fabrice DAVID Verified User
  • Male
  • from Paris (FRANCE)
  • Member since Mar 31st 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by fabrice DAVID

Quoted from Oleg :" They don't even last a millisecond. Radioactive decay. It isn't possible to get any meaningful amounts."

Are you sure? Its depends of the number of neutrons. Double magic number isotopes of Keplerium and Newtonium are quite long-living. Sufficiently to be used in deep space engines.

I was a member of the editorial staff of this scientific journal (French edition of 21st Century Science & Technology) and we defended a Promethean vision of science, particularly in the nuclear field. But I regreted the excessively polemical tone of many articles.

This was also the case with the American edition. I confess that I have never understood the usefulness of certain fiery editorials.

It is better to listen to what others have to say than to anathematize them. There are valid points of view on all sides. We often find that the people we think are adversaries end up saying the same thing as us, with different words.

Reading this video is disappointing: not only does it promote the childish “electric sun” theory that denies Fusion in the hearts of stars, but it contains errors:

What separates the arc regime from the glow discharge regime is not the energy of the positive ions, but the fact that during the arc regime, the (total) energy of the discharge (and not the boltzmanian energy of the ions) substantially alters the properties of the electrodes, and the material of the electrodes participates in the discharge.

In this, the bolts of thunder are not arc discharges, but spark discharges. In the same way, the fires of Saint-Elme are not arcs, but effluvia, (regime of sparks)

But hey, this video is interesting because it shows that more than three centuries after the first experimentsof "electric eggs" in Abbé Nollet's salon, the phenomena that take place in a rarefied gas tube are still poorly understood.

There is no simulation program which makes it possible to find, according to the voltage and the pressure, the classic striation which streaks the interior of a rarefied gas tube (Dark space of Crookes, cathodic light, ect…, ect …)

This is reassuring for experimenters like us, because we have the most advanced simulation program: our real universe.

Photo attached: I had demonstrated in my vacuum chamber the reality of the Viton-Petit effect of confinement of an MHD discharge against a wall.

lenr-forum.com/attachment/24545/

Jean-Pierre Petit, in France, and Paul Murad and John Brandenburg, in the USA were the first to propose using an "MHD bypass" (outside Russia) to slow down the hypersonic air entering the engine and then accelerate the burnt gases leaving the engine.

But the main interest of the MHD thruster is a parietal use, because it allows to annihilate the hypersonic shock wave. And without using the Viton-Petit effect, it is not possible to use a parietal MHD motor, either in the air or in the depths of the ocean.

There is no aircraft deployed in a squadron using the bypass, because the technical challenges to be met are still too great, but MHD control surfaces are probably used on maneuvering hypersonic reentry bodies of the Avangard type.

Yes, you are right: the problem of the origin of continental drift and plate tectonics remains to be explained.

I believe, like my friend John Saul, that the origin of plate tectonics begins well before the Archean, at the time of the " Great Late Bombardment".

Look at the face of our twin planet, our moon: it is riddled with craters, and the famous “seas” in which the brave American astronauts landed fifty years ago are huge circular scars that have filled with lava.

It is obvious that the Earth suffered exactly the same bombardment, as did Mars and Venus. What was the landscape of our planet like at the time when the movement of the giant planets destabilized the Kuiper belt, causing many bodies to fall into the inner solar system?

We will never know, but perhaps a biosphere and great civilizations have had time to take shape since the creation of our planet. I hope the Great Ancients have had time to see the disaster coming and migrate to other star systems, for hell broke loose around the time of the great late bombardment.

Everything that existed on the surface was transformed into plasma. Look at the effect of the meeting of the parts of the small comet Shoemaker-Levy with Jupiter: the parts are a few tens of kilometers wide, and yet the fireballs exceed the size of the Earth! It is obvious to me that thermonuclear reactions were initiated during the impacts. It was the same on our planet, but on an incomparably larger scale, and the scars of these impacts served as the seed for the subduction of tectonic plates.

These Great Scars are visible to everyone on a globe, but geologists are blinded by their certainties, as are our mainstream physicist colleagues about LENRs.

