Zephir_AWT Member
  • Male
  • Member since Oct 21st 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Zephir_AWT

/* in just few miliseconds even 1L of hydrogen can just “disappear” and is irreversibly transformed to other kind of energy (including neutron
    radiation) */

That's 83 mg of hydrogen, which would correspond the energy yield of 13.3 kilograms of TNT in form of hydrogen bomb... But it has been proposed, the LENR runs with much lower energy yield than fusion of hydrogen according to reaction Li(7) + p > Be(8)* > 2 He(4) + 17.26 MeV

/* Should we ban Rossi-related discussions? */

Of course not. Like it or not, Rossi is the most close of commercialization of cold fusion.
    Not to say, the censorship at forum dedicated to cold fusion, i.e. the topic already censored with mainstream physics would be moronic oxymoron.

/* Please list the post that contains info that concerns you and explain why */

LENR Produces Eternal Cosmic Inflation, LENR is a Fundamental Force of Nature, articles about polyneutrons, tachyons, antiparticles, monopoles, Rydberg matter and whatever else stuff, which you did fall into platonic love after very first reading...

/* It seems to be impossible. A violation of conservation of energy. I asked the author for a reprint. */

I dunno about Nassika's drive, but the Dirac electrons require an energy for their preparation: we must essentially squeeze the normal electrons into a narrow layer, from which these electrons will struggle to escape. So I don't think, this effect violates the conservation of energy as such. It merely points to elasticity of wave function of single free particle, which tends to expand into infinite volume, once it has such an option.

/* physicists at MIT and Israel's Technion have found that subatomic particles can be induced to speed up all by themselves, almost to the speed of light, without the application of any external forces ... "The electron is gaining speed, getting faster and faster," */

It works only for so-called Dirac electrons and after we should realize, what these electrons actually are. These are electrons which were constrained in motion (geometrically frustrated) like the mice bouncing inside the narrow hole. So if we give such an electrons opportunity to escape, they will gain a speed during it. This effect is not so different from accelerating of particle gas escaping from jet nozzle with the only difference, it may apply to a single particle.

/* Could this be related to the EmDrive? */

Some theories (like this one of Guido Fetta, who develops Cannae drive) involve the formation of real particles from virtual particle in vacuum. These newly formed particles would have a tendency to expand into a larger volume (after all, they're dark matter particles in essence) and the conical shape of EMDrive resonator would orient their momentum, after then. If this theory is correct, then some guidelines could be derived from it. The scalar wave particles ignore metals (and all materials blocking photons and electrons) in general, but they're bounced of superconductors and ferromagnetics, as they interact strongly with Dirac electrons inside these materials. Therefore it would give a meaning to make the EMDrive of superconductive walls in similar way, like the Cannae drive does. Actually the Nassika's thruster is formed just with conical superconductor shape equipped with magnet and it reportedly exhibits drag even without any electromagnetic waves introduced into it (i.e. like true perpetuum mobile).

/* The lack of comity within the LENR community is disgraceful. The vitriol within the community is horrendous. */

The opponents of mainstream play a role of dark matter surrounding the mainstream. Their common denominator is their attraction to their common opponent, but the dark matter particles are otherwise repulsive - which is the reason, why they're concentrated at the perimeter of galaxies. With compare to them, the cohesive community of mainstream physicists plays a role of boson condensate inside the central black hole and it exhibits the principal collegiality, if not dogmatic superfluidity with respect to their own mainstream ideas.

Compare also http://www.scientificamerican.…ally-is-like-herding-cats
    The cold fusion proponents are liberals by their very nature, their opponents are conservatives instead. But the liberals tend to oppose even in topics, which they mutually agree with.

/* Perhaps reactions occur in which multiple electrons simultaneously transfer energy to one proton */

This is the key sentence here. In which arrangement most of particles can transfer their energy into a single one?

Otherwise it's good to realize, that despite its nearly mythological significance for cold fusion, this fundamental experiment was never attempted to replicate in peer-reviewed journal and it quickly became a taboo for mainstream physics.

/* Why do you still feel bothered by him? */

Because he feels upset with him, this is not so difficult to understand. On the other hand I can also understand the attitude of me356, despite I don't appreciate it. The pathoskeptical deniers aren't the only enemy of the cold fusion, the second most significant one is the greediness of people involved. Once they get just one step ahead, they will embargo all useful information until someone else will not advance them and so on...

/* a transition metal lattice is not strictly required to observe the effect */

I'd also agree with it, as the cold fusion can run at the surface of pure molten lithium with deuterons accelerated with 4 kV only. No other metal is required for it (lithium is forming hydride on its own). The other question is, how to accelerate the hydride anions into collisions without synergy of some lattice, which would dissolve them and keep them at sufficiently high density within solid phase.

