Zephir_AWT Member
  • Male
  • Member since Oct 21st 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Zephir_AWT

If someone would help me with translation of my Czenglish into a more widely recognized language, I could write a broader picture of cold fusion as I missunderstand it by now. My basic picture is, the LENR is not a single well defined nuclear process, but mechanism of acceleration of whole spectrum of nuclear reactions, which are often already known from colliders and nuclear reactors. The LENR can accelerate the true fusion (like the 3Li(7) + p > 4Be(8)* > 2 He(4)) in the same way, like the decay of 4Be(7) + e → 3Li(7) + ν or electron capture in potassium. Once it gets involved, it does favor the nuclear transmutations into account of free particle formation, because the energy gets released in form of heat instead of fast moving fragments. In this way it's analogous to action of catalyst, which also promote the formation of less equilibrium i.e. negentropic mixture of products.

For example, if we heat the water, it will decompose into hydrogen and oxygen. But once we use a catalyst, then the oxygen may get released in form of hydrogen peroxide, i.e. more complex product, than the water itself. How we can achieve it? Well, we must compress the water with radiowaves into aform of water clusters, which will get subsequently released fast, so that thermodynamically metastable mixture of hydrogen and hydrogen peroxide will remain preserved. And similar process applies during LENR: multiple atom nuclei compressed into single one will balance their energy content smoothly and when this metastable system gets released again, the resulting energy is distributed across many nuclei, so no tiny fragments (i.e. ionizing charged particles) are released into outside. In this way the cold fusion not only enables to merge & combine the atom nuclei faster, but it also helps to utilize the resulting energy in a form of clean heat - in this sense it's a double gift of Nature, rather than single one.

My point is, such a temporal condensation of atom nuclei occurs during low-dimensional collisions, when multiple atom nuclei collide against each other along long stacks, which is just enabled by perfect lining of atoms within metal lattices. The thermodynamics get broken the more, the more distant the system is from random arrangement. Just the factor of geometric regularity is what violates the thermodynamical probability of Coulombic barrier breaking, which is based on solely random arrangement of particles instead. In layman terms, the probability of regular crystal arrangement inside the hot plasma is as improbable, as the fusion of hydrogen in this plasma by Lawson criterions - so that inside the metal lattice these two extremely low probabilities cancel each other mutually. Other than that, the high yield of LENR is a product of synergy of many other contributing factors, which are also widely ignored during calculation of yield of plasma fusion - but the above one is dominant.

Freak waves at the ocean enjoy the positive feedback of wind: such a wave works like the sail capturing the wind the better, the higher it is than another waves, which occasionally leads into avalanche like development of freak waves. I don't see any analogy to cold fusion here.

The cold fusion runs apparently without support of any wave at all, when the deuterons impact the surface of molten lithium. On the other hand, the activation of LENR just by heating implies, the resonance of waves within material gets dominant.

/ * it's a CRT, cathode ray tube making a static electric field (is it static?) making H ions (I presume quartz tube holding a H athmosphere) shoot from one side against the other. Correct? * /

I think so, but the AC component may be also present here. That is to say, the pressure must be low in this reactor or the AC field should be also present. The discharge fills the whole diameter of reactor, which is typical for high frequency discharges due to skineffect - otherwise would shrink into a filament at higher pressure - the thinner, the higher the pressure is. Common cheap/improvised voltage sources have such a component because the element rising the voltage is usually a common transformer.

/* If lithium vapor is absolutely necessary for CF you could do some LI vapor */

The lithium must cover the nickel surface in very thin film similar to liquid crystal: the arranged atoms of lithium (which get their arrangement from underlying metal lattice) is what reacts with hydrogen ions there (we can recall the Pollock's fourth phase of water in this connection). The actual nuclear reaction would run at the surface of few nanometers thick molten lithium layer covering the surface of nickel, which would give it oriented crystal-like structure required for astroblaster-like low-dimensional collisions. According to Norman D. Cook theorythe major source of energy is Li(7) + p > Be(8)* > 2 He(4) reaction between the first excited-state of Li-7 and a proton, followed by the breakdown of Be-8 into two alphas with high kinetic energy, but without gamma radiation. The unusual property of the Li-7 isotope that allows this reaction is similar to the property that underlies the Mossbauer effect: the presence of unusually low-lying excited states in stable, odd-Z and/or odd-N nuclei.