Look on this terrestrial globe: I have underlined the perfect circle of the scar of the Marianas and Sunda Islands, which intersects the scar of the Kurils under Mount Paetku, and the scar of the Aleutian Islands which intersects the scar of the Kurils under the volcano Shiveluch, in permanent eruption, and also between the Jeanette and Henriette Islands, formerly American territories.

You can have fun looking for the other great scars on a globe, or even on geological maps of the USA.

In Asia, did you notice the perfect circular shape of the Himalayas? Which official geologist could explain it?

Well, one day I will have to present a poster to an ICCF about the nuclear reactions induced by the planetary impacts that created the Large Scars. But not this year, I think I will not go to Stettin, to my great regret. I have very interesting results, but I am very late in my schedule and it would be premature to publish.

Esteemed colleagues

I have read the sad news of the passing of Philip Kanarev and I send my deepest condolences to his disciples and family. His scientific courage will inspire his disciples.

I fondly remember our discussions with Philip Mikhailovich in the beautiful mountains of the Russian Caucasus. I paid tribute to his work during my toast at the Krinitsa cold fusion and ball lightning conference in 2012:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

To be frank, I thought Godin's work in Russia (cited by Philip Mikhailovich in this talk of 2012) fell into the category of “urban legends”. I was wrong: it turns out that we reproduced his experiments in Texas, with technical means incomparable to those used in Russia, and my American colleagues obtained extraordinary results, but which require careful verification before publication.

Yes: all these news was known for years to all those who read the publications of our friend Steven Krivits.

But the analogy with Notre-Dame Cathedral is very apt. I have always been a strong supporter of the construction of ITER and I never stopped promoting this project at my very modest level whenever I spoke to a minister or an elected representative of the people.

When the first plasma fire has blazed through its stainless steel bowels, the extraordinary college of leading scientists and engineers who built ITER must not be dispersed.

There, in the garrigues of beautiful Provence, I hope that a consortium of captains of industry led by the two most dynamic and richest among them will make an offer to take over this fabulous concentration of human talents. .

-you know their name-

Together, like Hughes de Payen and his companions on the shores of Champagne country Orient Lake, they will found the industrial consortium that will build the fusion engine of the cosmic cruiser that humanity needs.

World’s Largest Fusion Project Is in Big Trouble, New Documents Reveal
    The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) is already billions of dollars over budget and decades behind schedule. Not even its leaders can…
    www.scientificamerican.com

In this old-fashioned industrial hall, with an old cyclotron from the Cold War era, Professor Oganessian's team in Dubna managed to discover 6 new elements. One of them bears his name, an honor to which neither Kepler, nor Newton, nor Lavoisier never been entitled.

But they only managed to synthesize a few atoms! It turns out that in deep space we will need the superheavy elements from 115 to 118 and even beyond, for corect conversion purposes.

It is time to use a more efficient method for the synthesis of these elements.

The Element Creator - Periodic Table of Videos
    Professor Yuri Oganessian himself shows us where his team created many super heavy elements, including Oganesson.Also featuring Professor Sir Martyn Poliakof...
    www.youtube.com

"For long unknown to men, this isle so wondrous and rare,

Was bathed in starlight of the stars and stripes of freedom fair,

Amidst the icy depths and darkness of the great North,

It guards an everlasting crater, with infernal forth.

Far from mortal sight, when its fury does awaken,

It spews ashes dissolving like salt in the salted ocean,

Only narwhals can flee from its wrath, dire and bleak,

As history foretells, the parchment will be torn, the past bespeak.

Sixty years ago signed by old Ukrainian Tsar and youthful President,

Sacrificed by young Ukraine and aged leader, evident,

August draws near, with thunderstorms and cannons loud,

As destiny's tapestry weaves, its threads unbowed."

Very interesting article of Wood in the Proceedings of the Royal Society shared by Alan Smith. Clearly related to the Langmuir Effect. Langmuir Effect is a messy trap in LENR experiments, when atomic H recombines over thermocouples. Wood was both a very good theorician, and also a skilled experimentator.