/* Axil is indeed smart, he can create word salad like I've never seen before, and he has been doing it for years */

IMO he spreads word salat often just because he is not so smart, he is merely the blind fact and links collector - but sometimes he may get useful just with it. The cold fusion topic is holistic in its present stage of development, every detail could have its meaning later. So it doesn't imply, everything what Axil says is BS, he just needs some filtering.

/* Fleischmann and Pons were not aware of Tandberg's work */

I'd consider politely it's true but I don't believe it. In particular Dr. Jones from Utah university who worked with Pons originally had very good reviews and complete background information about history of cold fusion and transmutations. Their research was quite directed towards palladium from its very beginning.

/* I'm shocked that so many people on this forum don't care if they are teased and taunted. I think part of the reason is that they don't seriously desire replication to happen. They are here for entertainment. */

This is exactly my opinion as well. Modern people are douches, they're just visiting these forums like another TV shows and their mindset just demonstrates it. It's me356's full right to escape from this forum at his very best - but why we should apologize him for such a behavior? But I wouldn't ask me356 for anything: if he wants to return with some sensible information, he will be welcomed here in the same way, like every other poster with no history. Maybe he mastered the LiAlH4 technology, maybe not - so far his mastership didn't help anyone here.

/*even if me356 should have fooled us, we lost nothing except some hope and time */

It may be enough for people who value their time and feelings. The douches who are only wasting their time here can still feel satisfied with it, though...

/* he first people who reported cold fusion were Paneth and Peters in the 1920s, according to Fleischmann */

It's rather difficult to believe, Fleischman knew about Paneth and Peters, but not about John Tandberg, who patented the same device, like the Fleischmann did some fifty years later.

I'm with AxilAxil in this matter. Rossi has promised multiple-times, he will not get engaged in patent wars, as he plans to eliminate competition with cheap plentiful production from robotized plants. No robotized plants ever existed and Rossi just wants to get rid of competition in the same way like every patent troll (he has in his own words over 140 patent applications submitted). Which I consider problematic just at the case of Piantelli, as I have multiple reasons to believe, he is actual founder of nickel fusion technology, not Andrea Rossi.

/* am pretty sure Mills discovered it before Piantelli. He announced first. It is possible Piantelli did not know about Mills.*/

Do you mean Randell L. Mills? Mills still believes, he has hydrino technology in hands and he always opposed the cold fusion based interpretation.

/* The first person to suggest trying nickel was Martin Fleischmann. */

Fleischmann also didn't come first with cold fusion, John Tandberg did.

IMO me356 is on correct track - but he is just one step ahead. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    We should realize, the Earth is occupied with billions of people, but only few ones are doing experiments with cold fusion on their very own.
    We know about electric stimulation of LENR many years, even Defkalion has placed a spark igniter discharge into its reactor.
    Me356 is just first amateur, who finally used discharge in his experiments too - no less, no more.
    Everyone of you could do it too with me356 or without him.

/* I am not familiar with the Astroblaster model */

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

/* the more stable the Bose-Einstein condensate of hydrogen isotopes */

I wouldn't call the condensate or Rydberg matter the stuffs which occur during fusion, no matter how cold it is. It's more exact to call it degenerate matter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_matter

It's true, the atoms are heavily entangled mutually inside such a matter in similar way, like the atoms within boson condensates, but this artifact is very unstable and it decays fast.
    The difference is just in temperature dependence: the degenerate matter likes it hot, whereas the boson condensates or Rydberg matter are sensitive to heat instead...

/* The fundamental engineering challenge is to remove heat from a reaction zone fast enough to keep the temperature down */

This is just what the Astroblaster model solves: the thin rods of dense matter formed during linear collisions of atom nuclei serves as both effective absorber energy, both its radiator into an outside.
    Despite the conventional wisdom, the absorbtion of neutrons or gamma rays with matter is quite stochastic and rare process: there is lotta place at the bottom, as Feynman once said.
    It means that the neutron or gamma ray photon must pass many atoms before it will finally hit something, because atom nuclei are tiny with respect to distance between atoms.

The nuclear collisions during cold fusion are different: the long chains of entangled atoms get arranged along straight line and the photons or neutron get absorbed along these lines too.
    Their absorption is therefore very effective and it's finished after short path. In addition, such a rod-like artifacts have large surface area and they're cooling fast with thermal collisions with another atoms, before they decay.
    It makes big difference in comparison to pin-point collisions inside hot plasmas, where the energy of collision must release and spread from a single point. It leads into radiation of many particles with high energy, which is the main source of energy loss during hot fusion (not to say about their radiation effects).