Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:
  • Portal

Posts by Alan Smith

https://www.zerohedge.com/news…woodford-devastating-blow

'The shocking blocking of redemptions from Neil Woodford's, £3.7bn Woodford Equity Income Fund - after serial underperformance led to an investor exodus - is still sending shockwaves across the US asset management arena two days after it was first reported.

"I can’t remember anything quite like this" said Peter Walls, veteran manager of the Unicorn Mastertrust fund, after trading in Woodford's fund was suspended. "I mean going back over decades really, there were quite a few funds that just didn’t pick up the telephone and suspended dealing in the dark days of the crash of '87 and black Monday and all that but this is quite big stuff," he said in an interview with CityWire.'

Things nobody knew about hydrogen....

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature02910

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at high (but experimentally accessible) pressures, compressed hydrogen will adopt a liquid state, even at low temperatures. In reaching this phase, hydrogen is also projected to pass through an insulator-to-metal transition. This raises the possibility of new state of matter: a near ground-state liquid metal, and its ordered states in the quantum domain.,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I think that a presentation of some kind about IH's work was planned for the next ICCF in September. Whether they would (or even could) bring that forward or not is not going to make much different to Woodford's position - the perecentage of the fund in IH stocks is too small for a bit (or even a lot) of fairy dust to make all the other problems go away.

Or maybe a loss of confidence in the field- that apart, Woodford's serial bloopers - Theranos, PurpleBricks etc has eroded confidence in the fund as a whole- and the Kent CC decision to withdraw their pension fund has just made things worse.

According to BBC radio news this morning, Kent County Council asked to withdraw their £250M pension fund allocation from the Equity Income Trust.

So in order to avoid a 'run on the bank' Woodford has blocked cash withdrawals.

ETA- suspensions are limited to 28 days or less.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Interesting paper from forum member fabrice DAVID - I notice the following mention :-

Also worth mentioning is the remarkable work of the
    Georgian and Russian teams in the field of phagotherapy.
    Phagotherapy is the fight against bacterial infections with
    the help of bacteriophage viruses.

(7) (PDF) Shock Electrolysis : A New Path to the Hydrogen Age ?. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/p…px-oTQPjrbM7HVD7MR-B5AbbI [accessed May 29 2019].

My first job was working as a bacteriology technician in a private pathology laboratory in Harley St. It was run by a very sprightly 80 year old MD, who was himself an expert on phages, and one of the srvices offered was the culture of 'custome grown' phages to combat specific infections which bwas quite an intricate process. Phage research was of great interest in the UK up until the commercial development of antibiotics, and my boss never gave up on it - and neither had our clients, who (I suspect) mostly came from the less progressive denizens of Harley St, the UK's centre for expensive private medicine. I am glad to see that it staging a come-back in the face of the problems of antibiotic resistance. Being living things phage viruses can mutate/evolve rapidly to overcome developing resistance to their attacks...nature does it for us,

https://ing.dk/artikel/google-…l&utm_campaign=ing_daglig

Google sponsors cold fusion research: "Interesting but without evidence"

Cold fusion

The Fleischmann-Pons experiment is subjected to a new test. If fusion of two deuterium nuclei to either helium-3 or tritium (triton) occurs, it can be detected by neutron and proton detectors. Illustration: Nature

A two-year research project involving leading universities in the USA and Canada has not found evidence of cold fusion, but research in this area can still be interesting in many contexts, the researchers believe.

By Jens Ramskov May 27, 2019 at. 17:005

An update from Ed Lewis - don't miss the book offer at the bottom of the piece.

MICROPLASMOID PHENOMENA: DETECTING, RECORDING, AND SHIELDING

Microscopic examination of samples and using witness sheets, plates, emulsions etc. is the best way to determine whether people have microplasmoids in their experiments (or patches of plasmoid state atoms). But it depends on how fast they are moving out of a sample. In some of Matsumoto's experiments, they moved slow enough and were bright enough so that he could see them he said with his eyes.

He also tried using a "microtelescope" (I think they are not expensive now) and catch them on video. This type of video recording or video imaging equipment will let you watch remotely... I guess also you could program equipment to photograph bright sparks that come out.

People could also design some sort of an array that will record the passage or impinging of these plasmoids.

