Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

The Salton Sea could produce the world's greenest lithium (cnbc.com)

About 40 miles north of the California-Mexico border lies the shrinking, landlocked lake known as the Salton Sea. Though the lake was once the epicenter of a thriving resort community, water contamination and decades of drought have contributed to a collapse of its once-vibrant ecosystem and given rise to ghost towns.

the California Energy Commission estimates that there’s enough lithium here to meet all of the United States’ projected future demand and 40% of the world’s demand. That’s big news for the booming electric-vehicle industry, as lithium is the common denominator across all types of EV batteries.

Thanks Greg. I sometimes get too busy to dig into everything posted here. In this case even what Alan posts, so I missed the significance. The LF staff has been trying to explain how important this ICCF is, being at the center of the tech and investor world, but this one very smart lady making a video in support of the ICCF just helps us in so many ways!

Alan is going to the ICCF to work, and the fundraiser is for his expenses only. Everything else he is doing gratis.

The cost of travel has gone up tremendously, and the cheapest rooms in the Silicon Valley are 4-$500 night. Restaurant prices are outrageous, and in the US you have to add in a tip. Crazy. To cut costs many of the attendees are sharing a room...including Alan.

For all he will be doing, we are getting a bargain.

They are correlated much less closely with case counts, because the time between COVID infection and a heart problem can be much longer, instead of a potential allergen peak over 48 hours or so, we have virus invading the body for a prolonged period.

These time series correlations are sensitive to time shifts - they have (I believe) not done an autoregression analysis to see how a time shifted version of the COVID incidence would fit heart admissions. So the comparison between COVID risk and vaccination risk cannot be established - and in any case could not be established in general, since it scales with the COVID incidence rate over this period. Israel was vaccinating the entire population, but only some fraction of that actually caught COVID.

From the study:

"An increase of over 25% was detected in both call types during January–May 2021, compared with the years 2019–2020"

If I read you right, you are saying that COVID induced heart attacks, and myocarditis (often confused with ACS according to the study) happen later after initial infection, than those caused by the vaccine, and the study did not take that into account?

But if so, I would say that the study used the pre-vaccine years 2019-2020 as a baseline to compare with the vaccine year 2021. Any such lag in onset of heart troubles would therefore have been accounted for.

Increased emergency cardiovascular events among under-40 population in Israel during vaccine rollout and third COVID-19 wave | Scientific Reports (nature.com)

Using a unique dataset from Israel National Emergency Medical Services (EMS) from 2019 to 2021, the study aims to evaluate the association between the volume of cardiac arrest and acute coronary syndrome EMS calls in the 16–39-year-old population with potential factors including COVID-19 infection and vaccination rates. An increase of over 25% was detected in both call types during January–May 2021, compared with the years 2019–2020. Using Negative Binomial regression models, the weekly emergency call counts were significantly associated with the rates of 1st and 2nd vaccine doses administered to this age group but were not with COVID-19 infection rates. While not establishing causal relationships, the findings raise concerns regarding vaccine-induced undetected severe cardiovascular side-effects and underscore the already established causal relationship between vaccines and myocarditis, a frequent cause of unexpected cardiac arrest in young individuals.

Well said as always, and food for thought. The reason I put this out there is for feedback from members. Like I said, this is still in the conceptual phase, so no telling where it will go from here, or how it will end.

Personally, I do not understand crypto. Probably no one over the age of 40 does. But at this point, my philosophy is that if there are willing crypto investors, and willing researchers comfortable with its pros/cons, then LF being a conduit between the two sides may be an option.

And the new crop of LENR enthusiasts/researchers are generally younger, and their generation may be more accepting of this new way to finance. We shall see.

As this idea matures, we can dig more into it. Thanks.

This is the new Danish study comparing the effectiveness against all-cause-death of the mRNA vaccines (Moderna/Pfizer), versus the adenovirus-vector (J&J/AZ):

Randomised Clinical Trials of COVID-19 Vaccines: Do Adenovirus-Vector Vaccines Have Beneficial Non-Specific Effects? by Christine Stabell Benn, Frederik Schaltz-Buchholzer, Sebastian Nielsen, Mihai G. Netea, Peter Aaby :: SSRN

And an article about the study; it's findings, what they may mean, and the weaknesses and strengths: Have People Been Given the Wrong Vaccine? ⋆ Brownstone Institute

Not sure if this (or the original patent) was ever mentioned here:-

Nano-Engineered Materials for LENR

United States Patent Application: 0220130557 (uspto.gov)

Looking around I see Gregory Byron Goble first stumbled upon this before the USPTO published it. Now it is official with your post as the application date is today (28 Apr 2022).

Klee Irwin has been talked about here on other threads about quantum gravity and such.... Quantum Gravity Research / Home of the emergence theory / Conference material by V Dubinko&al on LENR - Physics - LENR Forum (lenr-forum.com) but this patent is LENR related so good find.

I will try and find a better home for it.