The scalar wave mechanism of cold fusion utilizes frequencies in radiowave (molecular), megahertz (orbital) and terrahertz (nuclear transitions) spectrum. During cold fusion we need them all: the radio frequencies for phonon wave induced collisions of atoms each other within atom lattice, the TV frequencies for resonance of transverse and longitudinal Rydberg waves spreading along individual orbitals and the terrahertz frequencies for inducing resonance of orbitals withing atom nuclei. All these fractal pieces of matter must vibrate wildly in unison for to raise the probability of their mutual collisions followed by multiplication of momentum (Astroblaster ball effect).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IMO practically we just need high frequency discharge with high portion of harmonic frequencies (which occur in rectangular pulses). Such a high harmonics naturally emerge during fast interruption of current for example during plasma electrolysis, the boiling vapor is interrupting and chopping current in very irregular way. Scalar waves emerge when the current gets interrupted fast, not just alternated fast.

IMO it's worth to recall in this connection, Nicola Tesla achieved very high frequency pulses with using of magnetic interrupter: the magnetic field makes the discharge unstable and it decays faster. Most of scalar wave phenomena he observed with this arrangement. http://beforeitsnews.com/free-…sh-the-aether-576485.html

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

/* How RF would penetrate the little crooks and nannies in the Nickel lattice is however beyong my powers of speculation */

The RF doesn't need to penetrate anything, it just serves as a way of implantation of ions beneath the nickel surface (analogy of magnetotron sputtering, which is IMO perfect rector design for cold fusion). As I already said, the DC voltage discharge cannot accelerate the ions very much until the pressure/density of gas remains high, which is important at the case of nickel hydrides, which would otherwise decompose at high temperature and low pressure. The intensity of DC corona can never get so high and once the corona changes into an arc discharge, then the electric energy gets wasted due to low voltage drop of arc, which serves as a short circuit. At the atmospheric pressure the RF plasma works better, as every constructor of Tesla coils knows well.

/* Thanks Zephir, I am struggling with how to apply RF into a NiH lattice. */

This is actually very easy: just use the etched nickel wire as a cathode and to connect it with one-way rectified output of RF generator. The anode is another wire, which may not even protrude the reactor - its capacitance would induce the glow discharge across wall of reactor in similar way, like the discharge inside the plasma ball.

In early experiments with cold fusion the palladium wire served as a cathode of deuterium filled plasma tube. When cold fusion started, then the palladium wire did glow brightly for prolonged time without introduction of any energy from outside. You could use it like the light bulb.

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ArapiAexperiment.pdf
    http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BensonTcalorimetr.pdf
    http://www.iscmns.org/iccf14/ProcICCF14a.pdf#page=308
    http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ENEAabstracts.pdf
    http://www.iscmns.org/FIC/J/JNE3N23.pdf#page=20

There are two extreme ways of achieving high energy density in essence: at first, we can collide the atoms randomly so we have to increase their speed during it - which is primitive brute force and apparently wasteful approach...

Or we could collide long chains of atoms in such a way, their nuclei will get stuck/jammed along a single line in the moment of collision. In this moment the compact stack of atom nuclei serves as a piston or needle and whole the combined momentum of many atoms get concentrated
    into a very small volume, so that the Coulomb barrier gets literally pierced there. I.e. we aren't increasing the ENERGY of individual atoms, but their NUMBER and the inertia combined at the moment/place of collision.

What's better, the usage of this smart directed approach instead of brute force gets rewarded with great utilization of energy of resulting fragments of fusion, i.e. the electrons and neutrons. These neutrons don't leave the place of collision randomly, but they're oriented in
    parallel with the line of colliding atoms in such a way they're absorbed inside the long and compact stack of atom nuclei - so that their energy gets dissolved inside the high number of atoms at the same moment.

These neutrons get braked fast, which is why the Widom-Larson theory talks about them like about "Ultra-Low-Momentum neutrons". But these neutrons actually have no low energy - they're just propagating along very dense 1D stack of nuclear matter, which gets packed at the place of
    collision temporarily. Their low effective momentum is given by their extremely low mobility inside this environment.

/* Basically, the lattice physically shepherds the constituent particles to movement along a constricted plane? */

Not just plane but single 1D line - which is something, which cannot really happen inside the chaotic plasma - no matter how dense and hot it is: due to random distribution of particle location and momentum the probability of coincident collision of multiple atoms at the same
    moment gets extremely rare. Which is why the tokamak is just mindless waste of energy.

Inside the random plasma we have few options, how to increase the probability of collinear collisions of particles: for example the fast expansion of gas through narrow nozzle into a vacuum, which eliminates turbulence (some XUL lasers are already using this option). Or by their
    acceleration with linear voltage gradient. Or - as Holmlid is already using - their excitation with beam of laser.

The laser beam is perfectly collinear by itself, so that the particles get oriented their momentum, despite their location still remains random. From this reason the laser activation of fusion requires considerably higher energy densities and it also leaves higher amount of
    ionizing particles, which is also waste of energy.

From this reason the Holmlid's way of fusion has nothing very much with both cold fusion within metal lattice, both with laser fusion as practiced by NIF or Nova experiments, because these arrangements utilize the inertial confinement of plasma, i.e. its fast 3D compression by
    gold target called a hohlraum, which leads into chaotic 3D particle collisions again. And the NIF does very best for to make the collisions highdimensional by arranging the beams from all sides at the same moment - this is reliable way, how to kill the laser initiated fusion
    instead.

For cold fusion the low dimensionality of collisions is simply the key of success.

/* The mechanism of cold fusion is proton decay. */

The formation of muons and decay of hadrons isn't promoter of cold fusion, but actually a parasitic process of it which is running at higher energy densities and which decreases the total energy yield of it. As a clue for this insight may serve for example the fact, that the cold fusion
    usually runs without any muons or even neutrons released into an outside...

The correlation doesn't imply causation and in this case you even have it opposite, i.e. you're promoting retrocausality. The confused mainstream physics is full of such retrocausalities, for example with respect to explanation of pseudogap phase for superconductivity. The
    physicists already know, that the pseudogap phase occurs often together with superconductivity - so that they're deducting, that the pseudogap phase serves as a promoter of it. The situation is exactly the opposite, though - the pseudogap is parasitic, i.e. competing effect for
    superconductivity. Just the fact, that the social parasites hang around rich people often doesn't imply, that these parasites are contributing their richness - on the contrary.

Got it?

I can explain the actual reason of the muon controversy for cold fusion in deeper detail at the more physical level, because it's not actually as difficult to understand, as it looks at the first sight. The energy yield of cold fusion originates from decreasing of net curvature
    of surface of atom nuclei during their merging, i.e. by similar principle, like the merging of mercury droplets due to their surface tension.

The decay of hadrons followed with formation of smaller fragments like the muons actually decreases the total energy yield, because the net surface area gets increased again. As we may imagine, if we would split the water molecules during merging of water droplets, then the
    resulting energy will get lowered, because it will get consumed into a decay of otherwise stable water molecules (or protons at the case of atom nuclei).

So nope: the decay of proton and formation of muons isn't mechanism of cold fusion, but its competitive process instead.

Another reason, why the plasmons wouldn't participate on nuclear fusion is, these surface ripples are rather slow, whereas the polarons are much faster (analogously to speed of surface ripples with respect to underwater sound speed). The nuclear reactions are extremely fast with compare to orbital transitions, not to say about surface waves of them so that the cold fusion will finish before these waves will be even able to move.

Regarding the plasmons, inside the metal lattice we cannot have subsurface vibrations (i.e. polarons) without some surface ones (i.e. plasmons) in similar way like we cannot have sound waves inside the water without some surface noise) and the composite vibrations of both (i.e. polaritons), but IMO the lattice collisions are dominated by subsurface effects, which manifest itself with jets and vortex rings at surface instead of ripples.

IMO the cold fusion can be initiated both with impacts of deuterons from outside, both by resonance of lattice waves, which essentially means, during cold fusion we should use the AC discharge with DC component: the DC component injects the ions beneath surface of metal and the AC components will hammer them there. If you find some resonance frequency for it, the better - but from my above links its apparent, the AC component and waves isn't really necessary for cold fusion, when the accelerating voltage is high enough.

But there is caveat with discharge at the atmospheric pressure during layman experiments, that the ions cannot get too high energy due to Towsend's avalanches and self-ionization - no matter how high voltage its used. We for example cannot generate X-rays with common plasma ball, but once it gets evacuated, then there is no problem with it.