Like our friend A.G. Parkhomov who just published five days ago this text in russian in a strategic field :

Cold Nuclear Transmutations and Neutrons

(automatic translation)

Nuclear transmutations are the transformation of one chemical element into another or the transformation of isotopes. The energy of nuclear transformations is millions of times higher than the energies characteristic of chemical reactions. Transmutations occur either through nuclear reactions (in which the outer particle reacts with the nucleus) or through radioactive decay. Radioactive decay, using intranuclear energy reserves, does not require external influence. And nuclear transformations of stable elements, as was believed until recently, are possible only at very high energies of interacting particles, achievable in accelerators or at temperatures of millions and billions of degrees. Even if they are energetically favorable. This is due to the fact that with the close approach of the nuclei, huge repulsive forces arise ("Coulomb barrier"). An understandable way to break through this wall is to use projectiles - nuclei of sufficiently high energy. The only exception is the neutron, for which the "Coulomb barrier" does not exist, since this particle has no electric charge. The neutron has the ability to react with the nuclei of any element at any arbitrarily small kinetic energy.

The interaction of neutrons with matter has been studied thoroughly. Low-energy neutrons interact especially intensively with matter: thermal (i.e., in thermal equilibrium with the environment), cold and ultracold. The products of neutron capture are heavier isotopes of the same elements, including radioactive ones. Nuclei arise in an excited state. This happens regardless of the kinetic energy of neutrons, since the nuclei are excited not as a result of collisions (this is an insignificant addition), but due to the addition of a gigantic rest energy of the neutron. Transitions to the ground states occur as a result of the emission of gamma quanta. Radioactivity with the emission of alpha and beta particles and gamma quanta, as well as hard "capturing" gamma radiation, always accompany the interaction of neutrons with matter, regardless of their energy.

The phenomenon of cold nuclear transmutations (the obsolete term "cold nuclear fusion") consists in the fact that under certain conditions (electrolysis, dense plasma, hot metals, cavitations, etc.) transformations at the nuclear level (the appearance of initially absent chemical elements and isotopes, accompanied by the release of energy many times greater than the capabilities of chemical reactions) are possible without high-energy particles or extremely high temperatures. Moreover, these processes occur without the emission of hard nuclear radiation and are not accompanied by radioactivity.

Until recently, it was believed that this was impossible. There is still no convincing explanation for this phenomenon. However, the array of accumulated convincing experimental results is so large that skeptics' references to the illiteracy of experimenters and the low quality of experiments no longer work. The phenomenon is real, and it is fraught with the creation of a new type of cheap clean energy with unlimited resources.

Intensive studies of this phenomenon began after the experiments of Fleishman and Pons on the electrolysis of heavy water in a cell with palladium electrodes (1989). An abnormally large release of heat was detected. It was assumed that deuterium liberated during electrolysis dissolves in palladium. The concentration of deuterium nuclei becomes so high that with some probability it becomes possible to overcome the "Coulomb barrier" and the nuclear reaction of fusion of two deuterium nuclei into a helium nucleus becomes possible. The same thermonuclear fusion, but instead of high temperature, high density.

Further studies showed that the phenomenon is much more extensive than the synthesis of light elements. "Cold" nuclear transmutations were discovered in various experiments, in various substances, including those not containing hydrogen (deuterium). The variety of emerging new chemical elements is striking. For example, as a result of water treatment with a powerful electric discharge at the Vachaev-Ivanov installation, many initially absent chemical elements from lithium to lead arose. Most iron. To assemble an iron nucleus, it is necessary to combine the protons and neutrons contained in three water molecules and four electrons. The assumption that something similar to thermonuclear fusion is taking place here cannot even come close to explaining the totality of the discovered properties of the phenomenon.