Since I am not sure of how dangerous they are (maybe that depends too on what kind of plasmoid comes out, the state they are in, and what they may contain), it might not be a good idea to be next to your experiments and watch. You could set up sheets of photographic emulsions, x-ray film up all around it.

I got this from Stringham who said he saw big ones. So you can see sometimes they are quite big. I wonder what exactly came out.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fssl.gstatic.com%2Fdocs%2Fdoclist%2Fimages%2Ficon_11_image_list.png&t=1558947751&ymreqid=4d3ea96b-ee1a-f21c-1c70-d7000a01f100&sig=aW4okcFYxw.Ev6BwkRq.yg--~C   chnVL40ORaWuNygrHJG6yw_thumb_3d3c.jpeg

Shielding

Instead of using just passively grounded shielding, people could try to use electrified shielding too or some sort of energized shielding. Something like a mesh or material that will carry a charge or current so that you might get a minor shock if you touch it or something that would energetically stimulate plasmoids that come across a field of energy.

I am thinking of those rackets with batteries in them that people use to kill bugs. Shoulders was saying something energized might make dark state plasmoids change state so that the material or energy field blocks the plasmoids.

Distance Traveled

Some of the Russian researchers are saying that these microplasmoids, based on their experimental detection methods, only travel about 40 centimeters or less. So they said that people further away than this won't be in danger from these plasmoids. I do think that there is a general relationship between the distance a plasmoid will travel and their size, so the bigger they are, the further they travel. However, even microscopic ones can travel far.

Very large plasmoids make long trenches and other marks and tracks kilometers long in the planets and moons, and galactic plasmoid phenomena apparently are light years long (based on the reports of astrophysicists).

However, when I was a kid, I made ball lightning-like plasmoids a millimeter or a few millimeters wide (I remember they were about the same size for some reason, but can't tell their exact size) by striking a rock with a hammer, and these traveled meters at least until they got out of my sight. They were bright and colorful, and it was dusk, so I could see them clearly when they were within a meter or two of me.

One traveled around me and a friend and must have traveled about 3 meters from where it left the rock before it hit me in the wrist and went inside my wrist. I could feel it deep inside my wrist. There was momentary intense pain.

Based on this experience and lots of other ball lightning and microplasmoid reports such as those of Matsumoto and Shoulders, I think even small microplasmoids that make 30 micrometer-sized markings or smaller can travel through the air quite a distance.

The report Stringham sent me of his experience is further evidence that common types of transmutation experiments can make dangerous plasmoids that travel quite a distance. He told me the hairs on his hand were burned.

Deflecting by Magnets

Another way to shield against plasmoids is to deflect them or control their path. Magnets can deflect the path of plasmoids, but I don't know if this is true for all kinds of plasmoids or all states of plasmoids. There are possibly a variety or range of dark states and grey states.

I haven't done enough study of the available research evidence or don't know of any specific research to see whether the flight path or behavior of dark state plasmoids might be controlled by using magnets. But white state plasmoids probably will have an electric charge and magnetism, and they can be controlled in this way.

Probably, "dark grey" plasmoid states might be controlled by means of magnets and electric and magnetic fields.

Electron guns and the old style of TV screens show that magnets can be used to control the direction of electrons.

If you are interested in learning more about plasmoids and ball lightning, please see my site and the papers there in the Physics Articles section. I am excited about the finding of the copious plasmoid markings on planets, moons and asteroids and about some of the recent research in Russia.

If you want to learn about the early research in this field in the 1990s and how other big physics anomalies from the 1970s and 1980s are resolved by my plasmoid theory, there is information about that in my book that I wrote in the 1990s that you can see online (see Book section). I know that my site doesn't have an https certificate, but the paypal is secure and works. I can send a password for the book if I get your email address.

Ed Lewis
    http://www.scientificrevolutions.com
    http://www.plasmoid-revolution.com
    mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fssl.gstatic.com%2Fdocs%2Fdoclist%2Fimages%2Ficon_11_image_list.png&t=1558947751&ymreqid=4d3ea96b-ee1a-f21c-1c70-d7000a01f100&sig=aW4okcFYxw.Ev6BwkRq.yg--~C   chnVL40ORaWuNygrHJG6yw_thumb_3d3c.jpeg