhile, then dropped the title, and never mentioned [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] again...except one response in answer to a question on his JONP.

Something, somewhere changed with the relationship between [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]/Rossi over the past two years. Sounds like for the worse. They don't appear at all on friendly terms. Friendship, and business often don't mix, so that may not matter. Rossi is known to be mercurial, so I would imagine he can be a bit hard to get along with.

How this plays into everything I have no idea, but I would be careful about getting ones hopes up for the results soon to be released...just in case.

Barty,

Or to deflate expectations in advance? Like I said, I can read good or bad into this.

But since you started ;) this speculation, I will join in. I can't see how [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] could have recently attracted such serious money without a successful test -by their definition of successful, to report of, from within their portfolio. Of course, Rossi's 1 year test seems to be the obvious candidate for that one event, but I believe [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has also invested in Brillouin Energy. They (BE) have those "multiple verifications" from truly independent sources [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] mentions in their press release. We still don't know if this 1 year test will satisfy those conditions.

However, I am guessing it will due [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s participation. But then again, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] started their relationship with Rossi 2 years ago, having announced attaining the rights to the Ecat technology, Yet just the other day, Rossi wrote that it was his Leonardo that had ALL IP rights to the Ecat. There may have been a falling out, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] disapproved how Rossi ran this test, or even that the early results didn't look promising, jumped ship, and [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] went to their next best tech...BE.

I could go on and on with the possibilities, but will conclude with some confidence that I believe [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has a good LENR tech that has been fully vetted to their satisfaction, not some little LENR, but LENR+, and are setting themselves up to capitalize on it.

Tom,

I think you are missing everyone's point. No one here is saying they have a problem with Krivits tough journalistic style...although elsewhere in LENR land some do, but in this one particular case Krivit's clearly stepped over the line by linking, or associating Rossi to a pedophile. That is really unfair. No call for it other than for spite.

By your comments, you seem to be defending him on this?

I could read so much...some good/some bad, into this public release, but won't as each would only be wild speculation. No way to answer the pressing questions of the day by reading...especially those involving the test results supposedly coming out soon. The statement was obviously designed that way on purpose so as not to be specific, name names, or even hint at names...including Rossi.

It's purpose seems several fold; publicly reaffirm [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s commitment to LENR in general (remember Darden says they have invested in other LENR techs), warn the public to beware false prophets bearing non-independent, one-off (not multiple) verifications, and trust only those THEY say to trust.

In a nutshell, they have set themselves up, or trying to at least, to be viewed by the public, investors, as THE trusted source for who/what is real, or is not, and the financial power broker for your LENR investment needs in the commercial LENR field. The LENR consumer protection agency, and investment vehicle, rolled into one. Pretty clever of them actually.

Question is...why come out with this now?