Dr Richard Verified User
  • Member since Sep 19th 2018
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Dr Richard

Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but Wyttenburg's patent describes a brilliant idea-a spontaneously-occurring particle accelerator underlying LENR. The protons or D ions are accelerated by rotatory magnetic fields to sufficiently high energies to enable fusion with a proton or Li ion in a central well (on collapse of the coupled field). This all requires engineering on the molecular level, with the wells of specific geometry and Li ions located in their centres. That LENR has ever been observed at all would only correspond with random spheromaks/proton toroids having the ability to react favourably within randomly dispersed pits or cracks on the Ni lattice surface, consistent with eg Ed Storms' previous observations. An appropriately engineered Ni-Li-H lattice, at the nanoscale level according to W's hypothesis, should greatly enhance the probability of LENR occurring repeatably, allowing functional LENR reactors at long last!

Well, that's really serendipitous, Alan, looks like we are on the verge of a major breakthrough! My own 3 dimensional limited understanding is that this represents a rotary particle accelerator which targets a central proton or D ion with sufficient energy to overcome the Coulomb barrier and result in fusion. Brilliant idea, so we can smash atoms together without resorting to a massive linear particle accelerator? From the LION 2 observations (above) it seems this process occurs (magnetic vortex flux tubes) without having to impose any fancy magnetic fields on the system (thanks Axil, there has to be some nucleon smashing to liberate quarks). To test this theory (presumably W has already done this) can we apply powerful magnetic fields to either enhance or suppress this effect? The patent suggests using the usual Ni lattice D ion/proton confinement system but perhaps the diamond/Ni would be a better substrate for the fusion reaction.

Talk about patents - has anyone read Wyttenbach's new patent on rotator coupled field collapse LENR? Sounds plausible - but how on earth do you create such powerful, discrete magnetic fields at this molecular level?

Yes, I know elemental rearrangement or transmutation is probably more accurate terminology (and I meant kV not keV - we can all be guilty of writing rubbish sometimes}. Don't you all think the LENR/cold fusion story has been running too long - decade after decade without resulting in anything of real value? The only hope I see is to embrace new ideas and tech, avoid getting caught up in meaningless patenting (betterjust play the lottery if you want to get rich quick) and don't worry about the "dark side" (there are enough retired scientists like myself who simply don't give a toss about the system) No, this research, is worth pursuing for its own sake if at the end of the day the inexhaustible energy suppiy tied up in matter can be released safely for the BENEFIT OF ALL - NOT for the usual one percent who are dedicated to controlling everything via AI and the internet. So-perovskite tech/doped diamonds are about to be implemented in solar panel construction and in superconductor research - maybe there is a role for such novel materials in LENR?

Might I make a suggestion? Since diamond possesses pyroelectric properties some pyroelectric fusion events might be expected on increasing or decreasing the temperature in the LION experiment. Seth Puttermann's group published a paper on pyroelectric fusion using Ca titanate crystal to accelerate D ions with keV fields to fuse with target D ions, releasing measurable neutrons in Nature in 2005 (but was observed previously by some Russian scientists, I think). Anyway its not known whether this could also occur on the nanoscale level, in diamond crystals the size used in the LION experiments, but it is a possibility. This could account for neutron tracks, high temperature localized Ni spheres and the other strange structures Bob Greenyer observed in the SEMs in LION2.

So on raising the temperature at the beginning of the test run there should be a pyroelectric fusion based rise in neutron count (could this be the "strange radiation"), then cycling the temperature up and down should lead to correlated bursts on the rising and falling phases. This was (partially) observed in Alan Smith & Co's replication. Allowing the temperature to drop at the end of the experiment would also release neutron radiation, as found. Surely all we have to do now is engineer the diamond/Ni nanostucture to optimize the diamond D acceleration sites with the Ni lattice D target sites? Play around with other Pyroelectric Stuff like tourmaline/quartz/magnetite/titanates/perovskites and Bob's your uncle we might have a cold fusion system that actually works repeatably for once! -and a PS, the pyroelectric crystals are also usually ferroelectric too-so the fusion reaction could theoretically be maintained by applying a powerful AC electric field:). Hopefully somewhere along this process we'll generate energy in the form of excess heat!

Thanks for your quick reply: well I'll probably just carry on burning good ol' fashioned wood. You are right to stick to your principles in the face of any unfortunate abuse, thanks for your advice. I worked as a physicist/physiologist in vision at UCL for many years, now a retired scientist. I have been following the LENR story and would be interested in aiding the research effort (too far from your lab in Essex unfortunately, now living in Cornwall) But maybe I'll start up something here, any analyses or writing up research data etc I could help with from here?

Hi Alan; I wondered if the H-cat work was worth pursuing any further, or do you think the heat production was all chemical HHO recombination, no LENR involved? I was thinking of setting up several catalytic converters in series possibly with extra Ni added to the system and pumping through Hydrogen and Oxygen initially to heat the system up, then switching to pure Hydrogen alone. If the high temperature persists then this would suggest some degree of LENR. The whole system including the HHO generator will be housed within my wood/pellet burning stove, the H-cats residing inside the flue pipe to safely generate the heat, with waste gases going up the chimney. Rather like Brillouin's Hydrogen Hot Tube (but without the electrical pulses!)