Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Alan Smith

Henry. You are really trolling now. And your comments on Nobel Prizes show your total ignorance of the topic - both science and how it works, and in particular Nobel Prizes are awarded. Marconi was a brilliant Italian product of the University of Bologna, but he got his Nobel for theory, not for his commercial nous. Even though Tesla always claimed that he was 'first'.

Non commercial? For example, 2016's Nobel Prize in physics was awarded to three men, who, in the 1970s and 1980s, explained the very weird thing that happen to matter when you squish it down to a flat plane, or cool it down to near absolute zero. Half the prize went to David Thouless of the University of Washington, and the other half was split between Duncan Haldane of Princeton University and J. Michael Kosterlitz of Brown. All the laureates were born in the UK. The prize is a reward for their theoretical work, said Thors Hans Hansson, a Nobel committee member, at the Nobel announcement. “It has combined beautiful mathematics and profound physics insights, and achieved unexpected results that has been confirmed by experiments,” Hansson said.

No commercial products yet, although the fundamental work for which they were awarded the prize was performed 40 years ago.

In my opinion, responses like this betray a lack of confidence in your beliefs. You are responding in the style Jed Rothwell sometimes (and to his credit, not that often) employs-- defensive and unhelpful. If you have a customer who does as requested, how hard is it to simply write who it is, with a link? I don't understand the role of this sort of exchange. Why?

Mary, they actually betray a rather old fashioned belief in customer confidentiality, and a reluctance to spoon -feed the merely inquisitive.

To quote my post above..

" I have never ever claimed that LFH has or offers a system which produces XSH to order, we create inexpensive tools and provide hard to find materials for LENR researchers. Picks and shovels, not gold mines. You must be thinking of somebody else."

@Henry: In the interest of accuracy, 5 questions is not a couple. A couple is 2. Here are some answers, thank you for your interest. Don't ask any more, that would be mischievous..

a) None of your business, that question is never going to be answered, but we have never made a profit from sales and support researchers as generously as we can without thought for making money, that is not our primary purpose.

b I have no idea, it is an ongoing complaint of mine that customers almost never tell us what they are up to with our equipment. On the other hand we have never received a complaint about quality or performance, on the contrary, many compliments and repeat business. ETA. After a pause for thought, I recall 2 customers reported initial problems with data-loggers, but this was in both cases been resolved. They were due to unrelated problems caused by, for example, thermocouple ground loops and/or unfamiliarity with handling Arduino-based software and systems.

c) There is one such customer, reporting on ECW and collaborating with MFMP. Find him yourself.

d) What customers do with equipment is beyond my control, they buy it, it is theirs.

e) No. And incidentally, your posts have never demonstrated that you have any scientific ability or interest whatsoever beyond a tendency towards total disbelief in the whole LENR field. To follow your suggestion would be like asking someone who lived exclusively on bacon sandwiches to taste-test fruit yogurt. You know they will hate it.

Finally, I have never ever claimed that LFH has or offers a system which produces XSH to order, we create inexpensive tools and provide hard to find materials for LENR researchers. Picks and shovels, not gold mines. You must be thinking of somebody else.

I do know that for the most part, when I approached a university to do a joint research project, it took a lot of effort and paper work. This after finding a department head or at least tenured professor to be champion the cause somewhat. Not always easy to do to say the least.

Once again. I've done all of that. Twice. Not bothering again. As for the politics, tell me about it! I have the T-shirt and the hat.

I could go to many universities and ask them to test my LENR device. It should only cost 10 - 20 thousand! With just my asking, I can expect zero to take the offer. If I produce significant and documented data / reasoning to test to the right university, I probably would get interes

I quite agree, though I think your price a little too bargain basement for current universities. Just to be clear, the two documented refusals were for devices (not mine) with data and private funding support. The 'Elf and Safety' nonsense arose when one science department wanted to play with a reactor, another science department said they had no business doing so as it was their field of interest, and finally somebody higher-up resolved the squabble by getting H&S to ban its use.

I do know a little about the academic world btw, probably more than many as I spent 10 years working for one as both lecturer and external consultant - the consultancy part mostly begging cash for R&D and course development.

Do you really believe that, honestly?

A research university is “afraid” to power up and investigate the cure for the cancer of the 21st century, clean cheap energy? Really?

Scientists and researchers are as curious and more so than most. If presented with documented evidence of some yet unknown energy source they would most certainly go thru a vetting process and test,

they most certainly would not be “afraid”.

That is simply ludicrous.

It's not a question of belief when you have seen the refusals. Unless you are suggesting I'm lying, which I do hope you are not.

I sincerely doubt your assertion that universities would jump at the chance to test a cold fusion device. Even tenured experimental physicists would refuse to give it as much as a moment of consideration, for the most part.

I know they wont. I have emails containing refusals. I wish i could say who they were, but don't ask. ETA - entirely unconnected with those refusals, there is even one of lookingforheat.com's reactors making no claims of magic sitting in another European university that they have refused to power up because 'Elf and Safety' concerns. Seems that 36V is just too much of a risk for them.

Mary, you have been warned before. You cannot accuse somebody of dishonestly practising science while you are not even honest about your own name. Do it again and you will be sanctioned. ETA - And neither should you incite someone else to do it for you.

Дорогой Геннадий. Если вы хотите передать информацию другому участнику в частном порядке, вы можете сделать это, создав «разговор». Посмотрите на него в верхней части страниц форума. Вы создаете небольшой частный поток, добавляя имена участников форума, которые вы хотите увидеть. Никто не может видеть, что вы правы, за исключением администраторов. В правом верхнем углу экрана форума есть значок колокольчика, это будет вибрировать, когда вас ждет ответ.

Пожалуйста, простите плохого русского - это лучшее, что может сделать Google!

This is rather reminiscent of an unwinnable argument. If I said my fellow visitor was an engineer, someone else would demand a scientist, If he was a magician somebody else would demand a ventriloquist, if an academic the some would want Joe the Plumber. It is what it is, And I quite agree with Bruce__H . This isn't likely to be decisive in terms of what is shown, however, converstions in the 'smoke filled rooms' associated with these events may prove to be highly illuminating.

@THH. (and Henry) Thank you for your wise advice. I will pass it on. @Bob. No NDA mentioned, direct invite, but I will respect any requests for confidentiality that are to do with personal privacy from other attendees and are not directly related. No restrictions of any kind on relating what I observe have been mentioned.

@Bob.

Thank you for your kind offer of support. I am going to the demo, no NDA about that, but it is a requirement that the place and exact date remain confidential until Andrea Rossi makes them public. It's all booked, and looks like costing me around £900/1000 if I want to eat and drink anything. Email me via '[email protected]' if you (or anyone) wish to help financially, every little helps. I'm going with a real academic heavyweight and hope to use the opportunity to organise an 'impossible physics' university symposium on LENR and EmDrive with demos sometime in 2018. But whatever happens to that plan, I will write my visit up as fully as possible and post it in here.