me356 Verified
  • Member since Mar 13th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by me356

Thank you for the info.

I am actually working on the interfacing with Optris Pi so we can use it directly for regulation loop. It is quite easy, altough there is some bug that prevents from working.
    I am waiting for Optris staff to help me with the solution.

Then everything will work with Raspberry Pi.

So we can use PCE-830, Voltcraft IR, GCM-300 geiger, Optris Pi. Everything with small and cheap embedded computer.

Normally you need few computers for this, but I really hate this way as it can be driven much better and more reliable for long time.

You have not understood my response.
    Obviously Rossi do not need to convince anybody at the moment. He have enough money to continue. With demonstrations he can maybe only loose. As he learned from the previous demonstrations, each one will reveal more information. The last one ended so we have enough data for replication what mean new competition for him.

If you know that something is working you do not need to loose time with demonstrations. You will finish your product and then sell it. In the final stage you will need just marketing, but in case of LENR devices it is nearly useless. Customers will come to you if other customers are already satisfied.

I can imagine very well, that after last few successfull reports it is really hard for other replicators if they want to present successfull report.
    There are so many questions always that:
    a) they want to investigate phenomenon very carefully to exclude any possible error - this can take months.
    b) they dont want to publish results because of own interests or they are afraid of publicity.

Basically if you are lucky, you can probably replicate it with cheap components. But if you want to do things really good, it can take you years. And when your test is nearly prepared, you will check that there is another major issue that should be solved. And this is just beginning.

If you want to make serious LENR research you will spend enormous time on it. If you want to bring something to the market, you have to create really reliable device and this is obviously very hard task. If something with high temperature should run for few years, then development may take tens of years even with good funding. Thus I dont see anything strange about Rossi delays..
    The worst is, that if you are doing it in a small group, after all the work you will find something much better that old one is not worth to produce yet.

This is the reason why we should work together and find the best way much faster.. But it is strange loop, because without scientific reports it will be just ignored. So we have to also believe and trust other groups in their results if it is not perfect.

I have all the data from Padua cell re-heat, but there are so many data (approx 40GB) and lot of work around that it is really hard to do analysis quickly.
    I hope that I can put at least part of it for the public inspection too.

Basically everybody is busy in preparation for another runs as each time we know what can be done better so setting everything up is taking more and more time if you want to do it well.

Good is, that with better insulation you can extend SSM. When LENR occur + temperature is high enough you can stop the power until the temperature is low. Then again, you have to provoke sudden hydrogen release, wait for temperature increase and so on.
    So extending SSM is just matter of insulation and possibly greater release of hydrogen => keeping the temperature high as long as possible => greater efficiency => higher COP.

Yes, this could be the event I am talking about - it could be the start of excess heat. I also think that we dont really need pressure under the atmospheric. Only pressure change rate is important. Sudden increase obviously is starting the process.

I am thinking about getting excess heat.. I believe that to achieve it, we need contant pressure change.

Following steps should be performed periodically:
    1. load hydrogen with nickel (slow process)
    2. release hydrogen from nickel as fast as possible (theoretically fast process)

During hydrogen release we can observe excess heat if the pressure change derivation is high enough until nickel absorb hydrogen again.

The problem is, we don't know how to release hydrogen from nickel correctly. At least after latest experiments I know how to absorb hydrogen by nickel quite well.

My theory is, that this is only caused by abnormal temperature change and possibly EM stimulation. Thus the heater should be as close as possible to the fuel, because thermal transfer is faster too.
    Hydrogen release from nickel can be easier, if Nickel has already enough hydrogen in it and/or if the temperature is higher. Thus few cycles of hydrogenation may be necessary.

GlowFish: good idea. Unfortunately the result can be worse as power measurement is mostly "slower" and not so precise so the regulation reponse is delayed. This will result in greater instability than in measuring the temperature. With faster input it is always better. But it may be really good to implement to have both.

TC may not be connected at all to observe interference.

I am thinking about making hydrogenation process better. For now it seems that it is needed to hydrogenate nickel in cycles. Maybe succesfull replicators did it by mistake or intentionally.
    Also it is possible that if we want excess heat with just one hydrogenation procedure we have to met more strict conditions (for example vacuum from the beginning, optimal pressure range, certain nickel type, ..).

Thanks, I am studying Piantelli, Focardi papers and it seems that hydrogen absorption is occuring around 120°C and more. Actually with temperatures under 200°C it can be few times faster.
    I think that we are doing this process incorrectly all the time. If it is done properly, we could see excess heat even at low temperatures.
    The problem is, we are not seeing it. Maybe it is prerequisite for Rossi effect, which is boosted by the temperature + Li.

It seems as these papers are very usefull. Even excess heat triggering is described here. There is nothing different then in Rossi system, I think that Rossi found how to move from few watts to few kilowatts but the matter is very same.

I am sure that we are incredibly near the success.

I have checked that the core tube is tight to 1350°C perfectly.
    I have checked it with another heater, thats why consumption was much lower.

I am sure that the noise is extremely high as it affects computers and USB peripherals 2 meters away.
    Everything is contactless.

TC is used to measure temperature of the core which is not possible in other way. TC can fail anytime, which is not a problem.

I am testing my new reactor with SiC element and tightness of the core tube.

Everything seems to be good. But I have reached SiC limitation around 1200W. I am getting just around 900°C. Then power consumption is exponentially higher. This issue should be addressed with a proper insulation. The highest core temperature was just around 1200°C.
    Also I have checked that SiC element is producing so intense EM field, that my IR meter (that is reading data from TC) was unstable at 800W and more.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

I am working on a much better design now that is using SiC element and will solve all the problems - you can check "Reactor parameters" thread here.
    First from all. we have to make sure that the heater can't create local overheating and also that it can't fail at these temperatures.
    Local overheating can be, from my point of view, simply seen as an excess heat if your temperature sensor is near the hot spot.
    Even when the heater is melted on a few places it can conduct and thus heat. Resistance can change abnormally and the heater can behave very strangly. So even there is less power then previously, it can heat much more on some places. If alumina tube or cement is holding it, you can melt ceramic tubes too.
    In our test that was performed few hours ago we have observed similar behavior that looked like excess heat, but because of failure of the heater we can't be sure.
    So we have to exclude all these issues so nothing can't really fail.

Ash analysis should assure us in the results always.
    If the fuel container is not damaged (and you can re-use it), it would be perfect if you can reheat it with a new heater.

In my experiments I was using ceramic tube with melting point around 2000°C but it was melted too - I was using Kanthal A1. But when the winding is failing arcs may occur. Arcs temperature can be much higher than 2000°C and can last for tens of seconds. You can see my heater after failure - to this day I dont know if it was caused by arc or excess heat. Actually both phenomenons could appear but still we dont know if excess heat from inside caused this failure.
    It was so hot, that stainless steel plate that was 5cm away was melted too (by air heat transfer).
    You can see small bubble at the bottom that was formed during failure. Alumina cement was rated for 1800°C.