FrankCensor Member
  • Member since Apr 13th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by FrankCensor

1. Go to your local gas station, fill up a gallon of gasoline in a certified plastic container.
    2. Measure the temperature of the gas in the container. Should be about room temperature roughly 20-25C.
    3. Pour a little in a metal pan.
    4. Light the gasoline.
    5. Measure the temperature of the air above the pan. Should be about 1000C roughly.

Voila. You have proof of LENR. Now just put all of the components into a metal black box container. Hire a Swedish firm to make measurements outside the box before and during combustion. Tell them that for proprietary business reasons they can't see the inside of the box. Wait several months to publish the report. Could be published right away but why spoil the fun for Frank. This gives him an opportunity to write not 5 but 10 stories about the up and coming third party verification report.

Did you hear the one about Rossi's outsource plans? Frank goads him to show more. There is no kimono left to uncover. So the show turns into wild stunts. That's not enough for Frank. So what can you do? Just when you think it can't get more zany e-catworld comes up with another jaw dropper.

From another barrel, I was just wondering who is this man Darden and what is the [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] story? If I were to guess by just looking at the industry niche that they were in I would say they are a firm that gets things done when going through the official channels like everyone else will result in a rejection. In other words an envelope under the table 21st century style. As Darden retires and has discussions with St. Peter about what's next he is instructed to go back and do something good with the loot. So he meets up with Rossi and invests in a cure-all technology that will undo the global warming and climate change damage. Gotta say, LENR has some wonderful bedfellows!

It has been several years now that I have been following the LENR phenomenon. Sometimes I ask myself why I do it? The truth of the matter is that it is a no-lose situation. If it is real: fantastic! If it is bull: it gave you something to read and ponder for the past few years. I mean let's face it, you log on in the morning, grab your coffee or tea or what-have-you, and check out what is happening on the internet. E-catworld is a stop you make just like a dog visits his favorite bush when you take him on a walk. You visit e-catworld just to see what new phenomenon comes up in the world of hope and promises. If ever there comes a day when LENR becomes serious or Rossi fesses up that his wife made him do it in hopes of some big payola scam or that he just faked all this to get away from his wife in Italy and have an excuse to stay with his mistress in NC or whatever would come up to end the charade it would be a dark day. There would be one less site to frequent and check up on on a daily basis.

...if that's the only proof of LENR, it's extremely weak or nonexistent.

I gave the Lugano folks the benefit of the doubt. I mean you can dwell on the calibration issue but consider this: not knowing up-front that they were going to foul up the calibration would Rossi let them 10 feet near the machine if it was a fraud?

My problem with the Lugano report is that it was too good. If I was a fraudster I would have the most reliable test in the world performed on something to prove to everyone that there is no funny business going on. That would be the Scandinavians because according to Transparency International they are the least susceptible to corruption. Everybody considers Sweden and Nobel to be the gold standard of science. Precisely why I would not trust them.

Another problem I have with the Lugano report is the dead guy. At any point for any reason in the future they can blame any discrepancies on him.

The main problem I have with the Lugano report however is that Sweden has all kinds of dogs in the fight. They are a sneaky bunch but they operate under the table discretely.

That said, why do you think there is such a wide difference between what Rossi says and what Darden claims? I can understand a little divergence but these guys cannot get their stories straight at all. What's up with that?

Reality does not involve science, skepticism, religion, atheism. It just is.

Speaking of reality. In Los Angeles the atheists/skeptics have a Center for Inquiry on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and Vermont. How much does rent for a space like that cost? $10,000/month? At least. Some rich philanthropist probably donated his estate to the cause of atheism/skepticism. They have several employees on staff. Nice! It is amazing how well the atheists do considering that they are not a religion. They are an anti-religion. They pose as skeptics. They lure people in who are interested in skepticism. Hence their interest in this LENR group. You'll notice the article about excess heat starts with a picture of a catholic mass or something of that sort and talk about religion. They are a cult like any other.

I was a member of the local sceptics meetup group. I removed myself from the group. Why? It's a religion/cult that I would prefer to stay away from. They preach atheism. Look at this link this guy just posted. Yet another diatribe about the atheism religion. A true atheist would not go to such great lengths to preach and push his viewpoints onto others. A true atheist would just declare there is no such thing as god/religion, stick the matter deep up his behind, and go on with his life content. That's not enough for this organization. They form coalitions and recruit new members. Here they are bugging their way into the LENR controversy.

Scientific skepticism has nothing whatsoever to do with religion. And whenever you see LENR being bashed and then the bait/switch topic of religion comes up then beware and watch out. You are dealing with the organization. No doubt the old adage applies: if you don't know what it's about it's about money. It won't be long before they're passing the hat around and asking you to donate your children's inheritance to their cause.

Energy can't really be "produced" so sustainable production is nonsense. It can only be transformed from one form to another.

Anyway, speaking of transforming energy: from light to electric power. The problem is energy storage and theft not transformation. Out on the ranch we have a neighbor First Solar. They just hooked up a 1.7 million solar panel project to the grid a few days ago. First Solar just came out with a panel that is %18.9 efficient (roughly 20%). Since the sun provides us with 1400 watts per square meter that would be roughly 300 watts from a panel 1 sq. meter in size. On the ranch Los Angeles County regional planning allows home owners to have 1 shipping container. Let's install solar panels on it and a Tesla battery inside and see how it competes with Rossi's promises. That is roughly 3x13 meters surface area on the roof = 39 square meters. 300 days of sunshine per year. 6 hours of sunshine per day (that's how they calculate it because the angle does not always fall perpendicular). Get your calculator out and you can have 70 KWH per day. Thieves will usually take your solar panels within 1-2 weeks. It's like a jewelry store with no security guard up there on your shipping container. First Solar has 24/7 security, you don't. Find a way around theft and you have 2x the power available to you that the house will consume. The average US household uses 32 KWH per day you have 70 at your disposal. With energy storage you will have plenty left over for those 65 days when it is cloudy or rains. So you see the problem is not transforming energy it is storing it and theft.