The idea that neutrons are involved in the process of cold nuclear transmutations looks attractive, and at the first stage of research on the phenomenon it was popular. Indeed, protons contained in hydrogen-containing substances, in principle, can attach electrons and turn into neutrons. The problem is that it takes a lot of energy to do this. But let's assume that there is some mechanism for introducing the necessary energy. There is no "Coulomb barrier" for neutrons, and they are captured by the nuclei of the surrounding matter. A heavier isotope of the same element is formed. If it is radioactive, another element is produced after decay. A chain of radioactive decays will give rise to some set of new elements.

his idea is good because it gives experimentally verifiable conclusions. It is possible to predict possible ways of radioactive transformations. For them, the energies of emerging particles and gamma quanta are known. If beta plus decay is present, positron annihilation produces gamma rays with a characteristic energy. But, most importantly, hard gamma quanta are already emitted simply when neutrons are captured. All this is easy to check by conventional nuclear physics methods. But the predictions were not confirmed. The easiest way would be to detect gamma radiation. However, near installations in which cold nuclear transmutation processes are taking place, the level of gamma radiation differs little from the natural background. This alone shows the inconsistency of the idea of neutrons as the cause of cold nuclear transmutations.

It is interesting that the absence of a noticeable response of gamma radiation detectors is combined with a very significant response of some instruments designed to detect neutrons. But if they were neutrons, there would inevitably be gamma radiation. It is clear that it is not neutrons that are registered. So far, we can only say that at installations in which the process of cold nuclear transmutations is taking place, a certain agent is generated (the nature of which has yet to be established), which produces nuclear transmutations not only inside the installation, but also near it. Instruments designed to detect neutrons use sensors containing boron, lithium, or helium-3. These substances react with neutrons to form alpha particles or protons, which are already easily detected by scintillation or other ionizing radiation detectors. It is not surprising that these devices also react to the agent that causes nuclear transmutations, since among the transmutation products of these substances there are helium nuclei (alpha particles) and protons.

What to do, the idea of neutrons as the cause of cold nuclear transmutations, so attractive at first glance, has to be abandoned. The phenomenon is much more complicated, and therefore much more interesting than it seemed at the beginning of the research and still seems to some enthusiasts who do not have deep knowledge in the field of nuclear physics and personal experience in nuclear physics research. The theory of cold nuclear transmutations should not only show their possibility, but also explain such amazing properties of the phenomenon as a huge variety of emerging chemical elements, the absence (or extremely low intensity) of hard nuclear radiation and radioactivity, the need for the participation of hydrogen, clearly indicate the conditions favorable for cold nuclear transmutations.

A.G. Parkhomov, Cold nuclear transmutations and neutrons // "Academy of Trinitarianism", M., El No. 77-6567, publ. 28482, 05.25.2023

Do the balance. He4 is lighter than the sum of He3 and a neutron. Mass = energy, so if He4 were to lose a neutron to create He3 then the mass defect requires the addition of the energy equal to 0.1 mass units.

energy changes in nuclear reactions - Google Search

I don't suppose you will admit to an error? It is not my intent to embarrass you. I wish luck with your theories. If I must be your strawman, please get the math right. I know I make errors, but this is not one of them.

Yes, it's why He3 is a strong neutron catcher (one of the best) It is worrying inside warheads, because T decays in He3, and ditritium, like dihydrogen, move everywhere, incuding in the primer. The study of helium-3 in regolith and its origin still raises many questions and mysteries. Space exploration and scientific research continue to deepen our understanding of these phenomena. The study of the Moon and the lunar regolith has provided valuable information about the composition of our solar system and the processes taking place in it.

The dantesque MHD phenomena taking place on the surface of the sun may be producing deuterium fusions, who knows? (with H3 production)

Research in the field of astrophysics and cosmology is constantly evolving, and new discoveries are regularly made. These discoveries may challenge our existing knowledge and open up new avenues for research. Like LENRs, the origin of helium-3 is an example of a topic that requires continued investigation to further our understanding of its origin, distribution, and potential role in the future.

Space exploration, manned and unmanned missions and studies conducted on Earth allow us to push the frontiers of knowledge and discover fascinating new information about the universe around us. Unsolved mysteries and unanswered questions are what motivate engineers to pursue their research and continue to explore the wonders of space.

Very interesting article of researchers from FRY and Max Planck Institute and very interesting article of Kovacs, Zapatelin & Baranov. Is it possible to explains their results without the need of a new particle?