penswrite Member
  • Male
  • Member since Apr 16th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by penswrite

Mary said, "LENR enthusiasts seem to want it both ways. Non-radioactive but highly energy producing."

Well, I, for one, don't suppose that nature/physics cares what any of us wants, or thinks.

But, a US government lab reporting robust, repeatable, and yes, refutable experimental evidence of LENR adds considerable gravitas to the continued investigation of all LENR phenomena. If this endorsement translates into more resources becoming available to shift LENR from today's feeble early-transistor-like stage into something like what has happened with semiconductors, I am indeed enthusiastic.

--penswrite

Jed reports that a US Lab has confirmed LENR.

A couple of Cal-Tech astronomers may well have discovered, or at least solidly predicted, the existence of our solar systems' ninth planet--and it's not little.

WOW, it's fun to witness the shifting of old paradigms.

--penswrite

This might be off-topic for this thread, but I didn't find any other discussion of Jed's report/posting on Vortex.

Jed, on Vortex, reported a recently declassified report--by a US Government Lab--apparently confirming LENR/cold fusion. Wow. Thanks, Jed.

Here is a link:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-[email protected]/msg112034.html

Jed reports that the following US Govt. lab report recently has been declassified:http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MosierBossinvestigat.pdf

I call your attention to the following conclusion on p.87:

"The Pd/D co-deposition technique, pioneered by SSC-Pacific, is a robust, reliable and reproducible means of generating LENR in the Pd lattice. Heat effects using Pd/D co-deposition have been reproduced by Miles10 as well as Cravens and Letts.10,56 Bockris et al. reproduced the tritium results.69 Besides SRI, the CR-39 results have been replicated by Dr. Winthrop Williams of the University of Berkeley, Dr. Ludwik Kowalski of Montclair University; Mr. Pierre Carbonnelle, l'Université catholique de Louvain and three groups of undergraduates from UCSD as part of their senior projects. On November 2011, the LENR research at SSC-Pacific was terminated. The official reason given by SSC-Pacific’s PAO, Jim Fallin, to Steve Krivit of New Energy Times for the termination the LENR work at SSC-Pacific is: “In response to your recent query,” Fallin wrote, “while I won’t discuss details of our internal decision-making processes, I will confirm SPAWAR plans no further low-energy nuclear reaction (LENR) research. There are other organizations within the federal government that are better aligned to continue research regarding nuclear power. We have taken initial steps to determine how a transition of low-energy nuclear reaction (LENR) research might occur.”

The implications of this statement are that both SPAWAR HQ and SSC-Pacific say that the phenomenon is real and that it is nuclear in nature.

Fractions within the LENR community can speculate about Rossi. Meanwhile, a United States Government Lab has released a report concluding that LENR/cold fusion, although not well understood, appears to be very real. For me, this is a big deal.

Understanding, engineering, and commercializing these experimentally confirmed results will be very fun to observe.

--penswrite

@ Paradigmnoia/Piano Diagram/Mag Paranoid,

Given the apparent appetite of this forum to occasionally eat it's members, your desire to cloak your true identity is quite understandable, and your reminder to watch our fingers is obviously not a paranoid admonishment!

@ Paradigmnoia

I've just upvoted your suggestion to Thomas. You have obviously taken your own advice and obscured your own true identity, which you have fiendishly attempted to conceal: Mag Paranoid.

(Sorry to out you like this, Mag, but it is for the betterment of mankind.)

So, a determined pack of like-thinkers is hounding one of the ablest analytical minds from this forum? Really?

Thomas: Please say it ain't so, and don't go.

OK, Me356, I'll bite and ask the obvious question: if "One photo was taken while excess heat was On, second one while excess heat was Off (just 3 minutes later)" what, exactly, was the process or source of the "excess heat" you are referring to?

What changes? What changed? How was it changed?

With respect, have you found"secret sauce?"

"Most recent results from the third party independent E-Cat trials showed exceptional energy densities. When including internal plus external components the volumetric energy density observed was (3.6 104 ±12%) MJ/L and the gravimetric energy density was (1.3 104 ± 10%) MJ/kg.The energy densities of gasoline are 32.4 MJ/L and 44.4 MJ/kg respectively. So the E-Cat is thousand times more volumetric energy dense and 293 times more gravimetric energy dense than gasoline."

It appears, from the footnote cited in the original source, that this quotation is referring to the Lugano report, and not the (impending) results of the 350 day test.

I very much hope that Mary Yugo has not been permanently banned from this site.

I am very sorry to see MY vilified. I am greatly sad at the prospect of MY being banned.

In my view, M.Y.'s spirited, informed, and usually well-reasoned criticism/skepticism of some reported manifestations of LENR is invaluable to the furtherance of our collective inquiry.

I, too, had some private exchanges with MY in the early days of Rossi's demonstrations. I remember that (s)he shared my/our fervent hope about the prospects for LENR--but that her/his hope was not blind to obfuscation, errors, and--yes--outright fraud.

This site will be much diminished if it muzzles such dissent.

Shame on us all, if M. Y. has been banned forever from these pages.

(Sorry for my cross-post from another thread, but this is an important topic.)

In my view this would be a far less interesting and informative site if a litmus of blind belief was applied to posts, and posters.

Please, let us not resort to banning any civil discussion of the fascinating subject of LENR. Unicorns, dancing on the F9 key, are entertaining for only so long; a spirited investigation of experimental reports of LENR are of far more interest to me.

This forum is interesting, and relevant, because of its tolerance of an exchange of a broad range of perspectives, experience, and views. I hope that tolerance continues.