JonahMessinger Verified User
  • from Berkeley, CA
  • Member since Apr 18th 2022
  • Last Activity:

Posts by JonahMessinger

While we may not agree with every line of the article, I think our community would be served well to respond positively to this type of coverage. It represents a significant shift that an outlet such as Popular Science would give LENR any positive coverage at all. It is of course worth providing some constructive criticism, but here we have a young journalist who took an interest in LENR and got his editor to publish this piece. I think we should be positive and especially so in our interactions with him and other journalists that may write about LENR moving forward.

Jonah Messinger - the author - is a member of our forum, and visited my lab earlier this year. A US citizen he proposed doing a LENR-based PhD at the Cavendish Lab, but is now doing something less controversial.

The Breakthrough Institute is an environmental research center based in Oakland, California. Our research focuses on identifying and promoting technological solutions to environmental problems.

and human development challenges in three areas: energy, The y

A funders list, shows many sources of income, but not Anthropocene. (link) About Landing

Hi Alan, yes and it was a great visit! I am indeed doing more conventional work for my PhD at Cambridge but I am very happy to be on the MIT research team for the ARPA-E LENR program so still very much active in the LENR research space.

This was in the Anthropocene Institute newsletter. Maybe the Anthropocene Institute and the Breakthrough Institute are the same thing? See:

The Breakthrough Institute

Fusion Runs Hot and Cold

How the academy has gotten cold fusion wrong for over three decades

Jonah Messinger

https://thebreakthrough.org/is…/fusion-runs-hot-and-cold

Thanks for posting the article on the forum, Jed. Thee Anthropocene Institute and the Breakthrough Institute are separate organizations but I am affiliated with both so Anthropocene kindly shared it on their newsletter. Hope you liked the piece. I will try to write more in coming months as time allows.