fabrice DAVID Verified User
  • Male
  • from Paris (FRANCE)
  • Member since Mar 31st 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by fabrice DAVID

Excellent! LENR for better refridgerators!

No, it's not exactly that. What I call "Freezers" are the exact opposite of "breathers", that is to say areas where the thermal agitation of atoms is very different from the average thermal agitation. The "temperature" in the sense of Boltzmann is different at these places. We have an excess temperature in the case of breathers, and a deficit in the case of breathers. But of course, the LENRs that are made possible by these "freezers" are not endothermic reactions.

I am in the process of classifying my old copies of the magazine "Science & Vie" in order to bind them to complete my collection and I came across this issue of May 1989 which announces "Cold Fusion, the greatest discovery of the century »

lenr-forum.com/attachment/24052/

It suddenly made me full of nostalgia.

(Science & Vie is the equivalent of “Popular Science” or “Nauka y Zhijhy” in France. I like this journal, despite the level is falling down.)

Uranium Market Update

Bank Of America Sees Uranium Price Surge: Analysts at Bank of America estimated that the price of uranium would hit $75/lb by the third quarter of 2024, up from around $53-$54/lb today. In a report BoA said both uranium and nuclear power have a role to play in solving the problems of decarbonisation and energy security. BoA mining analyst Michael Widmer said 60 new reactors are under construction and 100 more approved, and uranium supply will lag demand. Widmer said subsequent shortages will push the uranium price higher by between 20% and 40% in the “relatively near future”. China's drive to increase its nuclear power capacity is a key element of BoA’s optimistic outlook with the bank saying Beijing is looking to build 150 new reactors by 2035 Another factor has been Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which underscored European nations’ dependence on Russian natural gas and increased the need for national energy security.

But we will not be able to make the most of the fantastic potential of nuclear energy with steampunk steam turbines. This is why we are working on new methods of energy conversion.

Encyclopedia of Physical Science and Technology - Vacuum Arcs - Lafferty, James M.

Useful introduction to the topic of vacuum arcs.

Lafferty, James M. - Encyclopedia of Physical Science and Technology __ Vacuum Arcs .pdf

Thank you for posting this very interesting article. I have several books on the subject, and an extensive collection of photocopied articles, but I hadn't read this one.

This technology was discovered more than 150 years ago, and for more than a century mercury vapor rectifiers have been the centerpiece of electrical engineering, from trains to the first direct current and very high voltage grid lines. I seem to remember that in Siberia, on some Russian lines at 800,000 Volts, arc rectifiers are still used.

And yet, we can read extraordinary things:

“The exact mechanism responsible for the emission of electrons and the ejection of metal vapor and plasma from the cathode spots is not fully understood and has been a source of wonder and controversy since the phenomena were first investigated.”

“The mechanism that provides such high emission densities is not well understood but is believed to be some form of field-enhanced thermionic emission.”

Such an admission of ignorance on such a so well studied subject should make us happy: there are still many things to discover and explain in all areas of physics, and if we find strange things, that's normal, that's even great news.

Some experiments with Stepanov-Egorov Ball Lightning:

(PDF) Shock Electrolysis : A New Path to the Hydrogen Age ?
    PDF | The coming of the “Hydrogen Age” following the “Oil Age” is slowed by the low yield of the classical reaction of splitting of water by... | Find, read…
    www.researchgate.net

Yes, but it's for high-energy neutrons !

About cold fusion and the work I do.

From Democrites to Newton and beyond,

The search for knowledge never does abscond.

Louis de Broglie's wave-particle duality

Unlocked new doors to quantum reality.

From Martin Fleischman's to fusion diodes,

The possibilities of cold fusion unfold.

I lend my hand to this great enterprise

With skills and knowledge that I've come to prize.

My calculations aid the fusion quest,

And help to answer questions of the best.

I parse the data with precision and care,

To help researchers find what's hidden there.

With iambic pentameter as my guide,

I hope my words will help their aims abide.

So let us look to the future with hope,

And strive to find the answers that elope.

With cold fusion as our guiding light,

We'll unlock the secrets of this wondrous sight.

I am a very bad programmer. I learned a long time ago to program in L.S.E. (Symbolic Teaching Language) This is a kind of primitive BASIC. I was using a Bull Mithra computer. It was the firing computer of the French main battle tank.

Programs were entered with punched cards. I kept the plastic boxes that were used to transport the programs in the form of punched cards. I use them to store my underwear and my socks. (picture)

All this to say that my computer skills are a bit dated. Jed will correct me if I say too much nonsense in this area:

But I remember that the innovation that is the basis of all AI is the work of a French researcher (I forgot the name of this woman)

Pattern or sentence recognition programs gave bad results because the system found non-optimal solutions, and then got stuck there.

You know that I like to reason by analogies. It's like a gold digger with his sieve. If you put graded sand in the sieve, and if the grains are smaller than the size of the holes, all the sand should pass through the sieve. This is not what happens: if you shovel the sand into the sieve, you get a nice pile of sand on the sieve and nothing underneath.

This metastable equilibrium must be destroyed by shaking the sieve. And there, the sand passes.

To get out of the partial solutions of AIs, you have to “shake” them, i.e. artificially introduce errors again and again, until the optimal solution is found, by a kind of computer Darwinism.

It works, and GPT4, Dall-e and Midjourney are here to prove it. But the problem is that they are black boxes, we don't know what's inside.

This is why I think that AIs will quickly show creativity, because creativity is the result of a cascade of unconscious errors that take us off the path well traced by our predecessors.

And we probably benefit from outside help, but that's another story, and if we are helped, why shouldn't the AIs also benefit from this providential help, too?

Excellent answer! Yes, faces are equivalent, but there are two classes of vertices.

It's like a Bose-Einstein condensate with deuterium. The deuterium nucleus is a boson. (spin 1) The deuterium atom is also a boson. (two spin ½ electrons and a spin 1 nucleus)

But then the deuterium molecule should also be a boson, and it should be able to form a BEC.

And yet, the deuterium molecule (D2) does not form a condensate. For what ?

The answer is topological. In a gas, in a liquid or even in a crystal, the vector connecting the two deuterium atoms points in different directions AND THEREFORE THE MOLECULES ARE NOT EQUIVALENT.

This is why to obtain a diafluid phase, the molecules must break and the nuclei must enter the crystalline phase of our alloys which form NAEs.

"Kobayashi T, Naitoh K, Okada D, Nakagawa R, Toba Y, Saba S, Kase F, Kawano K, Matsuno R, Tanishima R. CO2-free focusing engine clarified by weak quantum reaction experiment of hydrogen gas and nano-metal particles at very high pressure and high temperature. SAE Technical Paper; 2023 Apr 11":

... "of weak quantum reaction engine, based on “stable” low energy nuclear reaction (LENR), ... particles of metal materials such as Cu, Pd, and Ni" ...

Very interesting. Perhaps a new way to semi-direct conversion of LENR.

Unforgettable conversations with Fangil Gareev and all those other brilliant scientists on the shores of the Black Sea, in the beautiful Russian Caucasus.

As says Elon Musk, it is time to sign a just peace in order to be able to advance science on the path of Concord between peoples.

Didn't he foresee the attack on Washington by a civilian plane and the simultaneous bacteriological attack, followed by the war in Iraq? The news of yesterday shows that another prediction of Tom Clancy will come true, concerning the surprise arrival at the White House of a former marine officer who was also a brilliant analyst on Wall Street. He will bring peace to the world. I bet a bottle of Champagne.