Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015

Posts by Shane D.

Thanks for providing us this. We were told a few months ago the paper was retracted, and this confirms it.

Interesting man this Fred Zoepfl. He has been chasing after Rossi for many years. He used to post occasionally on the old Ecat News (ECN). Forgot his user name, but a Nuclear Engineer as I recall so he knows that he is talking about. Paradigmnoia probably remembers more about him than I do.

This is probably not the last straw for our Rossi supporters as they are quite resilient.

Sounds a bit like the EM drive, but I agree that confirming the millinewtons of thrust measured with an analogue system to avoid digital glitches was a clever move to gain support for the idea. However, I fail to see the relevance for this thread, perhaps you can explain Ahlfors ?

Against Ahlfors will, I moved it here from the Playground. It involved space propulsion. Who knows, maybe NASA will read it and get an idea.

Are you saying that nearly every doctor and hospital is in on this conspiracy? How do the conspirators manage to pay all those people? Why would my doctors, a GP, be part of this conspiracy? He is not asking for a grant. No one is going to blacklist him. He is not part of the media. But he has been watching unvaccinated patients hospitalized and dying for two years. So has every other doctor. They all know for a fact that unvaccinated people are far more likely to die. That is an irrefutable fact.

Wait, who said anything about conspiracy? I said that the health care industry has become corrupted. That is not a conspiracy, it is a systemic problem brought on by a number of factors...some of which I mentioned. That corruption may not have been obvious to most before the pandemic, but the crisis has magnified the problem to such a large degree, it is hard to miss it now.

Not too long ago the media kept the health care industry honest by being a watchdog, and reporting on things that were illegal, or questionable. Somewhere along the line they decided to become advocates, and activists instead, and adopted the role of enforcer for whatever narrative the health moguls manufactured. Joining in with them were the very powerful social tech giants, who used censorship to suppress dissent, and shape and frame the narrative.

We have seen plenty of proof of this over the course of the pandemic; i.e. virus origins, masks, preventive therapies, lockdowns, PCR testing, outdoor transmission, school closures, child vaccination, myocarditis, etc. where the narrative was created, and those opposed were beaten into submission, or in some cases had their careers destroyed. Mocked as "conspiracists", anti-vaxxers, or anti-science. This never could have happened without the complicitness of the legacy media, and the social media.

And Doctors are a part of the system of course, and no, I do not think they have been corrupted. At least not on an individual basis. However, they abide by what their medical college, Hospital Medical Staff Committee, Credential Committee, Department Head, and State Medical Boards tell them to do, and yes, in many areas of the country these governing bodies have become politicized, or have caved to the pressure to conform with the narrative, and damned the best needs of the patient.

Doctors are not dumb, and know all this. They know the prevailing political winds, and that if they go against it they could lose everything. Many already have, simply for prescribing a very safe drug like Ivermectin, or telling a parent they do not think the risk/reward is favorable for vaccinating their young children.

I think the stupidest ones are the folks that continue to discuss about it... It's bullshit about bullshit...

Well they think we are stupid with our COVID talk, so we are even. Another good reason we combined the threads. They get to laugh at us and we at them. :P

are inclined to think that throughout the world doctors and medical journals are lying in a conspiracy to kill people.

I think it is much more complex than something so simple as "lying". It involves revolving doors between the regulated and regulators, money, power, greed, fear of blacklisting, grant funding, along with a corrupted legacy media and the very powerful social platforms which traded in their traditional role as watchdogs for the people, and have now become protectors of the system.

It all adds up to a good reason to distrust what we are being told, and leaves many like myself with no other choice but to seek out "the truth" from more obscure, and possibly unreliable sources.

I am glad that Luciano Ondir has been highly productive since he decided to switch career paths fully into LENR (told to me directly after a few messages in Researchgate). I can’t stress enough how important that a Nuclear Engineer decided to go in this path and has been successful in publishing (I’d say this is his third paper on LENR so far since ICCF 23). That he is also interested in NASA’s LCF and proposing ways to harness it is really encouraging.

In the Fusion Science and Technology article (March 2022) that Ondir, and De Andrade wrote, were they writing about NASA progress, or their own?

3) Equations are just guesses and have little if any connection to reality.

5) Don't show me any data without describing in detail where it came from and how.

Curious what examples you have of 3 and 5? But yes, as to the other points you bring up, we are starting to sound like a bunch of kids. The level of discussion on this thread is going downhill. At one time even the COVID talk was of a high level, but now trending the other way.

Hopefully our guests skip The Playground and instead go straight to the other threads where we sound more like adults.

