INFINITE ENERGY MAGZINE, Problems and Podcasts.

• As many of you have noticed, the Infinite Energy website has not been working properly for almost 3 weeks. It is either 'time travelling' back to the future with random snippets of old articles or completely '404'd'. Christy Frazier the long-serving Editor in Chief has asked us to let everyone know about the problems. To be honest, they are pretty typical (sadly) of the SNAFU'd state of some web service providers.

Things started to go wrong when a seemingly harmless and routine, but reportedly required hosting plan upgrade resulted in IE's online presence becoming completely screwed, a nightmare which included website and emails.The reason for the 'required' change to a new hosting plan which sparked this domino effect of issues was not even "real" — the hosts said the IE site used 250+ GB of space and needed a different hosting plan for that reason. But it was discovered that 200+ GB of this was an easily deleted "error log file". But, once the allegedly required plan upgrade was underway this proved to be impossible to sort out. IE have been locked out of their site files for three weeks despite Christy spending over 50 hours on the phone with a customer service centre in India and uncounted hours related to the problem, The good news is yesterday they discovered the reason for the excessive site size issue, which makes it feasible and affordable to move IE to another host and recover all of our site which was alleged to be 'no longer available,' Moving everything over to a new host will take a few more days apparently. But it isn't all good new, As of 10 pm Wednesday night,incoming email is not working again. Christy hopes that by end of day Monday the site will be up again, though.Email might not be completely solved for a few days after that.but (As Christy says) "that's life".

Christy wants everyone to know that there is a new IE story As Jed knows, a new podcast has been created (8 episodes) about Gene’s (Gene Mallove) life and work. Gene was the founder of IE who was murdered in strange circumstances.The podcast premieres on Monday, November 6, Christy sent a pdf of the story too, attached below.

GENE MALLOVE https://picturesofinfinity.net/dr-eugene-mallove/

dr-eugene-mallove

For those that don't know much about him the late Dr. Mallove was a graduate of MIT and Harvard; a leading scientist, engineer and writer. He was the founder and editor-in-chief of the bi-monthly journal Infinite Energy and the founder and President of the New Energy Foundation. He is the author of three science books, including Fire From Ice: Searching for the Truth Behind The Cold Fusion Furor (John Wiley & Sons, 1991), which was nominated for a Pulitzer. He has taught science journalism at MIT and at Boston University, was Chief Science Writer at MIT News office, and a top science writer and broadcaster with the Voice of America in Washington DC. Dr. Mallove also wrote science and technology articles for magazines and newspapers, including MIT Technology Review and The Washington Post. Eugene Mallove was the Technical Advisor to the 1997 Paramount Pictures techno-thriller, The Saint, starring Val Kilmer and Elisabeth Shue. The central theme of the film is cold fusion.

ABOUT THE PODCAST... In 2016, journalist David Kushner1 published “The Coldest Case” (Foreign Policy Magazine, July/August),2 profiling the life, work and death of Infinite Energy founder and editor Eugene Mallove.3 Now, Kushner is covering Gene’s story in even more depth in his new podcast series, “Crime Waves,” on QCode Media,4 a well-known podcast network..The first season of “Crime Waves” is an eight-part series about Gene, titled “Cold Truth.” The first two episodes premiere November 6, 2023 (on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and
    other podcast services, such as Radio Public5); a short trailer aired on October 30. This is QCode’s first narrative non-fiction series, written and produced with the media company No Smiling in partnership with Kushner’s Faceplant media company.
    QCode describes the “Crime Waves” podcast as the “strangest true crime stories you’ve never heard of, told by the people who were there—and the ones who picked up the pieces.” They describe Season 1 as “the true story of the life, mysterious death, and still-unfolding legacy of Eugene Mallove, a scientist, writer, and prominent proponent of controversial cold fusion research.”

Mallove Podcast Series.pdf

• I noticed a couple of clips of Jed Rothwell's voice in the trailer.

Just ended the firts episode and agree some clips with Jed’s voice are in there. I think the drama aspect is mainly associated to the music background and the voice of the narrator, I guess it is Ok. I think is a good podcast for people that have never heard the story, a couple of tidnits surprised me, so I think I will keep listening for next episodes.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• First episode seemed well done to me (I'm not usually a fan of "true crime" as a genre). As has been said, I'm sure the material will be fairly familiar to many people here - but it might introduce it to a new audience. Not sure how they will be able to spin it out to 8 episodes, though.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• I'm liking it, the only problem I have with all the episodes is the background music, it's trips me out and find it hard work to ignore it. I have found it better played at low volume on headphones while lying on my side.

• Yeah, I find headphones improves things too. Maybe the extra stereo separation helps to split the voices from the music.

I was listening to a programme on BBC R4 the other week, where they were talking about podcasts, and how the producers assume that most people will listen to them via hedpones or earpieces. I don't know whether that tempts them into tweaking the sound to take advanntage of that. But that assumes all listeners have two good ears...

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• Yeah, I find headphones improves things too. Maybe the extra stereo separation helps to split the voices from the music.

I was listening to a programme on BBC R4 the other week, where they were talking about podcasts, and how the producers assume that most people will listen to them via hedpones or earpieces. I don't know whether that tempts them into tweaking the sound to take advanntage of that. But that assumes all listeners have two good ears...

I hardly ever use headphones, only when I have to. My roommate is always plugged up in some podcast. I got flack for too much music in a video I made and learned to be much more quieter, especially for science.

• The Driveway | Episode 6

Dr. Eugene Mallove’s body is found in the driveway of his childhood home. Some wonder if shadowy forces are at work in Dr. Mallove’s murder. Police frantically search for answers and catch a break in the case. Or so it seems.

A listener note: this episode contains depictions of violence that some people may find disturbing.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.