cam Member
  • Member since Jul 2nd 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by cam

@Wyttenbach

May be You should read the papers more carefully.

I did already:
    Cs or Sr was deposited on the surface of the thin Pd layer.
    Mercury is the only cathode where you could get elementary Cs and Sr.
    In my opinion Iwamura's claim is the most preposterous in the whole cold fusion incredible history. Don't you agree? Look for his work in this Japanese data bank:
    http://www.jcprg.org/exfor/

@oystla

Many physists are also highly competent chemists

And viceversa? I don't think so. In Italy physicists do only one exam of chemistry in the first year of their studies. Let chemistry be done by chemists; they are everywhere if you need some help.
    As for me, It would be a good chance if I knew 5% of the chemistry I should know. Physics is for me Berkeley Physics... with important difficulties and voids!

@oystla

you should publish a critisism and give the authors a chance to answer your questions. You have probably misunderstood something vital.

Writing that the the electrodeposition described by Iwamura et al. is a grotesque fake is already a public criticism. Anyone who knows electrochemistry can comment freely.
    Anyway Iwamura is unknown as nuclear expert even in his own country. I admit this is not very important, as Iwamura works as a private and private people can do what they like. Things are different in Italy, where many years ago at Bologna University some academicians spent time and public money practising cold fusion.
    The papers you have just quoted are not archived in IAEA and BNL nuclear data bank. They do not belong to the Generally Accepted Nuclear Science. I have chosen to comment Iwamura, but keep it just as an example.

@oystla

And CAM, your comments like "CF does not exist since it is not in EXFOR" is stupid, strange, naive and makes no sence.
    We have not reached the end of science, and that includes physics.

Do you think that IAEA and BNL do not care nuclear physics? Last update of EXFOR dates back to May 5, 2016.
    Have you ever found in lenr-canr.org the excitation function of a lenr? As everybody, if you need an excitation function you must make a query on EXFOR, not on lenr-canr.org.

@oystla

There are many Cold Fusion papers in mainstream Science Journals. These are just a few ones:

Let give a look at the first paper by Iwamura and others.
    Iwamura, Yasuhiro, Sakano, Mitsuru, and Itoh, Takehiko (July 2002) "Elemental Analysis of Pd Complexes: Effects of D2 Gas Permeation," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics A, Vol. 41, p. 4642-4650

The paper as affected by a heavy scientific lie:

After forming a Pd complex, Cs or Sr was deposited on the surface of the thin Pd layer. Cs or Sr atom was deposited by applying an electric field to 1 mM CsNO3
    (with purity up to 99.9%) or Sr(OD)2 (with purity up to 99%) solution as shown in Fig. 2(b). A Pt wire (with purity up to 99.9%) was utilized as a counter-electrode. A 1 V negative voltage was applied to the Pd complex for 10 s. The value of 1 V was chosen to suppress D2 and O2 gas generations by electrolyzing the CsNO3 or Sr(OD)2 solution.

Cs and Sr cannot be electrodeposited on a "thin Pd layer" from an aqueous solution. No Cs and Sr electrodeposited, no transmutations. The paper is trash, weird science.
    Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. may be a serious scientific journal on technical physics, but the reviewers were physicists who cannot be familiar with electrochemistry.
    Of course the paper is not registered on EXFOR.
    If you consider lenr-canr.org as important as IAEA and BNL no problem, but be aware that you can contribute to misinform or deceive people who are attracted by the fascinating world of nuclear science.

@Eric Walker

you seem to be saying above that the circumstances of the experiments tabulated in EXFOR can be assumed to be sufficiently similar to those of the electrolysis, gas diffusion and glow discharge LENR experiments that the LENR experiments will not add anything to what is in EXFOR. This is a strong claim.

I'm only saying that no article on cold fusion has ever been accepted in the IAEA or BNL data banks. Article on cold fusion are only present in ICCF or in Jed Rothwell's collection, as far as I know.
    The cold fusion literature has been rejected by the Generally Accepted Nuclear Science. So I can infer that cold fusion is rejected by GANS.

@Ascoli65

So, this would be an argument for demonstrating that the Italian political and research establishments reject Cold Fusion. Wouldn't it?

