Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

As far as I can tell, the 1-year test did not work

Well Jed, after reading your other posts, this confuses me. "As far as I can tell", is something new from you. Before, everything you said was much more absolute.

Are you being fed some new info you are not telling us about? Do you: "Have a secret, and no one else knows about...hahaha"? Do not be ashamed if you do, as it seems no one worth their weight enters the LENR inner sanctum without having a secret no else can know. :)

I share Nigel's frustration. Apparently we here are viewed as useful idiots to be fed information from mysterious sources, with the hope we will buy into it and argue their side. In this latest, obviously the leak came from either Rossi, or most likely a close confidant of his, because if this isotopic shift were confirmed by IH, they would be on Rossi's front door step begging him to take the $89 mil.

Now, almost as soon as this information pops up (right when Dewey just happens to be "passing by" :) ), we get another new ECW character as Alan mentions, saying just the opposite (the ash shows no shift)....Check. Is he legit, or just some "passer-by" that see's an opportunity for some fun? You just never know. As many have noted, the net is full of characters looking for a quick thrill.

This all seems so silly when sitting right there in the Doral "factory", with padlocks put on by both Rossi and IH, still sits the solution to the answer we seek. All it would take would be to let some engineers fire that baby up, run it a few days, and the lawsuit disappears, along with our doubts.

If your marriage sucks and someone asks you how the wife and you are getting along...except for a close confidant, you usually tell them everything is OK. You do not tell them you can't stand the hag until you file for divorce. IH/Rossi had a rocky marriage almost as soon as they exchanged vows. As you would expect, they both, right up to the end, had positive things to say about each other.

Argon,

Thanks for the heads up. I read McKubres summary as you suggested, and it was interesting on a number of accounts. I kind of chuckled though when he said that the higher echelon physicists that suppressed the field after FPs were gone, so clear sailing ahead...as I had just listened to this recorded NPR interview from May 2016 with Princeton's hot fusion lab director, and he lambasted CF starting at 12:50:

http://qz.com/676426/they-said…-power-to-save-the-world/

They go on to interview Hagelstein, and Godes, but nothing new from them. Godes still needs more money, and if he get's it, thinks that in 2 years he can have a product for the market. Oh well, at least SRI still supports him.

Jed,

What a coincidence reading of your inexplicably having your hands tied from reporting on a successful, and independent verification of the Ecat, as I just read in the official ICCF19 proceedings McKubre's summary, where he criticized the field for keeping secrets from each other. Said in so many words that doing so had held LENR back for 26 years, and that it is time everyone stop with the "I have a secret, and you don't...hahaha"...OK I made that part up :) ,but he did say that for the good of all, all involved needed to cut the crap and get their best experiment out to others to study and replicate.

Curious, do you also think this secrecy game has held LENR back?

But not this one, as far as I know. Or if it was a hoax, it was someone else who did it. Rossi did not supply the instruments or set up the test, and it was not at his facility. This set of tests has more credibility than other ones.

Jed,

Such an independent test would be very important. Do you know why they decided to keep it quiet, or why they will not allow you to speak up?

Seems to me this: "I have a secret and you don't...hahaha" :) has plagued the industry for some time. Or at least it has the LENR+ side. Getting harder to take this whole thing seriously.

The modified side agreement (the one missing some signatures) may be lumped in with the original contract agreement in Rossi's suit...giving the appearance JM was around since 2012, but we all know they were formed in 2014 when IH was supposedly unable (Dewey disagreed and said IH did have someone lined up) to find a test plant, and Rossi stepped in and did it for them.

If this has been an issue I must have missed it?

Dear Mr. Rossi,
    here in Germany some statements from earlier are still under discussion:

October 31st, 2011 at 9:01 AM:
    We have started the manufacturing of 1 MW plants. Who wants to buy them whatever its Nation, can contact us at:
    November 23rd, 2011 at 3:14 PM:
    The 1 MW plants are already for sale. The small E-Cats will be for sale within 2 years.
    November 28th, 2011 at 6:48 PM:
    Today we sold in the USA a 1 MW plant which will go to a normal Customer. This installation will be visitable by the qualified public.

What were the delays at that time and can it happen today also again?

God bless you,
    Martin

Andrea Rossi
    July 4, 2016 at 11:59 AM
    Martin Pietsch:
    October 31st: yes, it was the plant that eventually has been tested.
    November 23rd: in fact the 1 MW plants were for sale at the time; about the domestic, I assumed 2 yesrs would have been enough for the safety certification, but I was wrong. My mistake.
    November 28th: yes, we sold it, but later the Customer did not pay the installment that had to be paid at the order. Eventually that same plant has been sold to Industrial Heat.
    There are issues that do not depend on me and would need a cristal ball to be foreseen…besides I am sometimes too optimistic, this is a characteristic of mine…and of every inventor.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

Can everyone agree that the longer the story goes on with more promises of "massive production" and no examples of actual installation of even a few beta-testing sites, the less credibility Rossi has?

