Scott Fusare Member
  • Member since Feb 17th 2020
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Scott Fusare

Thanks for the tip Axil. I have been watching Bob's videos for a while now, he is quite prolific. Honestly I think he tends to over interpret things but that's just my opinion. Personaly I want to try and stick with what I might be able to replicate from Shoulders work rather than drag in other systems.

This is one of the biggest mental blocks people have about the EVO phenomena. Basically, every spark will produce at least some form of self organizing EVO for a brief period that will ionize a path for the current to follow. When a spark discharge happens there is a plasma soup of electrons, ions, and nano-particles from the electrode. Out of this soup due to a variety of factors including the self generating magnetic field of the charges in motion, a toroidal or spheroidal or spherical EVO will form.

I am not sure I have a "mental block" on this. Just trying to wrap my head around how his work fits in with the well developed and studied field of spark breakdown. In other word, what has he shown that is currently not explainable by the extant work on the subject? Excess energy is one obvious facet but I have not gotten to that in my reading yet.

There is a story about that book. Very few copies were printed, maybe only a couple of hundred. KS was allegedly told his work was going to be classified, so he piled together all the documentaion he could find, quickly assembled it into a book and then mailed it out. When the letter came telling him it was all classified he said' oh dear' I just mailed out this book 'who to?' they asked. 'Ah said KS, I've lost the list'. In his last years he asked that all his work be taken off the web, and in some places that has happened, but not everywhere.

This may or may not be totally correct, but the tale came from a good source.

A friend of mine, Richard Hull, met and spent some time with Ken at a conference back in the mid 90s. The story you tell matches exactly what Ken purportedly told Richard during their time together.

Did he have a reason for wanting his work pulled from the web? That's curious.

Thanks for pointing this out. Clearly I need to go back through the patents in detail. I will do so after I complete the book which, as warned, is not as helpful as I had hoped.

Does it confuse anybody that the book and the papers, which I saw, do not contain a single electrical circuit diagram but plenty diagrams of a Teslaesque contraptions?

Well his artwork in the patents is typical in my experience. It would be unusual to have a cook book sort of presentation in that venue. I was hoping that the book fills some of this in, guess I better get reading. I don't need a cook book but do need more detail than I have found so far.

My understanding is that an EVO is present in front of every newly generated spark, which is probably why he wanted to generate very short, square pulses: any energy added to the electric discharge beyond that required to form an EVO would be wasted. Unfortunately with very short pulses also come great difficulties in performing reliable measurements.

That is my understanding of Shoulders views on this as well. I know he talked about short, fast rise time pulses but I have not yet found where he defines "short" or "fast rise time". I gather there is some threshold that must be met in dumping the charge fast enough to trigger the phenomena.

Yep, high dV/dt waveforms really add to the challenge of measurement technique and data interpretation. I often get the feeling that folks don't fully appreciate the challenges involved with this and happily attribute EMI driven readings to something exotic as opposed to noise corrupted measurements.

This has been my exact concern and something I hope the book might help with. It is not at all clear to me how to differentiate between a "normal" spark and an EVO. Particularly given thta he states all sparks contain EVOs. Perhaps he looked at charge transfer to the target or something similar?

Oh good there is, or at least was, an E-copy floating about. I am brand new to the forum so am not sure exactly who Alan is?

Yes, it sure does look like Ken was an exceptionally talented guy. From what I can glean the apparatus needed to generate and use the EVO effect is not terribly exotic but I have yet to find any evidence that anyone has tried to replicate his work.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

Does anyone know how to obtain a copy, in any format, of Ken's book, "EV: A Tale of Discovery"? I have long been intrigued by his work and have wanted to try an replicate some of what is within in my current lab capabilities. His papers and patents leave some questions that hopefully the book fills in.

Thanks

Scott