StephenC Member
  • Member since Apr 2nd 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by StephenC

If we are able to see the emission spectra from the hydrogen Balmer series. It should give interesting access to the processes going on in the cell.

If certain emission lines are suppressed for example it might imply that those transitions are forbidden for some reason or if the transmission bellow a certain energy is blocked by the electron plasma frequency for example.

slight shifts in spectra might indicate heavier nuclei or isotopes

Spectral line broadening might indicate high velocities and temperatures or maybe more exotic processes where athe state of the atom or nucleus is in transition. What would be the effect on these spectra if a H- ion was captured and moved towards inner orbitals for example?

Line splitting during EM stimulation may be interesting if it occurs

i wonder if any emission spectra from Helium is seen this could be very good proof of LENR process if it occurs.

Are visible spectral emissions from the lithium or nickel or tungsten also seen?

i wonder if we had a broad spectrum light source behind the cell if we would see any absorption lines or broad spectra effects as well.

Dewey Weaver. I must admit I'm rather curious about your point regarding 100.1 C. I suppose a real temperature reading of at least 100.1 deg C is needed to ensure water is in gas form rather than a liquid at air pressure. Is this your point some how? I wonder if there is some part of the device where water in liquid form is not desired during maintenance and is deliberately maintained above this temperature by thermal insulation and additional heating or something? Or are you saying it's stuck data reading? Or is it a reference temperature used to trigger stimulation for example? Or is it something else?

I was wondering if a hydrogen atom or H- ion with electrons stimulated to the p1 orbital could more easily approach a nucleus of an atom with a similarly stimulated inner electrons. Perhaps in an orthogonal approach. Then if so once within close rang of the nucleus if the nucleus would " look like" a heavier element nucleus to the electrons in orbitals of the other atom and if the electrons of the Hydrogen would be captured into the other heavier atom orbitals releasing and un masking the hydrogen nucleus near to the heavier nucleus then resulting in a Piantelli like release of the hydrogen nucleus due to charge repulsion? Are DDL really needed for the H to approach a nucleus if the atoms inner electrons are stimulated to P orbitals?

Edit: Note in this particular scenario the proton is ejected rather than absorbed by the heavier nucleus. Although I do wonder if the wave function of the electrons can over lap both nuclei if this would possibly lead EC and associated internal bremsstrahlung in thus strange configuration and absorption of the hydrogen as neutrons in to the heavier nucleus

Could EM stimulation result in atomic alignments where this kind of interaction is more favorable.

i wonder if there is a relationship between excited electrons orbitals type and Rydberg atom state. Could 2 or more hydrogen atoms excited to an excited p orbital state rather than an excited S orbital state form UDH rather than planar Rydberg Hydrogen matter ?

Thanks Axil for your quick reply, answers and especially the interesting link.

Just to check is the plasma in this case fully ionized i.e. All electrons stripped from the nuclei?

I wasnt clear about that from he poster but it maybe given the X-rays and high temperature, unless the inner electrons we're excited to higher levels or removed by some other process or something. Perhaps I missed it.

@axil, I guess you or maybe some one might be able to shed some light on some questions I have been wondering about.

Do you know if there are any cases where LENR has occurred in a fully ionized plasma? Or is it only occurring in cases where at least some bound electrons are present?

If the latter is the case is LENR observed only in atoms that are partially ionized? Or can it occur in Non ionized atoms?

If the latter is the case do the those non ionized atoms require electrons in conduction bands?

Also if If the latter is the case is LENR observed in atoms that are in ground state that are not excited to some extent? Or do they need to be at least excited above ground level to some extent.

If you know the answers and have some examples in these cases I'm would be happy to see them. Thanks

@magicsound Hey great test !!! I wish i managed to see it! Was any thing interesting seen during the test run? was anything similar to the "signal" seen?

Talking about 100 year old Tech. Has anyone run a test by discharging a Tesla Coil or Van de Graaff generator near by? I wouldn't want to fry your electronics though.

Interesting idea… Should make for some interesting pottery. I wonder if anyone in the Ceramics industry has observed interesting phenomena after firing clays in their Kilns (Normally they are dried at this point though), especially with particular glazes slip/glazes and/or metal oxides included. Maybe interesting to check glazes of pots for element/isotope changes some day.

Do you know it those pressures are retained after the clays are dried… I suppose there is always some residual water in the clay. Using D2O in clay is an intriguing idea i think

Hi Me regarding your comment about possibly observing high energy neutrons in your test. Would you recommend that MFMP use more detectors in their test?

If I recall correctly MFMP have 2 Neutron detectors one for high energy Cosmic ray sources and another for thermal Neutrons but, I think Bob mentioned that in fact there are are other tubes available to detect neutrons at various energies in between. Would it be better (and safer maybe) for them to have those additional ones too? I suppose the elevated number of detections was still quite low in your test case?

Hi Me356. Thanks very much for sharing and letting us know how it is going. Your reports are looking very promising to me really great. I'm literally on the edge of my seat looking forward to seeing definitive result data of LENR working. Your earlier video was already a great thing to see. I think your approach to handling the release of your results and data is a good one though and complementary to MFMP LOS approach and Andrea Rossi's Q and A Blog approach etc. Its great to think you may have something definitive to release soon.

I'm very very intrigued about the core information being available for 100 years! Wow. it must have been amazing to see how it clicks into place.

Do you also have a personal theory about the process or is it at this stage pure engineering?

Do you have other on going tests at this time or in the near term pipeline?

Fascinating that it worked with out Lithium in this case, so I suppose it was some kind of Ni-W-H1 process?

May I ask if you see broad spectrum X-rays or gamma, or maybe particular characteristic X-rays associated with the Tungsten and Nickel or particular gamma spikes during your test or do you prefer to give this data when you have more confirmed information later?

Good luck with your work ahead. Keep us informed how its going looks like exciting times.

Catch the gas in a very tiny balloon or soap bubble?. If to floats its Hydrogen or Helium, If it catches fire its Hydrogen… ;)

If mass spectrometry is difficult for these light gasses I maybe normal spectrometry of electron transitions or molecular emissions in these gases of light elements is sufficient to identify the isotopes? Im no expert though as is probably obvious from my first sentence...

If the atoms are separated by a few pm and there are free or conducting electrons then the plasma frequency could be around a some 10s keV or so below this frequency any EM radiation in the bulk would be evanescent i.e. will not propagate as a travelling wave. EM radiation below this frequency would also be reflected off any material with this plasma frequency in the same way optical and some UV light is reflected off metal surfaces. Surface plasmons associated with this frequency may also be generated. So maybe UDD is more susceptible to emissions of this energy in its bulk or surface or a cavity or metal particle with a surface coating of UDD would contain X-rays in the 10s keV frequency range and below. X-ray or gamma emissions near the plasma frequency will also be absorbed and heat the thermal electrons.

Interestingly I understand this density will be similar to degenerate matter in white dwarf stars, so in a sense maybe Holmlid has a little piece of a white dwarf star in his experiment!

I was playing with this idea on E-Cat world earlier today… I know its way out there:

"I wonder if LENR Ni transmutations are due to weak force interactions such as stimulated EC or Beta decay and the energy released is ultimately responsible for some of the heat. What would the energy released in the neutrinos be? Could this be directional in some circumstances and lead to thrust due to neutrino emission? A kind of Neutrino Drive?

Putting my over imaginative SciFi head on

Could stimulation (say around 100keV or maybe 66.9 keV maybe from K alpha characteristic X-Ray emission from tungsten say) of normally stable Cu63 lead to stimulated EC and neutrino emission to Ni63 (Qec = -66.9 keV), could the Ni63 (normal half-life 101 years, Q value +66.9 keV) be stimulated to faster beta decay back to Cu63 generating beta electricity and neutrino thrust?

Could in the right kind of electric field or alignment the emission to beta or neutrinos be optimised in some way?

Just some fun I like the idea of a neutrino thruster. Still would be energetically balanced though unless LENR can provide the stimulation.

(if Neutrinos are emitted it would be cool if we can use them in some useful way, They would would not burn a hole in the carpet at least.)"

The Cu63 and Ni63 would thus be continually switching generating neutrinos trough EC and beta emission until the stimulus was switched off then any remaining Ni63 would slowly decay to Cu63.

I guess this mechanism is unlikely although stimulated beta decay of normally stable nuclei has been proposed before in some places as a possible mechanism for transmutation to heavier elements along with the r-process in stars, but if it is possible to have beta decay occurring through some mechanism to generated directed Neutrinos, I think its an interesting idea to have a Neutrino Thruster. Did they ever check the EM drive for temporary transmutations, beta decay, or X-ray emissions I wonder?

Now if directed high density neutrinos could generate or some how be synonymous in some way with a "warp bubble" well that would be pretty cool and amazing too but i suppose reaction thrust from neutrinos could be enough to explain some of the behaviour anyway.

I'm a little worried about the X-rays…. The grid in front might protect against long wave radiation but i fear the X-Rays may get trough. But then maybe I got the scale wrong and it is very very tiny and even x-rays can't get through? ;)

I found a very interesting link to an excel sheet online.

It contains the beta emission spectra for a very large number of Nuclei. Note this is I think the kinetic energy beta spectra not Bremsstrahlung spectra from the beta emissions. But includes EC as well as Beta emissions

I thought it might be useful and interesting resource anyway. Here it is:

http://www.doseinfo-radar.com/BetaSpec.zip

I suppose it might be possible to derive the Inner Bremsstrahlung emission curve from these beta emission curves somehow.

(I found it originally in this link on research gate https://www.researchgate.net/p…gy_spectrum_of_beta_decay )

I'm quite curious if Inner Bremsstrahlung emissions based on one of these curves or possibly some combination of them can lead to the apparent X-ray spectra observed in Spectra 7.

@Paradigmnoia The 800 keV cluster I was mentioning is actually closer to 900keV on re checking and was in fact the small cluster of points or so near the end of your graph you mentioned to Thomas. I think the graph ended near 1024 keV.

i agree there are few MeV betas normally as even beta emission with high Q values and hence endpoint in the MeV range such as Ni65 have only a few emissions at this high level and most emmissions in the 100s keV and below.

Yup I guessed it might be due to the peak removal... I was curious if it could show an absorption feature around 66.9keV but it makes sense what you said since this part of the back profile was removed 3 times. I think in Eccos and Bobs charts it was quite smooth here apart.from the background bump with not much noise too.

regarding this peaks at around 78 keV in these original charts I wonder if it is it the same size as would be expected from background over the time frame? The one in spectrum 7 is at much higher over all counts but still visible on the log scale at this high level

Do you know the tool on this link by the way:

https://www-nds.iaea.org/relnsd/vcharthtml/VChartHTML.html

Its really informative and clever when when you get into it. The search function is very powerful and provides a lot more information than is in the chart itself. There is a very nice app too