nuclearNut Member
  • Member since Jun 16th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by nuclearNut

Hello all,

@magicsound
    I have some python skills, but still learning. I have been working on a GUI program that can in principal be used with any serial device, it is functional and very configurable, but still needs some work. I haven't implemented SQL yet, so it will only log to a .csv file at present.
    It can show 8 values and graph 4 plots. Data is sent via USB and formatted as a comma separated text string.
    Variable names (headlines) for displayed values can be customized and the displayed value can be chosen by the index of the received text string.

It is currently single-threaded, and this is something that will be improved in the future.

Alan Smith's datalogger is easily programmed to work with it.

How do I include pictures to a post here?

Hello all.

I'm new on the forum, but I've been following LENR for some time now and I want to contribute with what I can to the community.

I have a background in marine engineering and currently study electronics and programming, so I have knowledge about thermodynamics, measurement, electricity, instrumentation, electronics and programming.

As a way to contribute to the cause I've been thinking about creating an open source data logging system specifically designed for LENR research. Proprietary systems can cost an arm and a leg and for a researcher who's paying out of his own pocket, I believe that this would be a blessing and help a great deal in providing data logging.
    It would consist of an hardware interface and a python interface for data visualization on screen.

My questions to this community are these:

Is there a need for such a system?
    If so, what would be needed in terms of system specifications?
    Is there anyone on this forum who would like to collaborate on this project?

:lenr: