Now Thrust from the E-Cat?

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/04/04/now-thrust-from-the-e-cat/']I’m not sure what to make of this — and I am sure that some readers will put this into the “too good to be true” category, but here’s an new angle on the E-Cat from an exchange on the Journal of Nuclear Physics: Giovanni April 4, 2016 at 3:07 AM Dear Andrea, has your […][/feedquote]

• I take pride in pointing out that the theory that I have developed is born out in this latest revelations from ECat-Q engineering. I have predicted that the E-Cat would generate a large amount of negative vacuum energy which would produce significant reactionless thrust.

• How is it reaction-less thrust if there are (LENR) reactions presumably causing it?

Your question is rhetorical right. I have posted on this two dozen times, will one more post do any good?

The E-Cat is producing negative vacuum energy. Here is what we can do with this negative vacuum energy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Trust must precede thrust.

I trust conservation of momentum.
    But I have trust issues with Rossi and axil.

I trust many agree with me.

• I'm open to the EM drive producing thrust. But if there's thrust, I don't think there is reactionless thrust.

There is a good explanation of the antigravity effect in R. Mills works in the section 35 about the fith force. May be there are others. Mills also describes an experiment about how to produce the effect.

• @Wyttenbach

Does Mills have evidence this effect exists? In which case he would be up for a Nobel Prize. In fact there are a lot of Nobel's clearly just awaiting someone who can follow these experiment descriptions and correctly measure the effects....

So we have to choose:
    (1) these effects exist but no-one - even given the possible reward of a Nobel prize - is able to measure them with the rigor expected for something that implies new physics.
    (2) these effects do not exist and all apparent measurement claims are due to mistakes, the ever-present and difficult to eliminate artifacts, or possibly in a few cases deception.

It one (extraordinary) thing to suppose there is a LENR mechanism that creates usable power at low energies. It is yet another (extraordinary) thing to suppose this mechanism also breaks conservation of momentum - something that 99% of claimed LENR mechanisms do not touch.

Let me add to the list of non-trusted people: Rossi, axil, Mills.

• I noticed that in the EM-Drive debate people often confuse "reactionless" with "propellantless".

I should add that I also don't think there needs to be propellantless thrust. Neutrinos could be the propellant. Neutrinos are lightweight, but MeV neutrinos will have a lot of momentum, and there will be an equal and opposite momentum imparted in the opposite direction.

• I was playing with this idea on E-Cat world earlier today… I know its way out there:

"I wonder if LENR Ni transmutations are due to weak force interactions such as stimulated EC or Beta decay and the energy released is ultimately responsible for some of the heat. What would the energy released in the neutrinos be? Could this be directional in some circumstances and lead to thrust due to neutrino emission? A kind of Neutrino Drive?

Putting my over imaginative SciFi head on

Could stimulation (say around 100keV or maybe 66.9 keV maybe from K alpha characteristic X-Ray emission from tungsten say) of normally stable Cu63 lead to stimulated EC and neutrino emission to Ni63 (Qec = -66.9 keV), could the Ni63 (normal half-life 101 years, Q value +66.9 keV) be stimulated to faster beta decay back to Cu63 generating beta electricity and neutrino thrust?

Could in the right kind of electric field or alignment the emission to beta or neutrinos be optimised in some way?

Just some fun I like the idea of a neutrino thruster. Still would be energetically balanced though unless LENR can provide the stimulation.

(if Neutrinos are emitted it would be cool if we can use them in some useful way, They would would not burn a hole in the carpet at least.)"

The Cu63 and Ni63 would thus be continually switching generating neutrinos trough EC and beta emission until the stimulus was switched off then any remaining Ni63 would slowly decay to Cu63.

I guess this mechanism is unlikely although stimulated beta decay of normally stable nuclei has been proposed before in some places as a possible mechanism for transmutation to heavier elements along with the r-process in stars, but if it is possible to have beta decay occurring through some mechanism to generated directed Neutrinos, I think its an interesting idea to have a Neutrino Thruster. Did they ever check the EM drive for temporary transmutations, beta decay, or X-ray emissions I wonder?

Now if directed high density neutrinos could generate or some how be synonymous in some way with a "warp bubble" well that would be pretty cool and amazing too but i suppose reaction thrust from neutrinos could be enough to explain some of the behaviour anyway.

• I do not have sufficient enthusiasm to read the book by Mills. But I'm interested in the "anti-gravity" experiment; could you describe it?

You don't have to read entire book. But after studying some of Mills theorie for me it looks like the classical endpoint of QM. If You read actual LENR papers some formulas and explanation sound very similar. But as You know only experiments can falsify all his stuff.

The electron/Helium scattering experiment is well described starting at page 1568.

• Does Mills have evidence this effect exists? In which case he would be up for a Nobel Prize. In fact there are a lot of Nobel's clearly just awaiting someone who can follow these experiment descriptions and correctly measure the effects....

I would be glad for a refutation. Then we can put one more book on the shelve.

But what, if You, by mistake, measure the effect??

I only trust experiments - this has nothing to do with people. It's a matter of success and at the and of making money...

• Could in the right kind of electric field or alignment the emission to beta or neutrinos be optimised in some way?

If we're speaking of the EM drive, any neutrino emission would have to be anisotropic in order for there to be thrust. One potentially can work backwards from the measured thrust and various levels of anisotropy to obtain possibilities for the reaction rate, assuming ~ 0.5-5 MeV per neutrino emission.

Did they ever check the EM drive for temporary transmutations, beta decay, or X-ray emissions I wonder?

This is something I'm interested in knowing too.

• You don't have to read entire book. But after studying some of Mills theorie for me it looks like the classical endpoint of QM.

I've had around five years to become excited about Mills's theory, and instead I've only become less enthusiastic with the general explanation with each year that passes. This is not to say that I think he's seeing no experimental anomalies; I suspect he is indeed seeing evidence of anomalies. He wants to say that they're due to something other than LENR, no doubt because of his theory, but I suspect he's seeing something indistinguishable from what is seen in some LENR experiments.

It is quite unlikely that I'll be purchasing a copy of his book, and so I'm hoping you'll reconsider and summarize the details of his antigravity experiment.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.