David.Daggett Verified User
  • Male
  • from Seattle area
  • Member since Jul 7th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by David.Daggett

Very nice setup Jeff. May I suggest you use LIAlH4 in your fuel mix? Perhaps as this compound vaporizes, it releases the hydrogen that is instrumental in the excess heat reaction. The H2-Ni mix needs to be at high pressure and temperature. You already have the high temperature. In your rig, if the alumina tube is properly sealed, maybe the high pressure will come from the out-gassing of the hydrogen at temperature? We have a different test setup but concluded that we can't use LiAlH4 as it vaporized at temperature and coated everything inside the reactor.

Thanks again Axil. That system would indeed be good for a visual inspection of the inside of a LENR reactor. However, it wouldn't work if one wants to take IR temperature measurements, such as in our case. In that instance, you'll need a ZnSe lens. I've attached a .pdf file showing what an IR picture looks like when viewed through quartz and ZnSe lenses.

In an earlier post, you mentioned a CIA report on DGT. Can you provide us with a copy or link to that file?

Thanks Axil. Very interesting material. We'll give the potassium carbide a try. We operate at a much lower temperature than Rossi, so this may help increase our repeat-ability. It'd be interesting to know what exact wavelength is required. I believe we have the ideal test device that could be used to explore this avenue. However, our internal funding does not support a new endeavor like this. If you have any ideas, please let me know. email: [email protected]

Thanks all.
    Axil: can you provide more information on the strange behavior of the Ni powder? We don't continuously record visual images inside the reactor, because the IR camera would overheat, and we so may have missed these phenomenon during reaction events. However, it looks pretty normal at other times. We can see heat waves inside the reactor, presumably from H2 buoyancy effects ... it kind looks like when one gazes across the desert floor. I"ll be certain to capture an image during the next excess heat event.

LENR calendar:
    We run an experiment for days, but the reaction events have only been only been seen for many minutes before they've been terminated. Yes, we also use hydrogen and lithium. We've saved samples for ash analysis, but have not yet had them analyzed. I'm not working with Boeing in any way but the presentation at SAE was very well received. The MFMP collaboration is a good suggestion that we'll consider.

Colwyn:
    We do use another stimulation method, but we'd prefer to not go into details at this time.

Thanks Arthur. We built a laboratory research reactor that is shown on the 2nd to last page (pg 30) of the SAE presentation. It shows our data acquisition and control system in the rack. Next to it is a portable test stand that contains the reactor and a self contained oil heat exchanger system that we use for calorimetric evaluations. It is rather beefy as we designed it to handle several kilowatts of excess heat. The fuel is Nickel and Hydrogen.

We’ve been testing the entire system for about a half year, and I have been doing component, subsystem and fundamental experimental tests for much longer. Before releasing any results, we want to make very sure of the repeatability and validity of our positive data. We designed the entire system to be portable as we intended to have a neutral, respected 3rd party validate our results at their facility. We’re currently investigating such sources.

With regard to the comment of 1000X energy potential of this compound over conventional chemistry, how would one account for this in calculating energy in vs. energy out in a LENR experiment? Namely, how would one know they're getting a nuclear excess heat reaction and not one of those 1000x chemical reactions