S D Eraut Member
  • Member since May 9th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by S D Eraut

axil,

I've read those things before. It would be a great breakthrough and a great contribution to the world if the reactor had a COP of 4 or greater. It would also be interesting and exciting if what Fabiani said is true.

I now think the likelihood is that Rossi has nothing, in other words, COP = 1, in any of his devices. I think that strongly enough that I'm embarrassed to have spent so much time reading about it and considering it a possibility, even to the point that today I'm commenting at a forum that deals in the subject.

I don't know that there was a reactor for the 1MW test. I don't know if Fabiani said those things. I'm a show-me sort of skeptic, who wants to see something before I commit to any belief. (I'm not a prejudging sort of "skeptic.") That's why I didn't believe Rossi was a fraud or incompetent either, until I'd seen for a year that Rossi was following a pattern of promising results then not delivering and switching to new promises. If Rossi shows that there is a "reactor" open to public view or at least to the media, and releases an ERV report that claims there was excess power, then maybe I'll change my mind. If there's a public demonstration of Rossi's technology that clearly shows excess power then of course I'll change my mind. That's against Rossi's demonstrated pattern of behavior that he would do any of those things, his pattern of behavior as viewed under the hypothesis that he has nothing.

Rossi was following that pattern before. So why didn't I just think Rossi was a scammer or crackpot all along? The claim that there was a replication by Parkhomov got me interested. I saw an exciting possibility that this wasn't just a case of emails and blog posts from someone claiming to be an incredible inventor, with nothing to back the words up. There was an escalation of development to an important one-year test, supposedly. After the one year test concluded without the promised ERV report being released, without a real industrial customer, without a real independent validator, instead a lawsuit and the diversion of promises of other models of the E-cat, now my area of uncertainty is more about whether the things claimed such as the 1MW "reactor" even existed physically, and how many people actually are involved in this and have they even met physically, or is it all just email and computer generated images.

Thomas Clarke,

I registered for the forum in order to thank you for your posts. I've been reading about Rossi regularly for a year, mostly at e-catworld.com, hoping for replications, independent verification, a public demonstration of clearly excess energy, something besides email exchanges between Rossi believers and Rossi, and besides attempted replications that are unsuccessful, inconclusive, or incompletely reported. I hadn't registered for any forums involving LENR or commented on any blogs about it, because I felt I didn't know enough about it yet to have a definite opinion or to contribute usefully. After reading your comments especially in this thread, I feel that I know enough about it to decide it's very likely that it's all a mistake, the part of LENR research centered around Rossi's claims and attempted replication of Rossi.

In this thread you remarked that Rossi could be using methods in his own experiments that give an apparent 2.5 times measured energy production over input energy. That was one of the top lines of argument that led to my decision. Thank you for doing the work of looking into the possible sources of error in the experiments that have been reported, and the work of continuing to comment on the subject publicly and explain the details to others, when obviously one might conclude that since there's nothing to it, there's nothing to be said.

To readers here in general,

The subject in this thread includes making predictions about what will happen in the dispute between Rossi and IH. That's part of presenting competing explanations of what's going on. It's useful for judging the plausibility of points of view and their success, if they come with predictions. So I'll give a prediction:

The case will not go to trial. Since Rossi has nothing that clearly works, only some electric heaters as shown in Lugano, and maybe a large box of electric heaters used as a water heater or boiler, he won't want to put that before a jury. Rossi's motive for filing a case against IH, in my view, was to save his reputation before his fans and potential customers, after he had claimed to run a one-year test successfully. Rossi's only hope of getting something out of IH through the lawsuit is by a settlement pretrial, to make the lawsuit and negative statements from him about IH go away. I saw in Rossi's responses to questions about the lawsuit within a few days after it was filed that Rossi was making the argument that if IH didn't believe his technology worked, then they were committing fraud by dancing around the devices like ballerinas as a way to raise funds for themselves. I think that argument is how Rossi is angling to get paid again by IH.

If there is a real customer, that is, if the admitted shell known as "Jm Chemical Products" maybe also known as "J & C Chemical Products" is backed by a real company with a real product that uses energy in its production either from the test or in other locations for which they've ordered additional plants from Rossi, then this is a company that's not expert in the cost and measurement of electric heater produced hot water or steam, or else is paid off by Rossi or backers of Rossi to act as if it works, or is otherwise a scam or incompetent in some way.

There's a site called freeenergyscams.com which claims, with documentation, that Rossi has been claiming to provide heat for industrial purposes, using the E-cat technology, enough to heat a whole factory, since October 16, 2007, a claim made on an Italian patent application for the E-cat in 2008, and repeated in a US patent application.

http://freeenergyscams.com/and…nd-misleading-statements/

I hope there is some LENR energy device that works and can provide energy at industrial scale, but I think the idea that it's Rossi's looks increasingly unlikely.