> Because look at all the efforts Rossi has expended since years for this illusion.

I'm sure the guy sweats from all the work.

10AM: visit gym look at women 30-40 years younger than his wife working out, maybe lift a 2 lb. barbell or two to give the appearance of a real sport
    12 Noon: lunch at the country club
    2PM: log on and answer one or two questions Frank has on some forum
    4PM: drinks at the country club

Frank does the rest. He eats up and publicizes anything and everything Rossi says. Runs interference. Censors malcontents on his network.

As for the Lugano report. There is a "dead men tell no tales" plaque on the 1MW production ecat model. That guy did all the key work if anybody asks.

I wouldn't accuse [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] of anything. Darden and Rossi gave completely different status reports in Italy a few months ago. I started a thread "he said she said" on this forum about that divergence of status. Rossi is talking mass manufacturing while Darden is saying some day over the rainbow.

There is another motive for fraud to consider. Ever have friends who tell you exactly what you want to hear? They do it because they think they are doing good. Rossi may be on to something. Only it might be unstable and not ready for prime time. If he puts up a show and charade and pretends it is real this causes others to do research in that area. He may be blowing smoke so that other people and institutions will do something to try to figure out LENR.

> But ask yourself: What would you do if you were the US government and you would suddenly find out about a guy like Rossi who has discovered such an effect and invented such a device?

I would dump all my oil reserves on the market and try to get rid of them while oil is still worth something. Which would explain why the US is exporting oil these days. They don't have much left and yet they are producing and selling as much as possible around the world these days.

I don't buy the investment fraud scenario. I also don't buy 95% of what Rossi says. That does not mean I think he is running a scam. The way these small start ups make money is to sell their whole operation to a big fish. Big companies are usually public and this will force a level of quality assurance in such a sale. This technology is worth hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars. Any CEO who squanders huge wads of cash on something that is not thoroughly vested and vetted could face serious jail time. In this paradigm the small company never admits that they are going to sell out to big company. They have a "party line" that states that they will manufacture the devices themselves. They might know perfectly well and good that is hogwash. They nevertheless proclaim that is their desire and plans. Dummies like Frank buy this party line and eat it up. So if this is a business then that would be their angle. I said if it is a business. If it is a fraud then their motive would be to political. Transparency International rates the Scandinavian countries to be the least corrupt. What better than to hire a group from that part of the world to test and verify the device. Only problem is I would trust the Nigerians more than the Swedes. Every time I go to Home Depot I pass Securitas guards. Top secret US installations are guarded by Swedish security firms like Pinkerton and such. There is a black side to that country that most people don't know about. I don't trust them as far as I can shake a stick. They also have a bug about the arctic resources competition with Russia. Russia's economy is very dependent on fossil fuels. Some clown coming out and saying they have a device that can cripple Russia's economy is a powerful motive for fraud. Every time I fill my tank up with $3 gas I wonder why it isn't $5 any more and if that has any relation to what is going on with LENR?

Part 1 was about Darden saying some day like 20 years in the future we might... while Rossi talks about integrating 3D printers into the e-cat assembly line to speed up production from hundreds to thousands of units per day

Part 2 is about today's headline on e-catworld: TSEM to Collaborate with MIT, Texas Tech University and [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon]

You never hear about institutions like MIT or NASA or Texas Tech or Airbus announcing that they are working with some noname loser in the LENR world. But every other day some obscure LENR figure comes out of the woodwork and claims that the big boys are doing something or other with them.

penswrite I think you missed my point

first off, input 1400 watts and you have more or less a heater you can buy at Target for $40
    it glows and gets really hot
    who knows? if you put a temperature sensor on it it might just beat the values you were seeing in the MFMP test
    for all we know we might just be dealing with a glorified enhanced heater here more efficient than the current models

secondly, comparing the power output of two materials does not cold fusion make
    I could do a spectrometer analysis of the chemicals that go into the manufacturing of the two solar panels there are bound to be some differences
    I could infer that the material in panel A coalesces into some matrix and is the cause of the 20% extra power
    or there could be another reason why solar panel A produces 100 watts and solar panel B produces 120 watts

What's next Frank is you explain how my LENR device does the impossible: cold fusion

On a sunny day in California I set out to prove cold fusion is possible. I used the calculation that the sun provides 1400 watts of energy per square meter. I set up two solar panels exactly 1 meter in size. Hooked up my free with any purchase Harbor Freight multimeter. Voila. Lo and behold one of panels produced 100 watts and the other produced 120 watts of electric power. That's a COP of 1.2 yippie!!!

The difference between my test and the MFMP glowstick test is I can't fiddle with the input. You all know or can look up the 1400 figure that mother nature provides. MFMP on the other hand can fart around with excuses and make fools of all of you and explain that in the day and age where one can get a free multimeter at harbor freight with any purchase the simple and basic setting of input watts of power is way beyond their means to provide to the viewing audience.

Mutual friend admits to packing into a big expensive solar system. JPLer says oh no don't do that. Cold fusion is going to make all of that stuff obsolete pretty soon. Asked if he's working on that at JPL: I can't confirm or deny it. Later when I asked him to be more specific he was wishy-washy and uncomfortable and changing the subject.