Real science is boring with a lot of hard and tedious work. I am focusing only on getting some more outside validations and moving forward with scaling up to larger reactors with larger outputs. The data from those devices should help to support whether we are on the right track or not.

And made all the harder when questioned every step of the way...on a public forum, for all the LENR community to see! We understand you did not have to subject yourselves to this informal peer review, but very much appreciate that you did.

Both you and mizunotadahiko have been perfect gentlemen. Thank you.

Appears to be fully geared towards hot fusion:

Japan fusion energy start-up a venture capital darling - Asia Times

Japan fusion energy start-up a venture capital darling

Kyoto Fusioneering’s latest capital raising is oversubscribed as big money players pile into its nuclear fusion energy ambitions

On February 2, Kyoto Fusioneering announced it had raised 1.33 billion yen (US$11.7 million) in an oversubscribed Series B funding, the second round of financing arranged for a company by venture capitalists.

Kyoto Fusioneering is a Japanese engineering company dedicated to solving the problem of global warming through the development of nuclear fusion energy, which produces no carbon dioxide. Spun out of Kyoto University in October 2019, it is Japan’s first fusion energy startup.

As noted on the company’s website: “Kyoto Fusioneering’s mission is to tackle the reactor engineering and technology challenges, whilst cooperating with fusion developers around the world, to rapidly accelerate the growth of the fusion industry.

“The company’s business model is to conduct R&D and design of innovative fusion reactor technologies, and to provide these alongside engineering solutions to both private fusion enterprises and publicly-funded fusion programs at global research institutions.”

Combining fusion energy and plant engineering technology, it develops materials, components and power generation systems, and provides engineering and design support to customers around the world.

Kyoto Fusioneering was co-founded by CEO Taka Nagao, Chief Fusioneer [CTO] Satoshi Konishi, Chief Strategist Shutaro Takeda and Chief Innovator & UK director Richard Pearson. They now have about 30 employees.

Taka Nagao, a graduate of and affiliated scientist at Kyoto University, was previously director of Corporate Strategy at Space BD, a Japanese provider of satellite launch and other space utilization services, and director and corporate strategy manager at ENERES, a Japanese energy supply-demand management and distribution services company.

Satoshi Konishi, a professor at Kyoto University’s Institute of Advanced Energy and director of its Institute of Sustainable Science, was previously chairman of the International Coordinating Committee for the ITER Test Blanket Program.

ITER is an international organization dedicated to building a nuclear fusion reactor. Its members are China, the European Union, India, Japan, South Korea, Russia, the UK and the United States.

As described on its website: “The ITER blanket, which covers a surface of 600 m², is one of the most critical and technically challenging components in ITER …

“The 440 blanket modules that completely cover the inner walls of the vacuum vessel protect the steel structure and the superconducting toroidal field magnets from the heat and high-energy neutrons produced by the fusion reactions.

“As the neutrons are slowed in the blanket, their kinetic energy is transformed into heat energy and collected by the water coolant. In a fusion power plant, this energy will be used for electrical power production ….”

Since nuclear fusion reactions can be hotter than the sun, “most critical and technically challenging” is not an understatement.

Shutaro Takeda, a professor at Kyoto University, has served as an International Program Advisory Committee Member for Fusion Enterprises Workshop at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and as an Expert to the Fusion Energy Sciences Advisory Committee of Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).

Richard Pearson has a PhD in Engineering and Innovation from The Open University, UK, an MSc in Nuclear Engineering from Imperial College London, UK, and is a visiting researcher at Kyoto University. He is in charge of the company’s global marketing effort, which has already made significant progress.

Last October, it was announced that Kyoto Fusioneering had been awarded a contract to provide services to the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) under its Tritium Engineering Framework. Tritium (hydrogen-3) is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen.

We are just assembling a team to apply all the physics knowledge we got from our powder research. It could well be that progress is no longer far ahead. We have the finances for phase I. But we could always use people with electrochemistry know how or physicists with PVD/Sputtering experience.

So the question is: Do you want small talk or real progress?

The way I read this is that you (or we as you phrase it) are past the theory stage, and now ready to make "real progress". Is that correct? With language such as: "We have finances for phase 1", "we could use people with electrochemistry know how or physicists", that must be the case IMO.

Very exciting, so please keep us informed. And who other than Russ George, are "we"?

I have expected nothing different of this Swiss housewives forum member... a laughing smiley as usual for people being killed by the russian invadors

His smiley involves a moderating war he and I have ongoing. Nothing to do with the Russia thing.