Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Alan Smith

Dr. Kim shared with me that DKG never shared any actual experiment data with him. He reached his conclusions from reports / summaries just like another researcher who is presently being used and abused.

Well thank you for that. I told Axil many times not to further embarrass poor Dr. Kim by raising the topic of Defkalion. Maybe one day he will accept that they had nothing.

Hi Hank.

This is an excellent initiative, for which you are to be thanked. One little problem is that chemicals tend not to be branded like toothpaste, and buying them from leading producers like Sigma Aldritch (even assuming they deign to supply you as a private individual) is often 10X as expensive as buying on the grey market. An example of this is the 'Norilsk Nickel' that Lookingforheat.com sells. It is the one most consistently giving us a modest XSH result- but we know nothing about it as it was bought on the (would you believe it!) Eastern European equivalent of Craigslist.

Everything else that looking for heat does by way of experiments and nickel prep -and much more- is on out website -both documents and videos -under the general heading of 'Research Notes'.

I find it interesting that Rossi may be using square waves. Unlike sinusoidal wave forms, I think they provide a much stronger kick or jolt to the active components of the charge. Also, we know that Songsheng Jiang used DC power. When he turned off the…

It isn't necessarily all about high voltage. If the magnetic fields are important you should be thinking about high current heater coils - since field strength is proportional to ampere-turns.

I too have seen evidence of LENR activity centered around the 2-second (0.5Hz) cycling on and off of DC heater coils switched by a PID temperature controller. Square wave edges again. But as you may know, I am doing a lot of work on this aspect of the tech.

Hi John.

Choosing to do an experiment like this is not totally a good idea - since it involves (for a start) buying chemicals we only sell to over 18's. And also working with very hot things- 1300C+. However, if you go to our website www.Lookingforheat.com you will find quite a bit of information- and also videos showing experiments. Nobody on earth could guarantee you a working demonstration of LENR rith now though.

Look at 'catalytic carbon' on our website though. The experiments are not so risky, the reults pretty much guaranteed and also it is totally new technology. A way to make clean hydrogen in whatever amount and in any place you need it.

If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask.

Somewhere on the web- and some time ago -I read an apparently credible report saying that examining data from the network of seismic stations established to detect nuclear weapons had detected 2 objects apparently passing right through the planet. I can't find any links now (apologies) but perhaps someone else has seen the story.

One of my relatives still bears the actual physical scars of her encounter with ball lightning as a young girl. She mentioned the small of sulphur and the way her brother's hair stood one end as the ball hovered in front of them. She was standing near a cast-iron rainwater pipe and the ball suddenly darted into the exit hole and exploded inside it. She got shrapnel wounds. Amazing but true.

Apart from the temperature. To make a permanent magnet you need a force (energy) to align the atoms. Where would that come from if not the coil current?

I am not sure. You see some weird stuff- for instance a simple demo I have done for myself. Microwave some carbon grains- they become magnetic -hard to explain that one. But I do know that anybody setting up to create permanent ferromagnetism using AC coils is heading for disappointment. AC is used for de-magnetising.

They should have used a simple needle compass to confirm, which is not subject to RFI. It would be wonderful to discover high magnetic fields caused by LENR, but there is too little evidence of sound measure from Defkalion to get excited about it.

Amen to that.(where 'too little' = zero)

Quote from BobHiggins: “When you say that the Li in the ash is in clumps and is magnetized, could it be that the Li is in the FexOy particles as the alkali metal dopant for a catalyst? Or, have you specifically isolated the Li to coincidence with the…

I think it unlikely that heating coil current could induce permanent magnetism into the Ni ash in a Rossi type system. Firstly because he is known to use square-wave polyphase AC to run the heater coils (see Lugano paper page 6) and secondly because of the Ni was above its Curie temperature (327C) whem a potentially magnetising coils is switched off, it will not be magnetic when cool.

[quote][...Vale T255 Ni powder in that era. I believe a jar of that powder could be seen in one of his videos./quote]

I would take that with a pinch of salt Bob. I am sure that a lot of the 'early' Focardi era Ni was made in the chem lab in Bologna.Not to say Rossi never used V255 -and when he went to the USA he left a kilo bag of Ni behind. I doubt the chem guy ever made that much.

Just measuring at the wall plug with no filtering could give you variable results. It is also easier to measure DC with a (slow) computer connected ADC which is what you would probably need if you want to keep a streaming record of experiment results.

And for Arduino-based data-logging it is important to have a 'quiet' voltage - AC SCR's etc drive them crazy. As for measuring at the wall socket- Killawatt type digital power meters are cheap enough but I'm not sure how reliable they are. And another thing - my lab space is at the other end of a 50M length of 60A armoured cable coming from very close to the grid connection. Random switching of the lab electrical space heating system causes a mains voltage variation at the lab end of the cable between 232V and 224V. While this 8V shift in supply level leaves a switched mode DC PSU entirely unmoved, when driving the reactor heater coils directly from the main supply via an SCR you can actually see the glow of the red-hot coils varying.