Kieran Cox Member
  • Member since Nov 8th 2023
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Kieran Cox

What you say is totally correct but you know that with anything with a COP less than 5 making a working device given the heat to mechanical or electrical conversion efficiencies, is a dead end.

While I can't speak to needing a COP >= 5 for a working device I can say that I need not look at that to see if a device works. The losses/efficiencies of steam turbine (Tesla or traditional) are well known and there are a multitude of designs.

I need only look at the electrical output after converting back to the energy used. No need for excessive fancy lab testing looking at all the little fun details.

The first thing that should happen is you plug your LENR up to an electricity generating steam turbine of proportional size and show me electricity coming out... consistently for some determined about of time (like hours).

You show me more than 1 watt coming out for every 1 watt going in, and an open test ran say 20 times for like 10hrs each time... then I'm interested. Then, and only then, should the challenging to measure/quantify/guarantee/control-for lab tests ensue. Anything less should be cavalierly ignored.

Really the baseline should be something like 500W going in, to change the world we need some "workable" volume of power to begin with.

If for example Eng8's claims are true, then that setup is neither hard, nor expensive to create and run....*repeatedly* and in public

IMHO, a healthy amount of skepticism is fair. Especially considering the decades of leg pulling going on from various parties about LENR.
    However,

at the end of the day "The best predictor of performance, is performance itself"

We can measure all the thermal output forever, ultimately it means nothing until converted into mechanical or namely electrical energy as that is the energy that was put in to start the reaction. So forgive me as I'm an engineer and deal with what actually does something in the world... All of these tests mean absolutely nothing until an apparatus is constructed to return energy in the manner given, then we can judge the effectiveness based on the amount of energy returned in the format given.

IE, if I put in 100W and I get out 101W or 200W or 400W then in the words of one of my favorite rappers E40, "It is what it is".

I'm confused about why "they" (Eng8 or whomever) are not focused on just making the full device.

I get there are efficiency losses in energy conversion, etc, etc. But who cares? Those losses are something we were always going to have to deal with anyways, and it's better to start looking at and optimizing the entire picture. If the losses can't be overcome to make this "work" then it doesn't work.

Seems simple enough to me. Then keep running tests bi-weekly with a slack channel or other open forum for suggestions on how to reduce the losses of conversion.

Any news on the UL report that was tentatively suggested to be a fortnight out...