anonymous Member
  • Member since Jan 24th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by anonymous

I'm personally a believer in LENR based on scientific evidence, but I welcome polite discussion and interaction with skeptics.

I prefer NEVER to use name calling, and in particular labels like "troll" or "pathoskeptic" should never be applied in polite discourse. These are ad hominem attacks that add nothing the discussion -- they are noise and therefore lower the signal to noise ratio.

Impolite users, or users who simply repeat unsupported attacks over and over are not adding to the discussion, and this should be actively discouraged. Ad hominem attacks should not be tolerated, i.e. [target] is a complete [derisive characterization].

So in short, Mary Yugo -- bring it on politely, yet judiciously. I find that Mr/Ms Yugo's skepticism sharpens my investigation into LENR, and occasionally reminds me of non-corroborating evidence that I had long forgotten.

I bet it's an ELF energy harvester with a resonant collection "antenna" at 10 Hz (i.e. the Schumann resonance frequency), harvesting energy from ionospheric E&M. If it can do 40 mW continuous, I am impressed, but in the end, it is not as good as a solar cell except it works at night.

It will be a cool toy, but to make something that can do a useful amount of energy for a household, say 2 kW continuous, it would take 50,000 Orbos, each about 10x10x3 cm = 300 cc/orbo = 15 cubic meters or about 2.5 meters per side if a cube. But maybe they need to be flat to avoid shielding interior antennas. So if each antenna needs an exposed surface area of 100 sq cms/orbo = 500 sq meters = 22 meters per side. A solar farm on the roof of a typical suburban house + some batteries in the basement is going to be a lot cheaper and 4x smaller. And that is if we can get 40 mW continuous without some orbos even in a flat configuration shielding other orbos.