acalaon Verified User
  • Member since Oct 6th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by acalaon

Dear Thomas,
    I got your point! Sure! The people of the Lugano test used the published equivalent TOTAL emissivity (which by the way is not too different from that calculated by Higgins in Fig. 10) instead of using the "camera band equivalent emissivity". They differ very much at high temperature. The correct value is about 0.9, whereas they used 0.4.
    I will continue checking your code.
    I will try to comment more in the next days.

It has been a long time since my last post on my theory.
    Here is the link:

http://lenr-calaon-explanation.weebly.com/

In the meantime I have changed it significantly.
    Now the beta-decaying H4 is no more needed, while three neutral pseudo-particle appeared.
    There is never a Coulomb barrier to be overcome and the fractionation remains allowed through the emission of photons during the acceleration of the involved particles.
    The formation of the neutral pseudo-particles is a set of “First Stage” reactions that require the very special conditions Edmund Storms calls Nuclear Active Environment, while the neutral pseudo-particles can react with other nuclei without any special need in the “Second Stage” reactions.
    The Second Stage reactions take place at practically no excess kinetic energy, so that only the most stable and least energetic nuclei can form.
    I analysed the results of the Hot-Cat test through the theory, as well as the experiments of Iwamura and Mizuno.
    I hope some reader will be so kind to put her/his comment/critic/suggestion in the blog section.

Dear Sanders,
    The price of oil is made by a complex system that can not be controlled by a single entity and responds slowly to any major supply change, while demand is VERY rigid. The Saudi are simply keeping pumping instead of reducing. Russia keeps pumping for many reasons, many Countries recently restarted production, the world consumption does not grow, planners have a lot of reserves, ... And the price drops.
    The decision of Saudi Arabia is not due to an price threat from a competing energy source, at least not now. Instead they need to expand their production share in the next few years. And for doing that they will not stop pumping. They have the lowest production cost. The price will go where the market will push it. Since the 80s the price of oil has not been determined by the market, but by a controlled supply. The "market price" is not known right now. It will appear in the next years. With a low price Saudi Arabia will be able, may be in 3-4 years to offer Asia and Europe the lowest price. And the share of Saudi Arabia will rise, also thanks to the disappearance of other producers. This new scenario will allow the Saudi to react to the unfolding of Cold Fusion, as Ali Naimi explained, with the necessary flexibility. Saudi want to sell most of their oil before the end of the transition. So thanks to the large share, during the transition they will be able to make the price in order to sell the maximum possible quantity of oil.
    The behaviour of the Saudi has nothing to do with easing a soft transition. I wish it had!
    LENR will cause disruption even with low oil prices.
    The most important part will be played by governments and international entities in deciding policies that will avoid problems during the transitions.

Ali Naimi is saying it quite clear in its interview of December 21st:
    http://oilpro.com/post/9223/me…di-oil-minister-ali-naimi

"There are many things in the energy market – not the oil market– that will determine prices in the future. A lot of effort is being exerted worldwide, whether in research, or boosting efficiency, or using non-fossil fuels. All these might witness a breakthrough one day. Any strategy must be done in a way that allows it to be changed continuously. Now, we do not know where prices are going. Are they going to go up, are they going to go down. But one thing is for sure. Current prices do not support all producers."

So Saudi Arabia is expecting a breakthrough in the energy produced by non-fossil fuels; so huge that it would need a flexible strategy in the oil sector. And only Saudi Arabia and a few others can be the actors of that strategy.
    Either he was joking or he is telling the truth.

Alain, Patricia, you are right, the adoption will require time. But the impact, and not a small one is already here. The substitution of the energy sources will take a long time, tens of years. However the suddenly finite horizon for oil and gas will quickly change all the long term plans. And in this re-planning there will be troubles.

Let us hope the people who will decide will use wisdom and will ease the transition with care.

Dear Werner,
    Thank you very much for your long and interesting comment.
    The comment by Ian Walker (last link on Sifferkoll) that you suggested is VERY interesting and thoroughly documented. I had had a look at the first comments on Sifferkoll, but not the last.

To me it looks the price fall started between the end of July and August, before the publication. May be when the report document started going around ... or when some employee of the company where the 1 [MW] E-Cat plant was starting operations leaked that it actually worked, and the problems were only engineering problems. I guess with the patrimony of the House of Saud it is not a problem to find a way to have reliable info on time.
    Oil companies will have the money to invest in the new technology and are prepared.
    The biggest troubles will hit Renewables, High-End Oil and Gas (the complete production chain), Conventional Nuclear and Hot Fusion Research.
    As far as I know almost no one knows about LENR outside the big Oil Companies, which instead seem somehow prepared.

Alain,
    I think that sooner or later (probably not before the last quarter of 2015) some Oil and Gas CEO will declare something official and the wind will rapidly change. And this may even happen before "the public opinion" has somehow "digested" what LENR is.
    Large investment in oil an gas have long pay backs and as soon as everyone knows that eventually oil will be abandoned ... any large investment in the oil and gas will be verified against the foreseeable transition immediately to prevent losses. High end oil and gas will halt.
    Energy is the most important driver on the planet today. After a few years from the start, building "Hot-Cat type" Power Plants will become for large tech companies just a matter of setting up the production chain. I guess it will rapidly become easy to manufacture them anywhere. And there will be a phase when the world will practically work "in parallel" on the transition. The central part of the substitution curve could be very steep. Oil will stay longer for small transport, but as soon as the technology will be certified for small transport in less than 10 years the transition will be complete.

Towards the end of the transition the new drive for humanity will become the supply of rear elements/materials. The extraction of materials from the oceans will become one of the largest industries, may be similar to the oil and gas today.

Regards

Andrea