frankwtu Member
  • Member since Feb 14th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by frankwtu

joshg

The topic is straying off I suppose. But to analyse relevant influences that add or distract from "Cutting Through the Fog Surrounding the Rossi/IH Dispute" will invariably touch on how we communicate, being a 'rube' is one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey,_Rube!

But I go back to my original assessment:

These are the facts IMHO:

Industrial Heat applied for a patent with information property which Rossi sold to them which they believe is 'their' property and so the patent application is legal, in their application they claimed it 'worked' and was 'useful' which they have to do otherwise the patent will not succeed. This is the evidence that IH believe in the Rossi effect. They have not broken any contract conditions doing this. Industrial Heat believe Dr Rossi's invention works and have not questioned the ERV report at least not directly and in public. However, they can't make it work for themselves. Even with the assistance of other LENR competitors of Rossi. They can only conclude Dr Rossi has not given them the necessary intellectual property and technical assistance, as is required under the contract, to make it work so they have 'legitimately' withheld the $89 million.

But now we know that the ERV provided 3 monthly reports apparently along the lines of the final report and that Darden et al far from raising a red flag used the information in their fund raising and investment programme.

Hardly the actions of someone who does not believe Rossi's invention works; unless of course you are involved up to your neck in a 'scam'.

Best regards
    Frank

Peter

By the way, the acronym LENR. Is it deliberate that Nuclear became Nanoscale?

Perhaps it is a chosen approach in the patent application field but you can see from the list below (see link) of LENR patents that they mention LENR, Fusion, Cold Fusion and nanoscale particle accelerators and nuclear reactions.

My opinion? It does not matter what you call it, its what you can discover about 'it', harness it' and bring 'it' to market, whatever 'it' is; that matters.

http://kb.e-catworld.com/index…of_important_LENR_patents

Best regards
    Frank

Thomas

For one thing it would be a factually incorrect deduction.

Exactly the same as Levi being incapable of proper 'Lugano' testing because he designs microcontrollers for pinball machines is factually incorrect. Okay I know you have apologised for that, but you see your logic is not anywhere close to 'Bayesian' more like 'cherry picking'.

Tom, you do a good job. Don't destroy the reputation you have with some of us (including me) by diluting your very informative observations with what amounts to 'mud slinging'.

Best regards
    Frank

Peter

Yes, but introducing magnetic monopoles (forbidden by Maxwell's Gauss law for B-fields from 1861) to LENR takes more than a statement.

So, it also requires 'comedy' for clarification?

With all due respect I suggest you leave out the sarcasm and stick to 'discovery'. You see how inappropriate use of innuendo can take us off at a tangent which is unwelcome for all of us.

Best regards
    Frank

me356

Thought this might be helpful.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Best regards
    Frank

Thomas

Ad homs......

As is evidenced on this thread Levi has a record of delivering highly inaccurate results from these tests. Perhaps this is because his real competence is in designing microcontrollers for pinball machines?

Whilst it may be accurate to say Levi has delivered inaccurate results, IMHO it is an 'ad hom' to suggest this is because he designs microcontrollers for pinball machines.

It is like saying Thomas is incapable of making valuable scientific comment on the Lugano tests because he is an engineer not a scientist; which of course would clearly be an 'ad hom. Just to clarify I am not suggesting this by the way.

Best regards
    Frank

PS: Your work with Lugano is positive in my opinion and worthy of evaluation.

Tom

You and I draw the line in different places, your comments above I would say are bordering on 'ad homs' because they are "An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion".

From urban dictionary - "Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence". I don't place you in this category but you can see the dangers of using such tactics, as you wisely instructed me some time ago 'ad homs do your case no good'.

I know we disagree on many things but I have always thought you would use logic, intelligence and science to further your point, all be it from your own perspective. But considering 'human relationships' and 'cherry picking' personal events to predict future 'confidence' in wise actions is not remotely science (unless you include the treatment Pons and Fleishmann received as 'science).

Best regards
    Frank

Looks like the ad homs have subsided quite considerably and we have a healthy exchange, I'm pleased to say. We have a flash of light shining through every now and then including yours Hermano, very interesting @ http://www.jovion.com/

"A clear infrared signal has been measured for gases flowing through polycarbonate Casimir cavity nanotubes, both when uncoated and when coated with gold. The signal was obtained for all gases tested, N2, Ar, Xe and He. In an attempt to explain the results in terms of conventional thermodynamics, we analyzed them to see if Joule-Thomson cooling, frictional heating, adsorption/absorption heating, or turbulence could account for the results. None of these clearly fit the data, but it is possible that a combination of effects could. At this point it appears that ZP energy extraction from the quantum vacuum remains a possible explanation for the observed radiation. More experimental work will be required to determine if this is the correct explanation".

Best regards
    Frank

FORECAST - PERSISTING FOG

Meteorologically speaking fog is nothing but a very low stratus cloud - causing any light present to be reflected off in different directions.

anonymous: A cruel joke; never the less Rossi finished off with wise words - "wait to see which evidence will be brought in Court". It sounds as though someone is hoping Rossi will 'crack' before the court case, I wonder why?

Best regards
    Frank

From Wikipedia

"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant" ("Hail, Emperor, those who are about to die salute you") is a well-known Latin phrase quoted in Suetonius, De Vita Caesarum ("The Life of the Caesars", or "The Twelve Caesars").[1] It was reportedly used during an event in AD 52 on Lake Fucinus by naumachiarii—captives and criminals fated to die fighting during mock naval encounters—in the presence of the emperor Claudius. Suetonius reports that Claudius replied "Aut non" ("or not").

Replace Imperator (Emperor) with Alfius Flavus—the precocious pupil of Lucius Cestius Pius and contemporary with Seneca the Elder, who while only a boy was so renowned for his eloquence that crowds flocked to listen to his orations. On the other hand maybe its just a simple reference to 'Alf Stokes'.

Let battle begin, its clear Dr Rossi sees this as a David (on his own) and Goliath (and his army) type of 'shoot the inventor stage' encounter!!

This I agree with Dr Rossi about and it is as follows:

wait to see
    which evidence will be brought in Court

No more speculation from me!

Best regards
    Frank

Tom

We do at least share one attribute and that is we are both prepared to modify our opinions in the face of indisputable evidence; at least I hope that is the case. So I am waiting along with everyone else and I am sure there will be a fair bit of re positioning, which is only right, when things become clearer. That's a requirement of discovery I think, but also to 'think outside the (container) box' and that's perhaps where we part company. I am prepared to give a great deal of leeway to new ideas whereas you appear to use old physics (from within your own container) to discredit new ideas. I am quite opposed to the development of any scenario resembling the humiliation that Pons and Fleishmann had to endure.

But in fairness, I do appreciate the need for rigor which I respect and admire you for, but 'ad homs'? A very wise scientist alerted me to those dangers so I think it does our case no good!

Yes, of course I will change my view if need be, how about you?

Best regards
    Frank