Posts by Simon Brink

Nonsense.

With Integral Fast Reactor technology there is enough energy for a very long time, perhaps 10,000++ years, and more if you include the natural production of uranium and thorium in sea water. By then we should have worked fusion out (hot and cold). Sure there are some issues with safety and proliferation from IFR technology which will need to be solved, but the main point is we are not going to run out of energy for a long time.

Issues likely to cause major problems for society are far more likely to come from over-population, conflict, climate induced ecosystem collapse, solar flare induced collapse of electrical/IT systems, infectious diseases, something that we never even thought of, or most likely a combination of a few of these.

Come to think of it, the biggest problem is our inability to successfully organise ourselves in a co-operative way...

There seems to be a strong correlation between the need for additional funding and media releases in mid 2014. Even though there was all this talk about a commercial prototype in 6 months, I suspect that we are unlikely to hear much at all until either the product is close to commercial release, or funds are running out and existing backers are looking like they aren't going to provide more funding. There is no commercial advantage of releasing any more info now as this is only likely to encourage potential competitors. I would not be surprised if we don't hear anything more until next year at least, if it proves to be viable.. ?( .

Simon Brink

Have you performed the experiment you outlined? How many trials have you run? Can you provide links to other people's runs of this experiment?

Thanks Simon.

I'm not aware of anyone else who has done the experiment. I did about 10 trials using a few different electrolytes, KOH, NaOH, CaOH, different periods of electrolysis, new and reusing previously used plates, etc. In just about all runs there was a noticeable temperature difference, typically 15-30 deg C during heating, and slightly less at peak. From my understanding, the chemical composition of 316ss is a key part of the story.

For anyone wanting to put together a simple and low cost demonstration in the back shed that demonstrates the LENR effect, this is a simple experiment you can do for a few hundred US$'s.

Materials: 4 316SS lighting cover plates (100mm x50mm approx.), 1 TDP far infrared heat lamp, distilled water, a 200deg C thermometer (laser type preferably, or an oven thermometer will do), 250mA 12V power source (preferably a transformer), a hydroxide such as KOH, Ca(OH)2 or NaOH,

Method: Place 3 plates in an OH(aq) solution (say 2% by mass). Connect 1 plate to the 12v positive terminal, the other to the negative terminal. The third plate is a control. The fourth plate is let out of the solution and is a second control. Allow electrolysis to take place for 2 or 3 days. Remove plates from the solution, allow to wire dry and place all plates evenly spaced under the TDP heat lamp. Expose plates to far infrared radiation and track temperature VS time for each plate.

Results: The plate connected to the negative terminal heats up much quicker that the other 3 plates.

Discussion: Observations are expected to be due to an exothermic reaction triggered by far infrared stimulation of atomic hydrogen atoms embedded into the surface layers of this 316SS plate by electrolysis. Observations could potentially be explained by either the Mills Hydrino theory or by H/Ni fusion type reaction. Given the observed consistency of increased temperature, electron orbital resizing seems a more likely mechanism rather than a fusion type reaction.