So that once we try the LENR at sufficiently high pressure, we should use the AC component, i.e. HF discharge, we would compensate this negative effect a bit.

I also consider the idea, that the cold fusion/ LENR could be responsible for global warming seriously. Actually it was just prof. Steven A. Jones (a Fleishmann & Pons collaborator from Utah University) who started to deal with cold fusion first after finding, the content of He3 in many mineral springs remains unreasonably high.

http://www.livescience.com/434…helium-gas-emissions.html

My general idea here is, the cold fusion formation of He-3 is catalyzed with cloud of dark matter, which entered the solar system at the beginning of last century and it heats the Earth crust from the bottom, soil and marine water. I collected multiple evidence for this hypothesis already.

http://aetherwavetheory.blogsp…-galactic-superwaves.html
    http://aetherwavetheory.blogsp…s-for-climate-change.html
    http://aetherwavetheory.blogsp…ul-quantities-change.html
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Physics_AWT/search?q=warming&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

https://www.facebook.com/chemonuclearfusionproject http://newenergytimes.com/v2/l…ear-Fusion-ER2006-42W.pdf http://www.roxit.ax/CN.pdf http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MinariTexperiment.pdf http://www.diva-portal.org/sma…iva2:52651/FULLTEXT01.pdf

Fusion device particle spectrum

/* If NiH effect is phonon driven - what frequency(ies) would you suggest make most bang */

Did I say, it's phonon driven? I don't remember it... I did talk about low-dimensional collisions. There is Znidarsic theory, according to which the surface and bulk of atom orbitals must get into a mutual resonance and the resulting resonating frequency predicted is in range of few THz. IMO this frequency is too high, because what resonates is not surface of single atom orbital, but multiple entangled ones, so that the resonating frequency gets lower.

me356: Reactor parameters [part 2]

/* The mechanism of cold fusion is proton decay. */

Complete BS. You're just raising this concept, because you just read about it in context of some new experiments before few hours, which is your usual modus operandi for enthusiastic pushing of whatever idea thinkable at all places of the web.

Voila - a proton decay!! Who would think of that?!? Did you read about my new theory of cold fusion?
    You're behaving like some little kid in this respect...

So now you're full of it - but you probably missed the detail, this decay was just dismissed by these experiments - not confirmed. Normal person would say: I see, this idea cannot work for cold fusion - if nothing else than because these experiments didn't confirm it. But it makes absolutely no obstacle for you. I'm pretty sure, if these experiments would confirm the proton decay, you would twaddle about it as enthusiastically, like today, because the logical thinking is not something which you want to bother with.

The cold fusion is a consequence of multiple contributing factors, but the dominant one is driven with quite classical physics and it utilizes the low-dimensional character of lattice collisions. The cold fusion arising from free collisions in plasma cloud is extremely improbable from thermodynamic perspective, because the simultaneous collision of many atoms (along single line) is also extremely improbable inside the plasma gas. Not so inside the well arranged crystal lattice...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Physi…ntional_source_of/cl8nnf8

There is no need to raise exotic extensions of GUT or Standard Model - especially not in the moment, when they were (again) falsified by (absence) of proton decay.

Axil is twaddling a lot again about things which he doesn't understand at all - even at the solely shallow conceptual basis. Why just the people who have nothing to say are these more verbose ones?
    The absence of proton decay confirms Standard Model, which doesn't allow LENR and it therefore strengthens the impossibility of LENR. This is the straightforward conclusion from experiments linked.
    In addition, the fast running process like the LENR cannot depend on extremely low numbers like the 10^34-year lifetime of proton, the above experiment is therefore orthogonal/irrelevant to LENR.

All the rest is just confused postmodern word salad about things which aren't related to GUT/Standard Model at all.

/* So 356's hiding his CF secrets to save us from ourselves, is actually a bad move for our civilization. */

My philosophical maxim is, the information just wants to be free, at the moment we are hiding it, it smells with something. So that the ideal world should have to be opened. Of course, we are living in less than ideal world by now - but at least we know, where to converge.

/* Matches are not regulated by the NRC but neutrons are. */

The usage of fire is also regulated, but you can still build neutron sources, like the fusor legally. In Germany, as probably is for most other EU countries, the legal limit is a dose of 20 uSv/h, if the load is at most 250 hours per year.