Peter Verified User
  • Member since Apr 23rd 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Peter

In electrical engineering parlance there is no such thing as a bulb, they are called lamps.

In the 1960's you could buy Philips Photolita lamps for photographic studio use.

I still have a working one.

They had a filament designed for 180v use, you ran them at normal line voltage ie 240 volts.

If you switched them straight on they would blow, but you brought them up with a dimmer,

slowly. they would survive for a maximum of 5 hours. They were known as overun lamps.

They were very very much brighter than ordinary incandescents and the light was very much

whiter. I guess the filament was running at near its melting point 3410 deg C

Pete.

The cornish pasty is a meat filled pastry turnover with a thick double crust on one side.

You eat the meat bit, but throw away the thick crusty bit which is there only as a handle with which to hold it.

Reason: there were no hand washing facilities at the mines. Cornish granite has a very high proportion of Arsenic.

just for curiousity, this articel is dated 15. Aug. 2020, but today is 12. Aug. (MEZ)

Bit like the BBC announcement that building 7 had collapsed 20 minutes before it did

I fail to see why people shy away from fast neutron fission breeder technology.

Not only does it renew its inventory of fissile material, it produces more than it consumes.

It's like having a wind turbine that not only produces energy from the wind, but produces extra

wind for those turbines downwind of itself.

In my recently purchased ozonizer (to ward off Covid 19) oxygen is subjected to a dielectric barrier discharge of about 3kV.

It is mounted in my hall, next to the front door where the virus might enter. Ozone is lethal to viruses and bacteria.

A reasonable concentration in the room I don't frequent so much.

A much much lower concentration wafts round the house.

A mass spec uses a high voltage to ionize the incomming species, with deuterium one might expect D3+ to be produced.

Let's call it Deuzone ! mass-6

It would be better to put them on their
    stomachs, possibly placing them in “steel lungs” (I don't know the name in
    English: it was the beds used in the 40s and 50s for patients with
    polyomyelitis.) Iron Lungs

https://element1.com/products/fch-020-hydrofil-pro/

Hi Alan,

Dennis Cravens has one of these. It is a small hydrogen generator which uses a Proton Exchange Membrane,

therefore the gas output is dry.

Instead of filling it with distilled water he fills it with Deuterium oxide.

With it, he can get 3 litres per hour of pure dry deuterium gas whenever he wants it.

It's not very expensive and circumvents the pressure bottle regulations.

All the best, Pete.

Covid-19 is far too important a subject to make glib or off the cuff statements about.

If you know of any false information in the above announcement you must point it out and correct it specifically.

People are dying.

temperature of just 26/27 degrees ?????

Yes, I noticed that, seems odd

However I am just the messenger. I will try to find out more

Did find:-

Coronavirus may be killed by a higher body temperature

May I postulate this deadly virus has the following characteristics :

1. It is highly infectious because it infects by air-borne.

2. If the body temperature is below 36C, it grows very fast.

3. The destructive immune reaction will take some time (? 7-10 days) to

develop. Patients then start to have high fever.

4. During this period, if the body temperature is above 36.5C, and better

still, above 37C, the virus is attenuated or killed. Body will develop a

milder immune response and recover.

So maybe a typo? 26/27 maybe read 36/37 degrees Celsius

>>

>> “IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS

>>

>> Last evening dining out with friends, one of their uncles, who's graduated

>> with a master's degree and who worked in Shenzhen Hospital (Guangdong

>> Province, China) sent him the following notes on Coronavirus for guidance:

>>

>> 1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold

>>

>> 2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.

>>

>> 3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a

>> temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.

>>

>> 4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to

>> the ground and is no longer airborne.

>>

>> 5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so

>> if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon

>> as you can with a bacterial soap.

>>

>> 6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will

>> kill it.

>>

>> 7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink

>> liquids with ice.

>>

>> 8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for

>> 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your

>> eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.

>>

>> 9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in

>> warm water will suffice.

>>

>> 10. Can't emphasise enough - drink plenty of water!

>>

>> THE SYMPTOMS

>>

>> 1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting

>> 3/4 days

>>

>> 2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and

>> then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.

>>

>> 3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.

>>

>> 4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're

>> drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

>>

>> SPREAD THE WORD - PLEASE SHARE.”

helium: m= 4.0026 amu

D2 m= 4.0282 amu

Resolving them with a mass spectrometer is very tricky, very, very tricky.

But if the residual gas is subjected to high frequency high voltage excitation (plasma globe supply)

the optical spectra are as different as chalk and cheese.

The unusually high neutron capture cross section of certain (few) isotopes is somewhat of a mystery. 135-Xenon can be explained by magic

numbers, the others cannot. Xing Zhong Li (Professor Emeritus Tsinghua University) believes that the GENERAL stability of such isotopes is also

anomalous. He and I discussed this at some length at ICCF21 in Fort Collins last year.

Xing Zhong is one of two physicists who have e-mailed me to ask for more details regarding 'Serendipitous Discovery'

Alan / Bob, magicsound , please would you e-mail / post the scanning electron micrograph and the X-Ray flourescence data that you obtained from the

ultrasonically treated Indium foil , so that I can pass them on.

These were shown in Bob's poster. Bob, I hope you have recovered from your hip problem.

All the best, Pete.

Well done Bill for fixing a most excellent and enjoyable conference.

For me, the highlight of ICCF 22 was the announcement of a serendipitous discovery made by Alan Goldwater and Robert Greenyer that Indium

subjected to ultrasonic excitation ( 43 kilohertz , 35 watts ) for a few minutes showed unambiguous evidence of nuclear transmutation.

Have they discovered cavitation induced fission of the Indium nucleus ?

Their discovery was made only a few days before their travelling to Assisi , so there is much more to be researched.

Interestingly Leo Szilard submitted a British Patent (No. GB 630726 ) in 1938 for a chain reaction involving Beryllium and Indium.

I believe that for security reasons the submission was D-noticed, but that the patent was granted and published after the war,

when the chain fission cat was out of the bag. Pete.

Hi Jed,

I have a copy of the ICCF-13 proceedings. It was Yuri's conference in Sochi ( jun25-jul1. 2007)

However the book is very heavy 1.6 kg and long 816 pages.

Our post office wants 36 GBP to get it to the US. ouch !

If you want to wait, I'll bring it with me to Bill's conference in September.

Happy New Year Pete.