FactBits Member
  • Member since Jan 30th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by FactBits

Yeah, after observing your forum for a while, I have decided to join since it seems to be in need of the Russian interpreter :) I can't commit to translating large texts due to my work related constraints, but would be happy to give LENR community an initial overview, a gist, of what is coming out of the Russian scientific community and the media.

Thanks, Sergei, for posting this. This is a much more balanced article as compared to what I read in KP.RU from December of last year. Here they mention the proponents, the critics and the conspiracy theorists that explain the drop in the price of oil with the release of the Lugano Paper on Oct 8, 2014. I probably do side a bit with an opinion that release of this paper had an influence on the WTI Crude index - shortly after paper was released, I looked at the oil market data and the timing of paper release and the drop in oil futures price corresponded nearly perfectly with the timing of the publication. In any case, coincidence or market sensitivity to the alternative sources of energy, even still very distant from wide scale use, information about it starts to hit major press outlets in Russia and the West, so the process is moving forward.

Independent replication is the best way to prove the validity of the LENR phenomena even to the strongest of the skeptics... If retired physicist Parkhomov managed to replicate this experiment in his home conditions, if you watched the video, it was actually quite funny to see how he used his old cast iron stewing pot immersed in water as an internal chamber container with LENR reactor, I think scientists that are part of organizations with greater financial means can certainly create required conditions for replication of the experiment. We probably can't expect the replication of COP of 3.5 as achieved by the latest Rossi experiment, since he had time to fine tune the chemical formula for his fuel, but COP of 2.5, similar to what was demonstrated by Parkhomov should certainly be achievable. I don't want to jinx the process now, but it appears that the ease of replication unimaginable in other nuclear energy endeavors of the past will be able to sweep clean any attempts to stop the progress in this field.

This presentation is not a feview of the work by Parkhomov, even though there is mention of the latest replication of the E-Cat reactor by Parkhomov. It is a summary of the various experiments in "cold fusion" done by russian and international scientists. Except for the resolutions part, I would not call this presentation specific to Russia only - reviewed topics are generally applicable. Looks like certain members of the Russian Academy of Sciences are beginning to look at the problem of LENR more seriously and with an open mind, and that in itself is encouraging. Much of the work on nuclear transmutation and "cold fusion" in Russia stems from then highly classified work by Filonenko back in 1960s.

Well, the title of this article translates as "Obama beats Russia with a wonder-generator by Rossi" and subtitle says "Who and why spreads rumors about supermodern source of energy" - as one could tell just based on the titling of the article, it is not going to be too favorable toward the LENR phenomena, and such guess would be absolutely correct - article stands highly suspicious of latest experiment with E-Cat demonstrated by Rossi and verified by scientists from Sweden and other countries. In regards to Obama, article mentions trip by the US president to APEC summit back in the fall time and the fact that he has brought with him JT Vaughn (whom they incorrectly call american businessman of chinese descent, probably mixing up Wong and Vaughn surnames due to transliteration to cyrillic) who is one of the key investors and managing priciples in the Industrial Heat LLC of NC. Article in kp.ru makes reference to another article by Joe Shea, a known CNN contributor but they also mention that his report about the visit to China by JT Vaughn as part of the US delegation at APEC came with a tag "Not Verified by CNN". Then article continues with an interview with Evgeniy Alexandrov, chairman of the commision against falcifications in science, part of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ill-reputed organization known for creating barriers for unconventional thinking in science). In this interview Alexandrov accuses Andrea Rossi of the possible fraud during the latest experiment. Finally kp.ru reprints one of the recent negative articles about LENR that appreared in proatom.ru by A. Rimskiy-Korsakov. This was all negative... On the positive side, they confirm that group of international scientists validated results of the latest E-Cat experiment and that this area rquires further investigation. Finally they say that the greatest obstacle to the invention by Rossi and others may not be the scietific validity and correspondence to the known laws of physics, but the reluctance of the mainstream scientific establishment that built careers and spent tens of billions of dollars on termonuclear fusion to accept this humengous change in paradigm.