Dartin,

As this Rossi story has progressed the past 5 years, many have quietly slipped away after reaching their saturation level on their BS meter. One can only hear him say the same thing over and over again for so long without seeing it come true, before most reasonable people have had enough. Those remaining as supporters have some inner tolerance reservoir I lack, as I also jumped off the Rossi bandwagon after my BS meter pegged out when (IH) did what they did.

Rossi apparently stays attuned to the LENR blogosphere, and realized one of his weaknesses needed patching up as he ramps up his PR machine before trial -has to develop that "little guy" image after all :) , which was about his many boasts of massive production, and customers with nothing to show for it. So the other day, for the first time I recall, he allowed a question from a German so that he could then answer that very thing. But in so doing he actually revealed what appears to be another sign that his 1MW does not work. Rossi admitted he had sold a 1MW in Nov 2011, but the customer "did not make the first installment payment".

As Rossisays many times, the 1MW customer always gets a due diligence before buying, and I would think this one customer exercised that right....and then walked away by Rossi's own account. Then he said IH came next and bought the very same 1MW, and now IH is walking away after even more DD.

Along those lines, he recently...after the suit, said he was making 3 of the 1MW's for this mysterious customer, and would deliver in 180 days. Since then, he has done his usual backpeddling via mis-answers, no answers, vague answers, until finally he did what he always does also, and shut the topic down by saying "let us not talk about it anymore until a product is out". With history as a guide, you will never see those 3 plants in operation, or meet the customer (except in court).

Now, the exact same pattern continues with the Quark-X. And why not, it works.

Jed,

So are you saying that when IH initially agreed with Rossi's plan for the GPT, that at that time it complied with Florida's boiler regulations, so they went along with it?

But at some point along the way, Rossi decided to veer off the legal path, but IH was prevented from stopping him because the "funding was all paid up by that time"?

Look, this is not important. Why don't we wait for further developments? No reason going out on limbs for no reason at this point. As Renzsays, most here, including you and I, think the 1MW was an 20kW space heater, so IH did no harm, so no foul .

Jed,

If what IH mean't when they claimed Rossi: "departed from the purported test plan" (how many more parenthesis do I have left Alan :) ), was that he went rogue and violated safety regulations, yet they (IH) continued funding and support, then they are equally culpable for not doing their civic duty by stopping Rossi at that point.

So, I do not believe that is what they mean't. There must be a piece missing from this picture.

Ih did agree with Rossi's plans for the GPT. They are not the types to have semi-signed off on it, knowing he would be conducting an illegal operation by running an unregulated boiler. Another one of those things that just don't add up.

This was also brought up during the test period, and I think someone said that as long as a real consumer product (intended for market) were not being made, it was exempt? Just throwing that out there, so go easy on me.

anonymous,

Rossi may be delusional, but that does not excuse him for his lies. There have been so many I have lost count. I could quote them almost chapter and verse, but most here are tired of hearing it. And the way he uses his JONP is irritating. You either suck up to him, or you are "spammed by the robot". That is not the way an honest person conducts themselves.

Going forward though, my dislike of Rossi will do me no good in objectively judging events as they unfold, so I will try and compartmentalize. I may slip here and there, so I may need some reminding of that! :)

One will fall, I would be surprised if they settle.

Matts,

Not too sure about that. If the MTD fails, IH may find it better to settle than risk a jury trial. In his suit, Rossi petitioned for a jury trial instead of a "bench (Judge) trial" for the reasons the following explains well:

Why a Trial by Jury is Usually a Better Choice for most plaintiffs,

First, the standard of proof in a civil case is much lower than in a criminal one. While judges have a firmer grasp on the burden of proof and how that burden can shift based on proofs and defenses made throughout the course of a case, juries usually do not. The burden that they usually understand and adhere to is that of a preponderance of the evidence (i.e., that something is more likely than not).

As a result, the vast majority of juries will find plaintiff's have shown a preponderance of the evidence in favor of their position in any case that has survived to the point of going to trial. That makes a plaintiff's job much easier, and allows one to focus more on maximizing the available recovery than dealing with the legal intricacies of every possible defense that might need to be overcome.

Juries also tend to be much easier audiences than judges. Communicating with a jury is more about telling a compelling story. Juries tend to be more interested in assessing fault more as one would analyze the story of a good play or book. They listen to the drama unfold through the arguments and testimony, then decide the case based on who they believe should win under the circumstances. Judges, on the other hand, are much less swayed by the emotional appeal of a case, and tend to decide based on legal nuances and subtler understandings of the law than would ever occur to the average juror. Thus, they may render a totally different verdict than a jury simply because they analyze the case not as a normal lay person, but as a highly trained and experienced legal professional.

Finally, the biggest advantage to a jury trial is the amount that juries tend to award. Juries are much more ruled by their passions than judges, so a particularly compelling story about how a victim suffered injury or harm at the hands of the defendant can lead to a much heftier award than a dispassionate judge would grant. Thus, it is no surprise that the biggest verdicts in US history have all come from jury trials.