GRMattson Verified User
  • Member since Jan 24th 2022
  • Last Activity:

Posts by GRMattson

Supposedly a check for $350,000.00 was hanging in the balance. It was lost as a result of the explosion. That magazine in red at the bottom of this page had at least one story about Papp's Engine. Before you buy into an attempt to change history I suggest you study the history. This site also had a discussion about Papp's Engine, which is why I chose it for my research. There is a lot available on the Internet about events involving Papp and his engine.

Frogfall

It is logical that Papp would have replaced the head, as his engines were sealed (no air intake or exhaust valves). The engine was reported to be a Volvo engine that was modified by Tom and Bob Rohner. There is a picture on the Internet that purports to show Papp and the engine. There is also a picture that purports to show the gun barrel pealed back like a banana after the failed demonstration for the navy. These two explosions were what peaked my interest in the Physics behind the engines. I was really put off by Feynman's unprofessional behavior that day.

Awww, REAL experimenters, where are you?!

You firebombed this thread, and made it clear that you are not about to engage in productive discussion about your ideas. Be advised that the moderators will not tolerate that behavior for long. It would be better if you start your own thread to expound your ideas and leave other people's threads in peace. Just because you think your theory is the greatest thing since the Big Bang doesn't give you the right to ram it down other people's throats.

I can’t buy 1 capacitor of 1000 uF and 7 kilovolts, and you say 5000 capacitors, so we will die without them... Something you looked at incorrectly... Who will be smarter among us, who will tell me...

5 farads is a lot of capacitance. Maybe more than the Z-Machine uses. Do your homework. Learn some circuit theory. If you really want 5 farads you must go to a much lower voltage. Sorry but that's the way it is.

When you discharge a capacitor, the current changes over time. What was your meter measuring? Alan said it didn't change.

Was it the current that was making the tar or were you looking for an electromagnetic pulse as well?

So how do I find energy in reactors, how do I make 5 farads need in a reactor, or is this still an id

Connect 5,000 of the capacitors in parallel. Can't you do simple math? A microfarad is a millionth of a farad.

So how do I find energy in reactors, how do I make 5 farads in a reactor, or is this still an idea. I have 1000 uf and 6 gw so far I have not been able to do anything, how many such condors will it take to find 5 farads, who is smart, tell me.

So, the light and heat from the sun is nothing. When we look at the sun there is nothing there. So, what causes the illusion that it is there. You know, it is pretty cool that everything we perceive in the celestial realm is an illusion. Not of much use, though. I guess that makes your theory an illusion also. How long before the Earth impacts the sun. Do I have time for a vacation? What nonsense!

Why you speak about helium, sorry, i don't understand your reasoning ?

Now if you have deep questions about batteries...

it's me below:

Have you read the entire thread? Ideas evolve. I've introduced here the concept of a 'Class' of these types of tunneling induced nuclear reactions. The helium reaction was the original reaction this thread was about and is now a member of the class. Once you have a proposed mechanism for a reaction the way is open for experimental research to prove or disprove the thesis.

Fission means cracking a nucleus. Obviously 7-Li gets cracked....

The reaction proposed here doesn't actually crack the nucleus, and since we now have a second example we have a class of that type of reactions. There may be more. It just happens that the development of the lithium-ion battery brings it into everyday experience. It's hard to ignore EVs bursting into flame. The reaction involving helium may be occuring around us all the time just never detected. Maybe we need a new term for that class of reactions. In any case it clearly is low energy, maybe even more so.

On the contrary, in the Moon (Earth) there is a natural primary synthesis of hydrogen and then the following chemical elements are synthesized up to nickel-iron and the masses of the Moon and Earth increase.

In the case of any engine, we artificially “burn and consume” the mass, that is, we convert the energy of motion accumulated by Nature concentrated in the mass into neutrino radiation and thus obtain “thrust force”

When fusion occurs there is a net loss of mass. Moon size cold fusion over a long period of time would result in the moon drifting away. Others are right. You propose experiments where measurements are impossible.

Dear GRMattson !

When wild geese fly high, even turtles raise their heads!

Place this EMDrive Shawyer's on the scales before and after the experiment, and also determine the isotopic composition of the material before and after the experiment. Then let's continue our discussion.

Although the result is already known: the mass will decrease and the isotopic composition will change. Consequently, nuclear fusion occurred in it.

How does your nuclear engine in the moon square with the moon staying in orbit? Why isn't the moon gone?

Well, generally, when the cops are nice, the crims try to be too.

Things must be different in England. Actually as I recall, you introduced Shawyer's E M drive. Since I have strong opinions about how it might work and how to study it, I jumped on it I've been hoping that Zephir_AWT would provide more info about Shawyer's findings, not so much his theory. A lot of weird stuff passes through here. In my view everyone should be willing to develope their ideas here, not simply make broad claims. I refuse to go on wild goose chases.

Wyttenbach

I'm not interested in your physics. As mentioned the strong force is a made up force, so you can make it whatever you want. All nuclei are bound by it even hydrogen. What is important is what works.

If you move up to lithium there is the possibility of a reaction from Li 7 to Li 6. Or He 6. 92.5% of lithium is Li 7. With the advent of lithium-ion batteries there is plenty of fodder for the reaction to occur. There is also plenty of natural radiation to act as a trigger. And there are plenty of examples of spontaneous fires involving such batteries or battery packs on EVs. Some fatal. So studies involving radiation effects on lithium-ion batteries are called for. Of course some EV fires occurred during being charged. No radiation involved. The Li 7 to He 6 might be the most destructive route.

Thanks for the advice. Just where did you get the idea that you know what reality is?! And reality, dear one, at a fundamental level is non-mechanical and is in a constant absolute movement of the birth and disappearance (convergence-divergence) of matter with the frequency of Planck’s time. It is exclusively in this paradigm, which reflects the real reality in our minds, that the problem of cold fusion and a new engine must be solved.

Don't you think you need to change your thinking if your orthodox thinking cannot solve a problem?

“A problem cannot be solved at the level at which it arose.” Albert Einstein.

Who says I didn't solve the problem. The problem of the problem is you are overthinking it. Not everything involves fusion. Try a simpler solution first.

I know what reality is because I follow the natural progression from everyday experience involving my natural attributes (muscles, vision, touch, etc.) through the development and modeling of science. I don't deal in fantasy like you do.

Let me introduce you to an old friend called 'The Strong Force'. This is a made up force that imposes a potential energy that keeps the nucleous together. If you go on the Internet you will get the impression that it has no limit. Well, I'm going to impose a limit on it, or more specifically a theory that limits its effect. To wit, "The Potential Energy imposed by the Strong Force always has the same value".

Simple! So what does it mean?. The potential energy goes first to holding the nucleons together, with the remainder to the binding energy.

Consider He4 and He3. There is a great difference between their binding energies. Why? Well, He3 has one less nucleon, so we expect it to be smaller. More energy must then be expended to hold them together, particularly the protons. So, that's reasonable.

Here's something interesting. When He4 changes to He3 the change in potential energy is zero. Cool. Also, the energy of the neutron when it tunnels out of the He4 is also zero. So, other than the energy from the spark no energy is necessary to drive the reaction. It is fundamentally a probability driven reaction.