E-cat Lugano Calorimetry - interesting comment

• Official Post

On E-cat news, the home of the skeptic there is a very interesting comment, which focus on a detail of Lugano test.
    As Thomas Clarke and MFMP wrote, the increase in emissivity can greatly reduce the real temperature of the reactor, even if this increase also the power emitted at the same temperature.
    Under this hypothesis, which seems credible, but yet to confirm, I disagree with Thomas on the final minimal COP. For him it is a simple heater, COP<1. For me it is about 1.5, because the emissivity change works also for the calibration, and because emissivity cannot increase above the low temp value, and of course not above 1.

This comment adds a point that I noticed also, the change in COP during the test, at constant temperature.

The question remains, for those not supporting conspiracy theories, whether this test was a partial failure, testing the reactor about 900C instead of 1400C, with a real but modest COP, or just as said in the report.
    Both positions have weaknesses.

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• To generate this kind of data with an electric heater, it would require that the test equipment had non-linear, non-constant, errors that changed in direction at random times over the period of the test.

Is this what gets confabulated into "negative resistance" in skeptical circles? Oh dear.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.