Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015

Posts by Alan Smith

Yesterday I was banned from Reddit. This is a poignant example of how thought control to preserve a paradigm works.

I would ponder gratefully the time such a ban saves you. You can lead donkeys to the water trough, but you cannot make them drink.

I discussed this with a colleague today. We decided it suits the old English expression - 'Damned with faint praise.' - meaning it is so weak on the positives it might be construed as negative. And it is only a weak counterbalance to the very hostile editorial pieces that they published along with the first Google paper and also promoted.

However, perhaps a crust is better than no bread.

Thanks for that- here's a more accessible version...

Abstract

The low energy nuclear transmutation reactions were investigated within a

compact flourescent lamp (CFL), which was irradiated by intense

microwave energy. A modified microwave owen operated as a source of

intense electromagnetic field. Solids like glasses or CFLs absorbed

efficiently microwave energy (E+H field both) resulting arcing, ionization

and plasma state. We observed and measured possible elemental

transmutation of the P to Si and S in CFL-s during intense microwave (MW)

irradiation. Since this phenomenon seems to be very complex, therefore it

requires multidisciplinary approaches.

MicrowaveInducedElementalTransmutationinCompactFlourescentLamps.pdf

A rather more elaborate series of experiments, some vaguely Mizuno-like and some using 'superwave' US was carried out by Irving Dardik and associates back in 2003. Dardik moved to Israel where this work was carried out some years ago and is no longer involved in LENR- at least not visibly so.

ABSTRACT.

Energetics Technologies (ET) was recently established to investigate possibilities for inducing Low Energy Nuclear
    Reactions (LENR) using special wave excitation. Four experimental approaches are being pursued: electrolysis, glowdischarge, gas loading in catalyst cells and high-pressure high-temperature cell with ultrasonic wave excitation. The
    experimental setups developed by ET are described along with preliminary results obtained. A significant amount of
    excess heat was measured in the first glow discharge experiment. The power generated during the experiment was up
    to 3.9 times the input power. When driven with waves the excess heat was higher than when driven with DC. A
    significant amount of excess heat was also measured after the shutdown of the glow discharge; it lasted for
    approximately 10 hours. The total excess energy generated is estimated to be 6.7 times the input energy. The “heatafter-death” phenomenon was also observed in another glow discharge experiment. Excess heat up to approximately
    80% was measured over a period of over 3 months in yet another glow discharge experiment. Driving the electrolytic
    cells with waves resulted in a faster loading than when driving them with DC of the same average current. The tritium
    concentration in the electrolyte measured at the end of the experiments was found to be up to more than 100% the preexperiment level. No excess heat was measured, so far, in the catalyst cells. Successful loading of Pd target with D was
    obtained in the high-pressure high-temperature gas cell without going through the α+β phase of the Pd-D system.

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/DardikIintensific.pdf

Understanding SO4 is indeed difficult. I must confess that I cannot follow the math, but I can follow the logic behind it. If Wyttenbach has a good model (which I think he does) then the steadfast proponents of the SM as the way, the truth and the light will really miss themselkves when they are gone. But as we know, scientists in general believe what they are paid to believe, and come between a man and his paycheck and you've got trouble.

I think you would also find some foamed alumina fire-bricks useful. These are sold for building pizza ovens and ceramic kilns. Lightweight and easy to cut and shape with woodworking tools, you will need to shape one to hold the hemispherical base of the vacuum flask and possibly another to cut for a lid. If you are good with hand tools you might be able to get a base and a lid from one brick.

More than water traces possibly violently turning to steam as they come in contact with the hot material (which I guess could be defined as an explosion) a possible concern that I have is that heating the solid material too quickly might cause it to explode from the pressure of the internally trapped water, like it can sometimes happen with carelessly fired clay or with viscous magmas.

That is the reason I suggest you use a Triac voltage controller in line with the PID- you can 'bake out' any trapped water by keeping the heater voltage down below (say) 180V - the slower rate allows time for water to evaporate safely and also prevents the formation of 'super-hot' spots up against the heater wall. Those heaters are glow bright red at 800C.

The basic set up can probably be built for around €100 or less. To drive the heater you would need a PID thermostat, SSR, (control relay) and K-type thermocouple. Ebay is offering this trio for around €12 for example. You would need a longer-reach TC than this but you can buy 100mm or longer K-types for €5 plus post.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LCD…6e4f95:g:b5AAAOSw0eNdBwSF

A 240v cartridge heater is also cheap - these types normally come with glass-fibre insulated wires as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220…d4c744:g:KNIAAOSwEjFXeh00

You might also want to power this via a triac voltage control - this means you can control maximum temperature via the PID/SSR/TC combo but also the heating rate -these are ludicrously cheap, for example.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200…9047dc:g:tnwAAOSwDOpbzWaJ

For a reactor containment I suggest you use a stainless-steel vacuum flask stripped of any plastic parts. Like one of these - 630ml capacity should be enough.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lun…id=p2047675.c100008.m2219

If you want more heat-resisting wire, then something like this should do

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OVE…id=p2045573.c100281.m3567

And for connectors, something like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cer…faa6f1:g:d2wAAOSwBLlVJjaI

Any wiring problems I would be pleased to help. A final thought- these parts are so cheap, I would buy 2 of everything if possible- especially the heater and TC;s you want. Cheap TC's (even stainless steel k-types tend to die after long exposures to 800C plus. In the subject of TC's btw, I am not sure what the effect of molten Potassium Carbonate on the sheathing would be.

AND - No- you cannot add water to molten salts at anything over 200C without risking a steam explosion. And even below 200C I would be very cautious.

......these dead-ends continue to represent the fields in which the leading theorists and experimentalists cluster to investigate. These blind alleys, which have borne no fruit for literally two generations of physicists, continue to attract funding and attention, despite possibly being disconnected from reality completely. In her new book, Lost In Math, Sabine Hossenfelder adroitly confronts this crisis head on, interviewing mainstream scientists, Nobel Laureates, and (non-crackpot) contrarians alike. You can feel her frustration, and also the desperation of many of the people she speaks with. The book answers the question of "have we let wishful thinking about what secrets nature holds cloud our judgment?" with a resounding "yes!"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/s…on-nonsense/#149b4aa97566

Also do you know if the LED lighting you mentioned Alan can reach 400 lux for tennis courts? The LED lights we currently have in mind are Tweener, see spec attached, but they only achieve 300 lux, which is quite a big issue since the LTA will only approve 400. Product Datasheet - SINGLE Tweener - EU Version - ENG v3.pdf

I'm pretty sure they can. I will double-check today.

Max Nozin . Big problems with that one you know. All of the carbon/aluminium work has been in the public domain (in various forms) since the 1970's. Getting it to work is mostly an engineering problem - but he has competitors in the USA who are already selling commercial versions to the USN.

Did you notice this odd little note at the foot of the article you linked BTW?

[Author’s note: A Google search for “Austin Electric Essex UK” failed to turn up any information or website for the company. The photos in the Daily Mail story are proprietary and cannot be republished by CleanTechnica, but nothing prevents you from reading the Daily Mail story yourself. I have guests from the UK staying with me at the moment and they suggest the Daily Mail may not enjoy the highest reputation for journalistic excellence.]

But a Companies House search reveals Austin are (like us) based on a farm nearby, but were only incorporated a month ago, https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12219849/view-all