Yes, I think so; it is a good active argument against weird science. It matters much more than an ICCF.
    In my opinion, MIUR is not interested in Realacci's claim, as they have been waiting since October 2013, even if Realacci is a member of the government. Nobody cares his claim and never will. He is severely humiliated.
    I think that cold fusion in Italy is almost forgotten. Think of 1989 and you will catch the difference. You are too much interested in political events; researchers in Universities are much more realistic than politicians.

@Eric Walker

Qualifications are important and helpful, but there's no substitute for looking into the truth of the matter oneself.

I think Jed Rothwell would be helpful if nuclearists didn't have huge national and international data banks. You can find anything you need there.
    By the way, I have found something for our reflexions.
    Violante et al.
    MASS SPECTROMETRY: CRITICAL ASPECTS RELATED TO THE PARTICLES DETECTION IN THE CONDENSED MATTER NUCLEAR SCIENCE (ICCF 15)

reaction D+D = 4 He + heat (24 MeV for event) in the palladium lattice.
    Even if the palladium lattice promoted that rare reaction, 24 MeV gammas cannot become sensible heat. LET for gammas is too high to yield heat of high enthalpic value. In normal conditions such an article would have been screened.

@Eric Walker

What you've alluded to is that the establishment physicists are ignoring LENR research

Jed Rothwell quotes this article by Reifenschweiler:
    Some Experiments on the Decrease of the Radioactivity of Tritium Sorbed by Titanium
    I can't find the article in IAEA and other national data bank, so I immediately reject the article as nuclear trash. Do you think I am too demanding? In fact I am demanding, as Jed Rothwell is graduated in Japanese language and literature and can't exhibit the authority of an international or national data bank. Nobody would learn nuclear science mediated by an amateur scientist.
    Perhaps it is only my fault if I can't find Reifenschweiler's article. I know my own limits and I'll appreciate the help coming from anyone.

IH Fanboy

I am only trying to give information on the scientific allure of cold fusion on Italian researchers. Perhaps only Celani, Violante and their teams are working on it. Big organisations often keep long lasting activities. Universities have been silent for many years, as far as I know. But it is only a modest opinion of a retired chemist; I don't know very much about Italian cold fusion. Bologna? Catania? Palermo? Who knows. I think that Ascoli65 is much more informed than me.
    A member of the Italian parliament launched an interrogation pro cold fusion in 2013; the interrogation is still unanswered! A woman minister from Pisa told me that this is common practice when interrogations are not duly supported.

IH Fanboy

Well then, based on that evidence, cold fusion must be a lie.

Sponsors of the exhibition "Balle di Scienza" were:

Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca,
    Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare
    Università di Pisa
    Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
    Domus Galileiana
    Others
    http://www.palazzoblu.it/index.php?id=857&lang=it
    At present the exhibition is hosted by the University of Catania.

@Eric Walker

What you've alluded to is that the establishment physicists are ignoring LENR research. One cannot draw more than indirect conclusions about the quality of all LENR research on that basis.

Ignoring? I would say "rejecting". In Pisa I have visited an exhibition entitled "Balle di Scienza", lies of science. Cold fusion was among them. I have been told that in Bologna University students meow at the back of Prof. Levi. He has possibly killed his own career. Italian Universities aren't practising cold fusion since the end of 1989. They were interested only a few months after F&P's outing in March 1989.
    Anyway, we can try together to get some GA information about lenr. If you like, you can choose five of them and I can plot here their excitation function.

@Eric Walker

are the conditions of the experiments tabulated in EXFOR analogous to those of the experiments found in the ICCF proceedings, or are there some procedural, material or otherwise relevant differences that hinder the drawing of conclusions from one set of experiments to the other set?

I offer you a nice example; Reifenschweiler is a scientist largely known in the cold fusion world. Instead for IAEA and BNL the "Refeinschweiler effect" doesn't exist at all. Cold fusion and Generally Accepted Science seem to belong to different worlds. Try yourself.
    As Italian, I am interested in Italian scientists working in cold fusion, say Celani, Violante, Levi, Rossi. For EXFOR they do not even exist. You can find their names only in Rothwell's collection.