Shortcut to Fusion: No more magnets, no more lasers? - Anthropocene Institute

The Anthropocene Institute has been partnering with Lawrence Forsley, the deputy principal investigator for NASA’s lattice confinement fusion project, based at NASA Glenn Research Center. He and other researchers’ work have now been highlighted in IEEE Spectrum, “NASA’s New Shortcut to Fusion Power, Lattice confinement fusion eliminates massive magnets and powerful lasers.”

In the article, Larry and his coauthors Bayarbadrakh Baramsai, Theresa Benyo, and Bruce Steinetz explain how NASA has traditionally powered deep-space travel, including photovoltaic cells, fuel cells, and radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs). Now NASA is turning its attention to lattice confinement fusion (LCF), a fusion in which hydrogen is bound in a metal lattice, encouraging positively charged nuclei to fuse. These researchers are not alone in their endeavors. Researchers at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, with funding from Google Research, achieved favorable results with a similar electron-screened fusion setup.

The authors and other scientists and engineers at NASA Glenn Research Center are investigating whether this approach can provide enough power to operate robotic probes on the surface of Mars, for instance. The good news: LCF would eliminate the need for fissile materials such as enriched uranium. The process would also be less expensive, smaller, and safer than other ways of harnessing nuclear energy.

Most promising: LCF could also find uses here on Earth as it matures. Imagine LCF powering small power plants for individual buildings, which would reduce fossil-fuel dependency and increase grid resiliency. These researchers are making significant strides in creating a new way of generating clean nuclear energy, both for space missions and for people on Earth.

Congratulations to Larry Forsley and others making breakthroughs on the LCF front. It’s time these new developments get the support they deserve.

Shortcut to Fusion: No more magnets, no more lasers? - Anthropocene Institute

The Anthropocene Institute has been partnering with Lawrence Forsley, the deputy principal investigator for NASA’s lattice confinement fusion project, based at NASA Glenn Research Center. He and other researchers’ work have now been highlighted in IEEE Spectrum, “NASA’s New Shortcut to Fusion Power, Lattice confinement fusion eliminates massive magnets and powerful lasers.”

In the article, Larry and his coauthors Bayarbadrakh Baramsai, Theresa Benyo, and Bruce Steinetz explain how NASA has traditionally powered deep-space travel, including photovoltaic cells, fuel cells, and radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs). Now NASA is turning its attention to lattice confinement fusion (LCF), a fusion in which hydrogen is bound in a metal lattice, encouraging positively charged nuclei to fuse. These researchers are not alone in their endeavors. Researchers at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, with funding from Google Research, achieved favorable results with a similar electron-screened fusion setup.

The authors and other scientists and engineers at NASA Glenn Research Center are investigating whether this approach can provide enough power to operate robotic probes on the surface of Mars, for instance. The good news: LCF would eliminate the need for fissile materials such as enriched uranium. The process would also be less expensive, smaller, and safer than other ways of harnessing nuclear energy.

Most promising: LCF could also find uses here on Earth as it matures. Imagine LCF powering small power plants for individual buildings, which would reduce fossil-fuel dependency and increase grid resiliency. These researchers are making significant strides in creating a new way of generating clean nuclear energy, both for space missions and for people on Earth.

Congratulations to Larry Forsley and others making breakthroughs on the LCF front. It’s time these new developments get the support they deserve.

Discussed here NASA’s updated Lattice Assisted Nuclear Fusion revamped site (Have Fleischmann and Pons been finally vindicated?) - Page 25 - Players - LENR Forum (lenr-forum.com)

For one thing, it is a new venue or location. That is always good for attracting attention from people who have not been exposed to LENR. Then there is the fact that Silicon Valley is probably the innovation capital of the world. Plenty of smart people running around the area, and it will be hard for them not to be aware of the ICCF taking place near by. It may make them take a first, or second look at this "pseudoscience" that refuses to disappear.

It also has a high concentration of top notch universities, and government research labs. The valley is not a very large area, and anything happening involving new tech, money, are hard to miss. Then there is the potential to attract investment money, and there are few, if any places in the world with more available venture capital.

Speaking of money, another thing that has caught our intention is crypto, and the possibility of tapping into it to fund LENR. With LF being the middle-man, connecting those seeking funding with the experts in the crypto world. We already had a very nice presentation from such a person at our weekly staff meeting.

Along those lines, we are trying to get the okay to set up a poster (past the deadline) at the ICCF showing the natural synergies between the two worlds. Some think crypto is the future in finance, we think LENR is the future for energy, and we feel bringing the two together may be a marriage made in heaven. Still at the exploration stage though, so we shall see how things develop.

I plan on going as well, while I am somewhat new to this forum I will continue to study and prepare for this event .

We the LF staff, and others in the community consider this ICCF unique (special) for being hosted in Silicon Valley. As you know, Ruby and Alan will attend on our behalf. Ruby doing a documentary with another film maker.

While they will cover all aspects of the event, we encourage members and Guests who attend to give us a report.

Probably around early June we will dedicate a thread to the event.

Like Alan said DNG, we all love you. You have been here in one form or another for 4 years I believe, so you will not be going anywhere. All I am trying to do is keep things focused, and enforce a standard that if you open a thread, it has to go somewhere. Hopefully with a LENR theme. Maybe I missed that this thread was about that (LENR), and if so my apologies.