Tcarey Member
  • Member since Oct 19th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Tcarey

Eric,
    Your comment about the claim being less than conclusive seems to me to be more related to the level of funding LENR has been able to achieve than the weakness of the supporting data.

If the LENR world was a well funded research program then I would expect the effort to find the D=D He connection to be much better researched and documented. As I understand it that is expensive and somewhat difficult to accomplish so those with limited budgets, which the most of the research going on, focus on other aspects.

Tom Carey

Jed. You may have access to information that convinces you about Rossi, however the rest of us do not have that same access, so understand that your conclusions are not as readily accepted as you would like. Furthermore, I don't see anything that tells me you have access to Rossi's information that will be used to rebut what IH has claimed. So you have at best one side of the story.

Has it occurred to you that IH maybe cherry picking the information that you have seen? How do you know that is not the case?

I don't know if any part of what Rossi claims is true or if what IH claims is true. Based on the information available to me, there is insufficient information for me to form a valid opinion.

In spite of the posters here that claim to know "the truth" about this situation, my take is that the full story is not known to anyone including the people involved in the lawsuit. At this point each side has information that the other does not.

If this actually goes to trial, we outsiders will get a much better picture of what really went on. Until then, this is mostly speculation based on inadequate information being extrapolated and colored by preconceived viewpoints.

It is entertaining to watch the situation play out.

Depending on what the outcome is, the consequences range from negligible to world changing. That is what keeps my interest.

In spite of the posters here that claim to know "the truth" about this situation, my take is that the full story is not known to anyone including the people involved in the lawsuit. At this point each side has information that the other does not.

If this actually goes to trial we outsiders will get a much better picture of what really went on. Until then This is mostly speculation based on inadequate information being extrapolated and colored by preconceived viewpoints.

It is entertaining to watch the situation play out.

Depending on what the outcome is, the consequences range from negligible to world changing. That is what keeps my interest.

That is a meaningless metric. Implicit in that comment is that the Federal government has only 100 important things to do with its money. That is 1% of the budget. The government has many tens of thousands of things that it funds, most of which take far less than 1% of the budget. Every Dollar in the Federal budget is in competition with the Dollars allocated for other spending items. The NASA budget may well be a priority worth spending the money on, but to attempt to justify it because it is less than 1% of the federal budget is no justification at all.

Would it be possible to implement an ignore function such that if I chose not to see the posts of a particular poster they would not be displayed? Couple that with a user stat the showed the number of ignores a poster had garnered might be useful.

A poster expressing a negative opinion is not an issue. A poster expressing the same opinion over and over again with out contributing any new information is an issue to me. That applies to both positive and negative opinions. This forum is about discussing the progress and failures of LENR. That is an evolving situation and to be a useful contributor to the forum the evolving nature of the discussion has to be taken into account by the posters.